Scott Westerfeld Forum

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4

Author Topic: Kaleidoscope Eyes  (Read 2527 times)

Gentlebiscuit

Re: Kaleidoscope Eyes
« Reply #30 on: May 10, 2015, 10:23:19 PM »

[Btw, what is each nations culture most like? Like if you had to compare them to real world countries]

Name: Lees [Pronounced as in 'LISaí] Keel
Kingdom: Earth
Kaleidoscope Eyes? (Yes/No): Yes
Personality: Letís find out
Appearance: Wears his hair in a ponytail, dark skin, quite short, muscular
Other: Nothing right now

Name: Rodin Luprille
Kingdom: Air
Kaleidoscope Eyes? [Yes/No]: Yes
Personality: Letís find out
Appearance: Pale, about 5 Ĺ feet tall, bald. Wears glasses occasionally.
Other: Nothing yet
« Last Edit: December 04, 2016, 01:50:21 PM by GentlemanBesly »

Hiss.

GreyCaboose

• lIKE ZOINKS SCOOB
« Reply #31 on: May 11, 2015, 10:55:23 PM »

(Well, they all have a very similar culture that is hard to compare really to other countries. I guess a bit like a mix of Medieval+Victorian+Modern England, Medieval China(?), and Ancient Scandinavia. Here, one second.

THEY ALL SHARE:

• A strong sense of honor
  • A Kingdom Kaleidoscope which they feel shows off their culture and ways in their respective Kingdoms
  • A love of music and the arts (Some more than others)
  • And GENDER EQUALITY. I DON'T CARE IF IT'S MODELED AFTER ANCIENT KINGDOMS AND PEOPLE, ALL OF THE KINGDOMS AND MOST OF THE PEOPLE IN THE KINGDOMS BELIEVE ALL GENDERS ARE EQUAL.
  • Most of them also do not judge based on sexuality, because it doesn't matter and there are just as many non-straight people as there are straight people so why the fuck would you get mad over something like this it doesn't effect you at all people love who they love it's a thing

Culture Traits UNIQUE To A Single Kingdom:

FIRE KINGDOM

• Peace is a very, very strong thing to them and they would go to extreme lengths to maintain it and avoid war
  • Often, when one begins showing signs of having Kaleidoscope Eyes and being able to control the elements, they are sent to train with the elders every other month.
  • Tea and cakes are probably like the best in that kingdom
  • Theatre is probably the most-loved pasttime
  • Their mythology focuses around heroic goddesses forging the Earth in fire and the other elements and creating humans from lava. The main goddess is Rav, who created most of the world and humans and gave the first human the flame of life.

WATER KINGDOM

• You cannot have peace without war, and battle is an important thing that gets into extreme depth in schools and conversation.
  • This kingdom is more likely to house the idiots who still don't believe in equality for all (Hating women and non-straight/non-cisgendered people)
  • They actually serve pretty good fish dishes, and fish is one of their number-one exports. They've gotten so much money from fish, so it's become a positive symbol to them. Much of their legends & myths revolve around some kind of magical fish or sea creature
  • The most-loved pasttime is probably boating on calm waters or fishing

EARTH KINGDOM

• Work hard or get nothing. Basically, if you're caught slacking off or being a dumbass you might not get as much food or water as the others get
  • The sun is very important, and during an eclipse or a rainy day they often do not work but stay indoors until the sun is out again.
  • Alchohol's a very looked-down upon thing to consume, so if you feel you want a beer prepare for dirty glances. Most people in the Earth Kingdom acknowledge that the only reason there are even liquor stores in the area is to test the will of the people.
  • Typically, the only animals the Earth Kingdom likes are livestock animals. Other animals are usually just seen as pests.

AIR KINGDOM

• The spirits are like in control of everything here don't worry bruh something bad happens you probably pissed off a ghost. The dead has a lot of respect from the Air Kingdom, and are often held in high regard and believed to play a key role in determining the future for the living.
  • Music is so very important. They have a variety of string, drum, and wind instruments they invented themselves.
  • Often times, not only are spirits or the dead believed to be magic, but so are other animals like wolves or bears. Some believe that they're the spirits choosing another living form, some believe they simply have magic within them.
  • Don't work too hard, bruh. Chillax, it's all cool.

There. Poof. Culture. Phew!
pull the trigger, piglet,

Gentlebiscuit

« Reply #32 on: May 12, 2015, 07:50:36 AM »

Noice

Hiss.

GreyCaboose

• lIKE ZOINKS SCOOB
« Reply #33 on: May 12, 2015, 10:32:14 AM »

Good to know you like them!

Panzercrappitastica

• Westerforum Resident Exalt
« Reply #34 on: May 12, 2015, 10:43:51 AM »

Coolness :D
Purple-handed peep Volger with a flash tattoo hoverboarding around the Lynx in the blue hour with adreneline coursing through his penguins while failing to own the sunset! In a hoop skirt.

Pan the Imperial Bucket Holder

"Early to bed, early to rise, early to plan the world's demise"
- Catvomitsky

LunaFairy

• Don`t Blink, Breath, Think, and Don`t Forget
« Reply #35 on: May 13, 2015, 04:23:07 AM »

{YAY Culture  : ]  }
I never got my letter from Hogwarts so...
I`m leaveing the Shire to
Chose my Fraction
Study at camp half-blood
Become a Jedi
Win the Hunger Games
MUUUDER
And RUN for my life

GreyCaboose

• lIKE ZOINKS SCOOB
« Reply #36 on: May 27, 2015, 12:56:17 AM »

Alright. I am starting this!!

Lytho silently walked through the loud streets of the festival, not feeling very festive. People danced and laughed and sang and held lengthy conversation, but Lytho just wanted to go home. He crossed his arms nervously and leaned against a stand selling fruit from the Earth Kingdom. "I wonder where mother went..." He muttered, having been separated from his parents a little while ago when the festival began.

Charee happily danced alongside a few merry performers from the Water Kingdom, laughing and singing along with the unique music made by the unique instruments hailing from the land the performers came from. Though she didn't recognize the language the song was sang in, she happily sang along to the recurring verses.

Mirou sat on a barrel next to a stand from the Fire Kingdom selling tea leaves. He was incredibly bored, having bought something from all the stands he had been to and having befriended several people from the other lands. He had wasted his time and was now incredibly bored. At a festival! How utterly ironic...If that was the right word.

LunaFairy

« Reply #37 on: May 27, 2015, 06:54:32 AM »

Sam and Katie were searching for each other and bumped into an air bender who didn't seam to be liking the festival
Chose my Fraction
Study at camp half-blood
Become a Jedi
Win the Hunger Games
MUUUDER
And RUN for my life

Panzercrappitastica

• Westerforum Resident Exalt
« Reply #38 on: May 27, 2015, 09:22:43 AM »

Lani was quite enjoying herself at the festival. Some of the people here had a fair amount of talent. Not as much as her, of course, but talent all the same.
Purple-handed peep Volger with a flash tattoo hoverboarding around the Lynx in the blue hour with adreneline coursing through his penguins while failing to own the sunset! In a hoop skirt.

Pan the Imperial Bucket Holder

"Early to bed, early to rise, early to plan the world's demise"
- Catvomitsky

GreyCaboose

• lIKE ZOINKS SCOOB
« Reply #39 on: May 27, 2015, 10:05:23 AM »

Lytho yelped as he was bumped into by two unfamiliar people. "Veress!" He cried, using the Native Air Kingdom Tongue. He looked around hurriedly and stumbled, falling to the ground.

Charee danced and sang louder to the music, her voice becoming slightly obnoxious as it reached levels it couldn't reach and the strain was easy to hear. "Oh, Alla Alla Axenmorgen!" She shrieked alongside the melodious voices of the Water Kingdom performers.

(Yeah, each kingdom has their own language. This is a thing I've decided, but they all speak Commontongue (English) during the Festival)

Julia The Bookworm

• There are choices in life, and I take some of them
« Reply #40 on: May 28, 2015, 04:47:37 AM »

Kai was running down the street, chasing after his two year old triplet sisters.

" Hey, guys!  this isn't funny! just curious Sasha, River, Ivy, get back here!"

LunaFairy

« Reply #41 on: May 28, 2015, 11:49:35 AM »

Katie gasped as she fell to the floor and apologized " I`m sorry I was looking for someone and I wasn`t looking where I was going"

Sam was still searching the Festival grounds
Chose my Fraction
Study at camp half-blood
Become a Jedi
Win the Hunger Games
MUUUDER
And RUN for my life

Gentlebiscuit

« Reply #42 on: May 28, 2015, 12:12:55 PM »

Lys stopped by a cart from the fire kingdom selling tea leaves. He assumed a horse stance and raised one arm in a quick, sharp.movement. The earth rose and formed a solid cube a few feet across. He sat down stretched, nodding to a man sitting on a barrel next to him. 'Morning' he said to him.

Hiss.

LunaFairy

« Reply #43 on: July 21, 2015, 03:38:33 AM »

{poof}
Chose my Fraction
Study at camp half-blood
Become a Jedi
Win the Hunger Games
MUUUDER
And RUN for my life

GreyCaboose

• lIKE ZOINKS SCOOB
« Reply #44 on: November 29, 2016, 12:46:03 PM »

Mirou yelped a bit and nearly fell off of his barrel.

"Rkchk!" He cursed in Earth tongue. "Gods, you scared the living daylights out of me! Not cool!" He scolded. Noticing the man's Earth kingdom garb, he raised a brow. "You just as foreign as me here?"

~

Lytho shook his head at the girl and brushed himself off. "It's fine, uh - Just, uh, yknow - Try to watch where you're going and all, next time, please." He held out a hand to her. "Need some help?"

~

Charee noticed a boy running down the street after three small monsters. "Woah, hey." She stopped her dancing and singing - Much to the dismay of the performers and players - And began to chase after the running boy.

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4