Scott Westerfeld Forum

Pages: 1 ... 130 131 [132]

Author Topic: Punch ups and punch lines and shipping [oh my]  (Read 50927 times)

GeeBeezy

Re: Punch ups and punch lines and shipping [oh my]
« Reply #1965 on: December 06, 2018, 05:19:12 PM »

You raise your middle fingers dramatically at the offending piece of cloth.
Fuck you too pennant. Fuck you t-
At that moment a camera-flash of blue-white light illuminates the courtyard where you stand. Lightning, but brighter than it should be. You look up at the manse, eyes peeled for anything unusual. And then a lightning bolt connects the heavens and the earth for a moment, landing somewhere in the center of the manse.

What do you do?

ジャガイモはセクシーで

and suddenly I wasnt a fish anymore I was omnipresent

Panzercrappitastica

• Westerforum Resident Exalt
« Reply #1966 on: December 06, 2018, 06:48:39 PM »

Investigate!! A ninja knows no fear!!
Purple-handed peep Volger with a flash tattoo hoverboarding around the Lynx in the blue hour with adreneline coursing through his penguins while failing to own the sunset! In a hoop skirt.

Pan the Imperial Bucket Holder

"Early to bed, early to rise, early to plan the world's demise"
- Catvomitsky

GeeBeezy

« Reply #1967 on: January 09, 2019, 09:37:35 PM »

You ran through the silent halls, following the trail of demon blood and broken furniture until you emerge in a courtyard that looks like a few bombs have gone off in it. Flanked by steaming craters and filling the air with the stench of burning hay is, well, it's a-
What the hell IS that thing??
It must be almost nine feet tall, partially swathed in a hay jacket that barely acts as a poncho, with a massive wooden douli tied to its head with a leather strap, that as you look you realize has pins, needles and nails driven through it both to pin it to the jaw and cheeks of that monster and to hold its jaws shut. Its nostrils have been sealed with clay and its mouth is plugged with blood soaked cotton, looking closer you realize it must be breathing through the hollow wooden pipes driven into its throat and chest.
Its eyes are wide, orange sized and lidless, flecked with green foam and swollen red veins, it looks panicked, pained and angry, at least part of which you imagine is due to the weeping wounds covering its fists, torso and tree-trunk-like legs. In its massive hands it carries a grotesque, nail-spotted parody of a garden rake with spikes as long as your forearm and a handle at least 10 feet long, a handle bending under the speed at which the rake is being swung again and again at a [1/2]

ジャガイモはセクシーで

GeeBeezy

« Reply #1968 on: January 14, 2019, 12:17:44 AM »

-pair of women in GORGEOUS nightgowns, one dark purple, the other deep blue with a red koi pattern. The women with the purple outfit you recognize as your auntie Qi, dark skinned with dark, DARK blue short hair and a scar running from the top of her head, down her face and vanishing beneath her clothes, to appear below the end of her trouser leg, running to the bottom of her left foot, which currently is stamping on the air in front of one of the four eternal cherry bushes at the corners of the garden, causing a gust of wind that carries her in a quadruple somersault out of the path of the weapon being swung around like a winning lottery ticket, and also pushing the majority of the plant out of harms way at the same time.
She lands and ducks the return swing just as the woman in blue, who you recognize as your other aunt Xifeng by her turquoise hair and bright blue eyes leaps over it, gliding on an open umbrella towards the 'safety' of the pillared arcade at the back-right corner of the courtyard. She turns as she floats, opening her second bright-blue and red umbrella at the monster just as a bolt of lightning slams down from the sky to hit her upper umbrella, passing through her body to blast out of the second parasol along with a storm of ice and wind, all of which the beast simply sidesteps by blurring out of the way with astonishing speed,  before speeding towards her with weapon drawn back to strike again [a movement which Qi had to dodge by bending over backwards almost to the ground].
From all the blood being flung around at every swing of that rake you can guess what took care of the blood apes earlier, but of more pressing concern are the dematerialized demons standing, sitting and squatting on the rooftops surrounding the courtyard, they haven't seen you yet, standing as you are just inside the entrance, but are watching the fight rather single-mindedly. Among the unclean spirits you see a chernobaal, three erymanthoi, a tomescu whirling overhead and, most curiously, standing apart from the others and about fifty feet higher up the roof than them, a material figure clad in black from head to toe and surrounded by a pack of what look like emaciated, dematerialized neomah clutching wicked looking spears.
Judging from how the other three groups of demons [aside from the ones standing aside] are each on a different side of the courtyard, the chernobaal to your left, the tomescu to your right and the erymanthoi in front of you, so you guess there must be a fourth group on the roof above you. There's a large cherry bush at each corner of the courtyard that could give you SOME cover from prying eyes, and you can see another three entrances to the courtyard; one on each side.
You've got a pair of dragon blooded fighting a monster in front of you, a mortal and an elemental behind you, and no way to speak without vomiting cloth.
So.

What's the plan Lifen?
« Last Edit: January 14, 2019, 12:34:14 AM by GeeBeezy »

ジャガイモはセクシーで

Panzercrappitastica

« Reply #1969 on: January 14, 2019, 03:48:59 AM »

Say hi to my aunties and use the resulting cloth to grab the figure in black by the neck
Purple-handed peep Volger with a flash tattoo hoverboarding around the Lynx in the blue hour with adreneline coursing through his penguins while failing to own the sunset! In a hoop skirt.

- Catvomitsky

GeeBeezy

« Reply #1970 on: January 17, 2019, 05:43:35 PM »

OKAY do you wanna attack it from the front or sneak up behind it?

ジャガイモはセクシーで

Panzercrappitastica

« Reply #1971 on: January 17, 2019, 06:10:12 PM »

Sneak
Cause I’m a NINJA

- Catvomitsky

GeeBeezy

« Reply #1972 on: January 21, 2019, 03:09:17 PM »

OKEY DOKES but, let's let one of the others roll, cause, it has been, years. We have left them behind. Abandoned them.

Roll Dexterity 5 + Stealth 5 + Stunt 2 = 12 d10 http://www.roll-dice-online.com/

STEALTH CHARMS:

FIRST STEALTH EXCELLENCY:
Cost: 1-5 motes
Duration: 1 roll
Effect: Every mote you spend on this charm adds 1 dice to the roll.

SECOND STEALTH EXCELLENCY:
Cost: 2-4 motes
Duration: 1 roll
Effect: Every 2 motes spent on this charm adds a single success to the roll [note, these successes add to the dice limit of 5 imposed on excellencies, counting as 2 dice each.]

DISTRACTING BREEZE MEDITATION:
Cost: 1 mote per penalty
Duration: 1 scene
Effect: A master infiltrator does not trust blindly on her luck or skill, but always attempts to set circumstances to favor her. The Children of Mela are unsurpassed spies because the wind itself is their ally. This Charm creates small gusts of winds at strategic moments to distract sentries and onlookers. This may manifest in many ways: as annoying whistling sounds, gusts that blow out candles, or a sudden gust of chilling wind, for instance, but is always a non-damaging environmental effect.
For each mote spent, one opponent suffers a —1 external penalty on any attempts to notice the character. These penalties stack, but may not exceed the Exalt’s permanent Essence rating[3] against any particular opponent. For example, an Essence 2 Dragon-Blooded may impose a —2 penalty to two scouts for 4m, but could not impose a —4 penalty on one opponent.
The Dragon-Blooded does not need to be aware of observers to use this Charm; it automatically targets those observers closest to the Exalt first. The wind is also fairly selective of its targets; onlookers that the Exalt would not care to hide from (such as a cricket on the wall) would not be affected, but guard dogs or a hidden sentry would be affected.

FEELING THE AIR TECHNIQUE:
Cost: 3 motes
Duration: 1 scene
Effect: To the Children of Mela, every subtle breeze carries insight into the territory it crosses. The Dragon-Blood can perceive his immediate environment by reading minute eddies and currents in the air. In this manner, he may retain total spatial awareness even in complete darkness. He cannot read or observe color, but he can move freely, and he reduces blind-fighting penalties by half.

If a Dragon-Blood suffers a Crippling injury that blinds him completely, duration increases to Indefinite and cost becomes 0m.

DRAGON SHROUD TECHNIQUE:
Cost: 3+motes 1wp
Duration: One scene
The wind is not seen, but can only be detected through its effects on others. With this Charm, the Dragon-Blood can bend light around himself to conceal his presence. The Exalt is not totally invisible at first, but can be detected as only a hazy blur. The Charm also muffles sound, masks scent, conceals body heat and generally protects against most forms of detection. Mechanically, the Dragon-Blood’s identity is completely concealed by the blur, and every three motes spent adds one automatic success to Stealth-related rolls. However, the Charm does not actively conceal the character’s passage, and he can be tracked normally unless Trackless Passage Style or other Charms are brought to bear.

THROWN CHARMS:

WHIRLWIND SHIELD FORM
Cost: 3m + 1m per ally protected
The flawless skill of the Dragon-Blooded can even allow them to knock arrows and daggers from the air with a well-placed throw. The Exalt using this Charm can deflect ranged attacks aimed at himself or at allies at a cost of three motes plus one mote per each ally protected. While the Charm is in effect, the Dragon-Blood’s Essence is automatically subtracted from any ranged attack dice pools rolled against her or her allies, in addition to the normal effects of Dodge or Parry. The Essence spent is committed for the duration of the Charm. This Charm does not require any actual weapons. Instead, the Whirlwind Shield is formed from the air itself, and any allies who are to be protected must be within (the Exalt’s Essence) yards in order for the Dragon-Blood to shield them.
[Activate this charm to remove 3 dice from all enemy ranged attacks against yourself or nearby allies for the rest of the fight]

ELEMENTAL ARMOR TECHNIQUE
Cost: 1m or 2m per 1B/1L of soak, 1 wp
The Dragon-Blood surrounds himself with a spinning vortex of material composed of his affinity element. Each mote of Essence spent adds 1L and 1B to the Dragon-Blood’s soak, and the character can spend up to a number of motes equal to his dots in Thrown. The mystical armor is fully compatible with normal armor. The armor also has special additional effects based on the Dragon-Blood’s aspect:
Air armor consists of a swirling mass of ice crystals that buffet away ranged attacks, adding half the Dragon-Blood’s Essence to his soak against ranged attacks.
[Activate this charm and declare the number of motes you want to spend [up to 5] to add that much bashing and lethal soak against all attacks for the rest of the scene]

ESSENCE:

Personal: 13/13
Peripheral: 33/33

WILLPOWER: 8/8
« Last Edit: January 21, 2019, 03:23:07 PM by GeeBeezy »

ジャガイモはセクシーで

Pages: 1 ... 130 131 [132]