Scott Westerfeld Forum

Author Topic: What would they be doing now?  (Read 1228 times)

Julia The Bookworm

• There are choices in life, and I take some of them
What would they be doing now?
« on: November 03, 2015, 02:20:03 PM »

After reading the series and thinking about the characters, how at this point the majority of the characters would be in their early to mid twenties now.

What do you think would be going on at this point for them?

What happened during Melissa, Jonathan's, and Dess' road trip? How long did they travel for?
Was Rex ever able to leave Bixby? What's Beth doing now? Does she visit Jessica at midnight? Did Jonathan ever move on from Jessica? Or has he been wallowing for ten years? What do the characters do at midnight now that they don't have to worry about the Darklings? Do they just ignore it now or use the blue hour to finish everyday tasks?

Julia The Bookworm

Re: What would they be doing now?
« Reply #1 on: November 03, 2015, 02:22:17 PM »

The forum was doing that thing.

Ceres

• Orangé Tong
« Reply #2 on: December 23, 2015, 12:15:59 PM »

I feel like they use the blue hour as time to hang out with each other. As they get older, if any of them decide to move away, to another blue hour area, then I feel like they'd either use the blue hour to stay awake and enjoy some alone time, maybe exercising their powers and reminiscing about old times. And when work/school is extra busy they can use it for extra sleep, I know I would ::)

I think Jonathan would move on from Jess after awhile, and would be the first of the Midnighters to move away from the town (honestly can't remember the name) and start his own life. I feel like Dess would probably stay around in the town for awhile, even though she could probably get into any college she wants, kind of like Willow in Buffy. But unlike Willow, she already defeated the demons, so she'd probably go and live her life. Probably make a name for herself in theoretical mathematics or physics.

Julia The Bookworm

« Reply #3 on: December 23, 2015, 12:21:22 PM »

It's Bixby, Oklahoma