Scott Westerfeld Forum

Author Topic: Sequel???  (Read 2815 times)

WesterfeldObsessed

Sequel???
« on: May 10, 2015, 05:25:10 AM »

Just finished Afterworlds and loved it of course. Has anyone heard anything about if there's going to be a sequel? Im not the only one who wants to read "Untitled Patel" and find out what happens with Darcy & Imogen, right?

Panzercrappitastica

• Westerforum Resident Exalt
Re: Sequel???
« Reply #1 on: May 10, 2015, 05:39:23 AM »

I'm pretty sure there won't be. But I totally would want to read Untitled Patel O^O

Also, welcome to the forum! ;D
Purple-handed peep Volger with a flash tattoo hoverboarding around the Lynx in the blue hour with adreneline coursing through his penguins while failing to own the sunset! In a hoop skirt.

Pan the Imperial Bucket Holder

"Early to bed, early to rise, early to plan the world's demise"
- Catvomitsky

FaerieTigerLilly

« Reply #2 on: May 11, 2015, 08:05:19 PM »

I don't think there's going to be a sequel, but I'm pretty sure Afterworlds was written as a companion novel to a "How to Write YA" book he's working on. So there's always that. :)
Although, I am curious how Darcy would have furthered the tale of Yama and Lizzie-- Scott did a pretty good job at tieing off all of his loose ends.

Straif

• Westerforum's Resident Fabricated Human
« Reply #3 on: September 18, 2015, 08:05:29 AM »

Does it need one, really? Seemed like a solid stand alone...besides, not every book out there needs to have sequels.
Sergeant Marasco, First Squad, Darwin's Fist
Crusher of Clankers, Defender of Darwinism
President For Life and Almighty Darwinist-Tractionist Monarch of the Ballard High Book Club
Resident Halo Fanatic

Julia The Bookworm

• There are choices in life, and I take some of them
« Reply #4 on: September 18, 2015, 08:52:42 AM »

A lot are better without them.

Besides,  Darcy's side of the story seemed done and it would be weird to read Lizzie's sequel without one for Darcy becausetheir stories were innerconnected.
Honestly to me it seems like a lot of authors are making sequels or spin-off series just to make more money lately.

Adisanut

« Reply #5 on: November 20, 2017, 06:20:47 PM »

I love it too, I like it so much for the afterworld.