Scott Westerfeld Forum

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 129

Author Topic: Punch ups and punch lines and shipping [oh my]  (Read 30531 times)

Panzercrappitastica

• Westerforum Resident Exalt
Re: Journey to the East: Exalted Choose your own Adventure
« Reply #30 on: February 09, 2015, 02:29:25 PM »

Oooh, cool! :D
Purple-handed peep Volger with a flash tattoo hoverboarding around the Lynx in the blue hour with adreneline coursing through his penguins while failing to own the sunset! In a hoop skirt.

Pan the Imperial Bucket Holder

"Early to bed, early to rise, early to plan the world's demise"
- Catvomitsky

Gentlebiscuit

« Reply #31 on: February 09, 2015, 02:42:00 PM »

Okay then. MAN I need to get my act together. Anyway, you have the first two moves for each martial art, Jade mountain style can only be used with bare hands [or hammers, but we don't have one] but Ill lily can be used with anything made of wood. Now, let me explain how combat works.

You have three health pools, bashing health, lethal health, and aggravated health.
Bashing refers to basic impact damage, like a falling brick, a hammer blow, or a mountain punching you.
Lethal refers to damage such as swords, axes and lava.
Aggravated damage is basically anything that doesn't fall into the other two categories, like eating a grenade would cause lethal and aggravated damage. When your bashing health is empty your lethal begins to fall, when you run out of lethal you're incapacitated. If you run out of aggravated damage you are also incapacitated, but it's hard to deal aggravated damage so there's very little chance of that happening.
Essence is just what you use to do magic.
Here is your health stats.

BASHING:
LETHAL:
AGGRAVATED:
ESSENCE:

And your damage:
Fist: 2
Staff: 3

Your moves:

ILL LILY:

VEINS OF WOOD: By spending four essence you can cause a wooden object which you have contact with to become poisoned, dealing damage over time.
STEM, BRANCH AND LOG APPROACH: By spending ten essence you can use any wooden objects you can lift as weapons for the rest of the scene. [E.g. you can throw twigs or leaves with the force of throwing knives to deal lethal damage, use a table to deal bashing damage, etc]

JADE MOUNTAIN:

BOULDER CRUSHING GRASP: You spend ten essence to rush forward for up to twenty meters and catch an enemy in a grapple. Grappling immobilizes an enemy and deals bashing damage every turn. This move charges your arms with the weight of boulders so that you can deal lethal damage.
SLIDING GLACIER GRIP: If an enemy rolls to successfully escape your grapple, you can spend ten essence to keep them pinned.

EDIT: I forgot something... Again >.<

You also have the first two Earth Aspect exclusive charms. Charms are basically what set the exalted apart from mortals, they're kind of like superpowers that you naturally learn as you grow in power, as opposed to the abilities you get from supernatural martial arts, which are like man made charms.

EARTH ASPECT CHARMS:

ARTILLERY CRAFTING FOOTSTEPS: If you spend ten essence then for the rest of the scene you can replace your regular attacks with long range stone projectiles. Maximum range is 30 meters, each deals 2 bashing damage.
MOUNTAIN OUT OF MOLEHILL ASCENT: By spending five essence you can raise a pillar of earth beneath your feet with enough force to throw you up to 30 meters in any direction.

Let me know if you have any questions :]

CHAPTER 1:

BATHING DRAGONS

You climb out of bed, the sun has yet to rise but already the monks are ringing bells in the manse above. You lean forward and catch yourself on your hands an inch before you strike the floor. You press off with a quick flex of your toes and raise yourself into a handstand.
You begin to do push ups, pumping blood to your brain, limbering your drowsy muscles.
You're scared, you'd be lying if you said that you weren't.
Today you fight him.
You hear a knock on your door. You lean backwards and bounce to your feet with a quick handspring. You are pleased to notice that you aren't even breathing heavily.
Exaltation takes a lot of getting used to, but you must admit that the enhanced stamina can be quite useful.
"Come in." You say.
Masters Bingwen and Bai open the door.
"Are you ready?" They ask.
You grab your staff and rest it on your shoulder. You bow to them.
"I am now."
As the three of you walk through the manse you catch a glimpse of yourself in a screen of polished bronze.
You see-?

1: A young man
2: A young woman

With-?

1: Black hair
2: Brown hair
3: No hair
4: Red hair

And-?

1: Caucasian features
2: Mongoloid features
3: Negroid features

And-?

1: A slight build
2: A moderate build
3: A muscular build
« Last Edit: August 30, 2015, 03:43:44 PM by GentlemanBesly »

Hiss.

Panzercrappitastica

« Reply #32 on: February 09, 2015, 02:53:01 PM »

Cooool :D
Purple-handed peep Volger with a flash tattoo hoverboarding around the Lynx in the blue hour with adreneline coursing through his penguins while failing to own the sunset! In a hoop skirt.

- Catvomitsky

Gentlebiscuit

« Reply #33 on: February 09, 2015, 02:57:00 PM »

lol, thanks! I added some questions to it btw, I kinda forgot to do that the first time. Doh!

Hiss.

Panzercrappitastica

« Reply #34 on: February 09, 2015, 02:59:55 PM »

2, 1, 2, 1

- Catvomitsky

Gentlebiscuit

« Last Edit: October 06, 2016, 01:08:49 PM by GentlemanBesly »

Hiss.

GreyCaboose

• lIKE ZOINKS SCOOB
« Reply #36 on: February 10, 2015, 12:10:43 AM »

Um....2,4,3, and 2.
pull the trigger, piglet,

Gentlebiscuit

« Reply #37 on: February 10, 2015, 07:12:28 AM »

[Tie breaker?]

Hiss.

Gentlebiscuit

« Reply #38 on: February 10, 2015, 01:26:55 PM »

Okay then, you at least agree on the character being female then. For the middle ground between black and red, how about auburn? You guys are still going to have to figure out if you want negroid or mongoloid features, but as for build, how about you start off slight and bulk up?
If you guys are okay with this then just vote;

1 for Asian
2 for black
« Last Edit: June 04, 2016, 11:07:26 PM by GentlemanBesly »

Hiss.

Panzercrappitastica

« Reply #39 on: February 10, 2015, 01:30:20 PM »

I'm really fine either way there, so I'll let Cabbie choose if they want.

- Catvomitsky

Gentlebiscuit

« Reply #40 on: February 10, 2015, 01:34:22 PM »

Okay then. Either one would fit too. The location you're on is the blessed isle.

http://www.theredepic.com/Web%20Images%202/Pieces/Exalted%20World%20Map%201%2085dpi.jpg

There are five directions in creation, each corresponds to an elemental pole. The blessed isle is straight on top of the pole of Earth. Each pole influences peoples appearance if they're born there. In the case of Earth, the most common appearance is pseudo-Chinese. Although if people are born in a location with seriously high elemental essence then their hair color often turns out wrong, like people from the east often end up with green hair, people from the west with blue etc.
« Last Edit: June 04, 2016, 11:10:30 PM by GentlemanBesly »

Hiss.

Panzercrappitastica

« Reply #41 on: February 10, 2015, 01:36:49 PM »

The more of this world you show the more it becomes exactly the sort of fantasy style I love. It's awesome and I will probably end up drawing it :D

- Catvomitsky

GreyCaboose

• lIKE ZOINKS SCOOB
« Reply #42 on: February 10, 2015, 01:37:41 PM »

I would want for the character to be 2. Is that okay?
pull the trigger, piglet,

Panzercrappitastica

« Reply #43 on: February 10, 2015, 01:39:50 PM »

Yep, sounds good with me :)

- Catvomitsky

Gentlebiscuit

« Reply #44 on: February 10, 2015, 03:25:32 PM »

The more of this world you show the more it becomes exactly the sort of fantasy style I love. It's awesome and I will probably end up drawing it :D

Trust me, I've only told you the most boring stuff. This is a world where the entire plots of Avatar the last airbender, Avatar with the blue people, Transformers, Naruto, Bleach and dragonball Z could all take place in the same world at the same time without interacting with each other. And if they did, it would make perfect sense within the rules of the game. And that's before the Deathlords, Yozi and fae get involved. At which point you can end up with Davy Jones fighting alongside/against Sauron and Peter Pan.

Also, artifact armor explained better than I ever could;

http://suptg.thisisnotatrueending.com/archive/30451664/images/1393275865677.jpg

Okay then, your character is dark skinned, with red-brown hair and a slight [at present] build.

Your thoughts turn back six months, to the night you exalted.

The pale, cool glow clung to your skin like melted wax.
"I...I'm a-"
Your masters nod. "That kata you've been having so much trouble with?" Master Bai says.
"That was a kata from Jade mountain style." Master Bingwen says.
"No mortal could possibly perform it." Says Bai.
"We knew you would either exalt, or die trying."
"Figuratively, right?" You say.
They look at each other and shrug.

You snap out of it.

There is a wooden gate in front of you. On the other side will be the courtyard where you first exalted. This is going to be a 'friendly' duel. Intended to entertain some visiting dignitaries.
But you aren't naive enough to believe that.
This is a test.
Neither you nor he have been given a mission for the clan since exalting. You've kept your ear to the ground and you're convinced there's a job to be done for an exalt.
And this is how they decide which one of you gets it.
You hear your name called by the herald.

It is?
« Last Edit: February 26, 2015, 04:20:30 PM by GentlemanBesly »

Hiss.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 129