Scott Westerfeld Forum

Pages: 1 2 3 [4]

Author Topic: Kaleidoscope Eyes  (Read 2533 times)

GreyCaboose

• lIKE ZOINKS SCOOB
Re: Kaleidoscope Eyes
« Reply #45 on: December 12, 2016, 01:05:40 PM »

Hey, so. Looks like this RP had an attempted revival! Whoops! I may or may not restart this, but hey! I thought a little more about the kingdoms!!

Religion - Every kingdom has their own pantheon and set of Gods and legends here's a few for the Water Kingdom! Be warned: Just as with all mythology, this gets a little weird.
     First there was nothing but water. No earth, no fire, no air. And the creatures living in the water were content the way things were. Until the pesky god Ig (pronounced 'Igg') decided to interfere with the way of the world by stealing land from the realm of the monsters (Kokarsharok, pronounced exactly how it's spelled) and creating the first island. The goddess of the world, Malla, was infuriated by Ig's actions and set out to flood the island (called Rura) with rain. However, Ig had been plotting with the gods Lepu and Min, and they worked together to create the first human - Named Owl. It was against Malla's rules to take life, and so Malla was thwarted yet again. She made Ig swear to never make another island, and waited for the human to die. However, as she waited and as Owl grew older, she grew very fond of him until she was in love. The thought of Owl being alone forever saddened her, so she disguised herself as a bird to visit him as his company. And Owl and Malla got along very well - This infuriated Lepu, who stole fire from Kokarsharok and threw it at Owl, mortally wounding him. Malla knew that only godly magic could save Owl, and so she took off the disguise of a bird and saved Owl's life. However, human eyes are not supposed to see gods (and human ears aren't supposed to hear, and basically a lot of bad things happen if gods unveil their true form and do things to and around mortals in this form), and so Owl became blind - And Malla couldn't heal injuries from gazing upon a god. Knowing that a goddess and a human could never be together, Malla left Rura to keep Owl safe. However, seeing Owl alone once more saddened her greatly, so she blessed an eel to become human and enter Rura to keep Owl company - This human's name was Yete, and her and Owl had many children - Legendary heroes Rul, Alla, Mokka, Torsk, and Yven, just to name a few. And soon Rura wasn't big enough for the family, so Malla begged Ig to add onto the land so that Owl's offspring could thrive, and so Ig did. And soon Owl died and Malla took his spirit before it could go to the land of peaceful spirits (Folfatagol) and seated him alongside her in the realm of the gods (Malolinu), where he now judges who passes on to the paradise Folfatagol and who suffers in the abyss (Lokamalok).
Other little Water mythos things include: Ig being the reason nothing on Earth can live forever, Lepu taking the form of a very handsome human and impregnating Owl's daughter Mokka to create the first Kaleider, who could control all the elements and was named Folokepa - She ended up being cut into four pieces by her angry uncle Torsk. Those four pieces were thrown into the ocean by Folokepa's mother/father Lepu and they grew into four different people - Fo (who controlled water), Lo (Who controlled fire), Ke (who controlled air) and Pa (who controlled earth). Fo and Ke saved Lo and Pa and they went about their merry way (Lo married Torsk, Pa created the first mountains, Fo ended up impregnating Lepu [total Oedipus situation, zoinks], who birthed the goddess of love Zela and the goddess of the moon Sula [who is also for some reason a fish], and Ke stole the sun from the sky, married it, had 15 babies with it, and then put it back. Yikes). There's also the time Ig disguised himself as a woman in order to seduce the hero Varg (son of Fo and - Well, they never specify the other parent. Hopefully not Lepu), and Ig and Varg end up falling madly in love and have like, a billion children (including the god of earthquakes [Tor], the world's first cow, the ruler of Kokarsharok [Lov], the great hero Heldin [who ends up getting it on with Lepu and Sula - Seriously what is it with Water kingdom and all these creepiness - and making the supposed first rulers of the Water kingdom], and many many many more) and then Ig pulls a total Malla and makes Varg a god so they can be together forever, and Varg and Ig are actually married and its really ironic the Water kingdom is so conservative when their god of the Earth literally married another dude and has a million babies (quite literally, it's described in the books as 'And so from Varg's [love] and Ig's womb came many children - Eventually a million, almost' and Im gonna end it there because you all DON'T need to hear about Varg and Ig's 1 Million-Kid Celebration [hint: more kids]. And speaking of kids, after the sun had 15 of them, they decided enough is enough and pretty much ripped out their ovaries and threw them onto a mountain and that's how lava and the first volcano happened - Although I guess they got something else and changed their mind because shortly aftereards the sun and Sula had twins! Ulse and Esla, the sunset and sunrise, respectively. And then while all this is going on Mom's all up in the sky like "I've done a really good job of keeping to myself this whole time, I'm a pretty cool person -"
Knock knock.
Dic's coming.
You remember those 15 sun children? He's the youngest. And hes all up in the forest all like "Haha I invented the violin and know how to read" and Min's like "omg sexy"
And that's how butterflies were made. And some of them turned into people, I guess - And those people joined Ke (the air control dude) and controlled the air and stuff with him, starting the Air Kingdom.
The rest of the Water Kingdom's mythology is pretty much the same, with a lot of weird babies and stuff. Here's a list of main gods!
Malla - The goddess of the sea, and of life itself.
Ig - The trickster god of Earth and deceit (plus one of the fertility gods, hes the one you pray to when you want a big family)
Lepu - The goddess of fire, passion, and revenge (plus one of the fertility gods)
Min - The goddess of the air, wind, and sky. She also made butterflies so yeah that too.
Sula - The fish goddess of the night and the moon. (Plus one of the fertility gods - Pray to her if you want twins or help hiding an affair)
Zela - The goddess of love (Plus one of the fertility gods - Pray to her if you kind of don't want to get pregnant or really do just want to get pregnant.)
Varg - The god of war and victory.
Owl - The god of judgement.

There are others, but those are sort of the main ones.
I'll post the mythology for some other Kingdoms later!
pull the trigger, piglet,

GreyCaboose

• lIKE ZOINKS SCOOB
« Reply #46 on: December 13, 2016, 03:15:35 AM »

An then there's some Earth kingdom mythology!

First there was absolutely nothing. Just. Nothing. The god Orshkg existed in the void and kept it empty until he withered away and his corpse became the earth. And crawling from out of the dirt came two gods: Mennlig, the goddess of the air and Chktrg, the god of fire. Mennlig and Chktrg had a child together - Anlem, the goddess of water, who decided that she wanted her element to be the most widespread. She started to dig to make her oceans the deepest and largest, and soon unearthed and awoke the powerful Garman, the new god of the earth, who had been asleep in the dirt. Garman was disappointed in Anlem's greed and cursed her to remain in her oceans forever, unable to leave to see her parents or pretty much do anything.
And the rest of the world kind of happened - Garman created people and stuff and then made himself a wife, Ekka, who gave people the ability to freaking die and that's why people die and there's a lot more stuff but the Earth kingdom has a lot of local gods as well like, gods and spirits who're just believed in in one area and that gets a lot of stuff mixed up. Pretty much Mennlig, Chktrg, Anlem, Garman, and Ekka are the only 'universal' gods Earth kingdom-wise.
pull the trigger, piglet,

LunaFairy

• Don`t Blink, Breath, Think, and Don`t Forget
« Reply #47 on: September 01, 2017, 03:20:37 AM »

Mirou yelped a bit and nearly fell off of his barrel.

"Rkchk!" He cursed in Earth tongue. "Gods, you scared the living daylights out of me! Not cool!" He scolded. Noticing the man's Earth Kingdom garb, he raised a brow. "You just as foreign as me here?"

~

Lytho shook his head at the girl and brushed himself off. "It's fine, uh - Just, uh, yknow - Try to watch where you're going and all, next time, please." He held out a hand to her. "Need some help?"

~

Charee noticed a boy running down the street after three small monsters. "Woah, hey." She stopped her dancing and singing - Much to the dismay of the performers and players - And began to chase after the running boy.

Katie Smiled and Happily took his hand

Sam is bordering on being lost now

{Are we still gonna do this thing or is it a lost cause now?}
I never got my letter from Hogwarts so...
I`m leaveing the Shire to
Chose my Fraction
Study at camp half-blood
Become a Jedi
Win the Hunger Games
MUUUDER
And RUN for my life
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]