Scott Westerfeld Forum

Pages: [1] 2 3 4

Author Topic: Kaleidoscope Eyes  (Read 2532 times)

GreyCaboose

• lIKE ZOINKS SCOOB
Kaleidoscope Eyes
« on: May 02, 2015, 02:36:00 AM »

Okay, so the idea for this is a bit like the concept of Avatar: The Last Airbender, along with Legends of Korra. Basically, there are four kingdoms. Each kingdom has one of the four raw elements to control. There is an Air Kingdom, Water Kingdom, Fire Kingdom, and Earth Kingdom. Each kingdom is represented not only by their elements, but by a circular pattern respresenting each one. These, due to their unique design resembling what one would see in a kaleidoscope, are called the Kingdom Kaleidoscopes.

FIRE KINGDOM

The Fire Kingdom, contrary to popular belief, is the most peaceful of the four kingdoms. The ones who can control fire take great care in mastering their abilities so to never harm an innocent accidentally. Meditation, tea, and tranquil conversation is a very common thing in this land. They are the peacekeepers of the four, and are always there to calm everyone down during the rare occurrences in which discord does begin to flow. Their Kingdom Kaleidoscope represents their fire as much as their heart. They hold their element, their peace, and their loved ones with honor.

WATER KINGDOM

The Water Kingdom is a noble kingdom, very royal. It isn't uncommon for those hailing from this kingdom to believe they're better than the others. After all, people need water to survive. This kingdom is no peacekeeper, in fact, many believe that it was the Water Kingdom who started most of the conflicts between the kingdoms. Their Kingdom Kaleidoscope seems to try and give a sense of humility to them, seeing as it isn't as elaborate as the others. They hold riches and wealth as one of their highest honors.

EARTH KINGDOM

The Earth Kingdom is a humble kingdom. It is not the richest, nor is it the poorest. The people there are pleased with their home, where a long day's work is rewarded by a plentiful harvest. This kingdom is a peacekeeper like the Fire Kingdom, although they do have a very negative view of the Air Kingdom. Their Kingdom Kaleidoscope shows their humility by using dark colors, yet still expresses how they know they're important by making their Kaleidoscope's basic shape resemble a sun. They hold hard work and family as their highest honors.

AIR KINGDOM

The Air Kingdom, though not as rich as the Water Kingdom, is still one of the richer kingdoms in the land. The people hold their element in a high regard, believing it to be one of the most important, if not the single most important. After all, we need air to survive, right? The Air Kingdom, although somewhat vain, still is home to many good people with good intentions. They don't view the Earth Kingdom in the best light, and seem to see them as all uncivilized fools. They hold their element and their people as its' highest honors.

The people in each kingdom get along as best they can, and every year they hold a Festival of Unity to celebrate the peace among them. Each year, the festival is held in one of the four kingdoms. This year, it's being held in the Air Kingdom. What could possibly go wrong?

NOTE: Not all people can control their elements!!! Only half of the population in each kingdom is capable of doing so. They're marked by the unique kaleidoscope-esque patterns in their irises. They're known as Kaleidoscope Eyes. (These don't change color, they're not rainbow, they're a normal eye color with a not-as-normal eye color together forming a kaleidoscopic pattern.

-Character Sheet-

Name:
Kaleidoscope Eyes? (Yes/No):
Personality:
Appearance:
Other:

Ask before you join, try not to recycle characters, don't use pictures to describe them, try to be original, no god-modding/mary-sueing, and be polite towards others!!
pull the trigger, piglet,

GreyCaboose

• lIKE ZOINKS SCOOB
Re: Kaleidoscope Eyes
« Reply #1 on: May 02, 2015, 02:36:26 AM »

The forum is doing the thing

Panzercrappitastica

• Westerforum Resident Exalt
« Reply #2 on: May 02, 2015, 02:53:12 AM »

Fantasyyyyy and elemental control! Me please? :D
Purple-handed peep Volger with a flash tattoo hoverboarding around the Lynx in the blue hour with adreneline coursing through his penguins while failing to own the sunset! In a hoop skirt.

Pan the Imperial Bucket Holder

"Early to bed, early to rise, early to plan the world's demise"
- Catvomitsky

GreyCaboose

• lIKE ZOINKS SCOOB
« Reply #3 on: May 02, 2015, 02:59:54 AM »

Sue thing!

Panzercrappitastica

« Reply #4 on: May 02, 2015, 03:16:44 AM »

Yesssss :D May I have multiple characters?
Purple-handed peep Volger with a flash tattoo hoverboarding around the Lynx in the blue hour with adreneline coursing through his penguins while failing to own the sunset! In a hoop skirt.

- Catvomitsky

Julia The Bookworm

• There are choices in life, and I take some of them
« Reply #5 on: May 02, 2015, 04:03:20 AM »

May I join?

|ĸιrα|

• bad boyfriend, damn good babysitter
« Reply #6 on: May 02, 2015, 05:19:35 AM »

This sounds awesome! May I join?

I'm stealthy, like a ninja

LunaFairy

• Don`t Blink, Breath, Think, and Don`t Forget
« Reply #7 on: May 02, 2015, 07:09:34 AM »

{Amazing may I join}
I never got my letter from Hogwarts so...
I`m leaveing the Shire to
Chose my Fraction
Study at camp half-blood
Become a Jedi
Win the Hunger Games
MUUUDER
And RUN for my life

GreyCaboose

• lIKE ZOINKS SCOOB
« Reply #8 on: May 02, 2015, 07:09:44 AM »

Yes to all of those!!

Panzercrappitastica

« Reply #9 on: May 02, 2015, 09:11:56 AM »

Yaaaay I'll try to post my characters soon :D

- Catvomitsky

GreyCaboose

• lIKE ZOINKS SCOOB
« Reply #10 on: May 02, 2015, 10:49:35 AM »

Fantastic!

LunaFairy

« Reply #11 on: May 03, 2015, 02:12:18 AM »

{YAY!! ;D Wait if you can controll your powers you have Kaleidoscope Eyes?}
Chose my Fraction
Study at camp half-blood
Become a Jedi
Win the Hunger Games
MUUUDER
And RUN for my life

GreyCaboose

• lIKE ZOINKS SCOOB
« Reply #12 on: May 03, 2015, 04:37:43 AM »

You have Kaleidoscope Eyes if you are capable of controlling your element, yes.

LunaFairy

« Reply #13 on: May 03, 2015, 10:07:05 AM »

{Okay}

Name: Samuel [Samey or Sam]

Kingdom: Water

Kaleidoscope Eyes: Yes

Personality: Loud, Outgoing, and Protective

Appearance: 5"10, Pale, Longish Silver Hair, Blue Shirt, Light Brown Pants, Black Boots

Other: Met his Best Friend Katie at his 2nd festival he was 4

Name: Kaitlin [Katie]

Kingdom: Fire

Kaleidoscope Eyes: No

Personality: Quite, Kind, Makes Friends easily

Appearance: 5"3, Tan, Long Black Hair that is pulled back into a high ponytail, red eyes, Red and Black Dress, Black Boots

Other: Friends with Samey scene she was 3

{is this good?}
Chose my Fraction
Study at camp half-blood
Become a Jedi
Win the Hunger Games
MUUUDER
And RUN for my life

Panzercrappitastica

« Reply #14 on: May 03, 2015, 01:28:18 PM »

Name: Lani
Kingdom: Air
Kaleidoscope Eyes? (Yes/No): Yes
Personality: She is better than everyone else (in her own eyes, of course) and eager to fight anyone who says otherwise. Even when she does care about someone, she often displays that affection in ways that come off as more jerkish than anything else.
Appearance: She is, in a word, tiny. She stands at about 4'9 and has a narrow figure, making her look very fragile (though this is somewhat misleading). She has pale, lightly freckled skin and bright blue eyes. Her brown hair is cut short and sticks up at random all around her head.
Other: Not much of anything

I asked if I could have multiple characters but the other two ideas didn't really go anywhere :P Anyway, is this good? And should she have a last name?

- Catvomitsky
Pages: [1] 2 3 4