Scott Westerfeld Forum

Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11

Author Topic: Zeroes Spoiler Thread  (Read 23132 times)

ravenoid-ish

• \_(ツ)_/
Re: Zeroes Spoiler Thread
« Reply #135 on: August 15, 2017, 07:35:56 AM »

yeee. i feel like if it does happen and he tries to sacrifice himself, the other zeroes r just going to stop him. or maybe just save him, idk. kinda ties into another reason why i don't think anyone is actually gonna die by the end, after Swarm everyone is going to be desperate to not lose each other, especially after they get Nate and Anon back, and they'll probably go to extreme lengths to keep that from happening again
BOTTOM TEXT

Catvomitsky

• nothing nkight
« Reply #136 on: August 15, 2017, 07:46:11 AM »

Oh yea, I forgot Ethan was the only dude left since Anon and Nate went MIA. Maybe they won't die, but I feel like Nexus is gonna have some serious consequences for all of them

ravenoid-ish

• \_(ツ)_/
« Reply #137 on: August 15, 2017, 07:55:16 AM »

yeah definetly. everything being fine and dandy by the end would be unrealistic and boring, and also really inconsistent with everything the narrative has been building up to. also, like u said, its YA, and a really dark YA at that, completely happy endings don't exist. personally i don't think anyone has to die to acheive that. my bet is that they're probably going to end up working for the government in a vaguely raw but acceptable deal, because without some incentive to pardon them they really really should all be in superhero jail, like just from a legal standpoint
BOTTOM TEXT

Catvomitsky

• nothing nkight
« Reply #138 on: August 15, 2017, 08:00:11 AM »

That's true, I can see that. But I can also see them having to never use their powers again or face jail time or losing them altogether, which would be a blessing and a curse at the same time, and eyed have to rediscover who they are without their powers

ravenoid-ish

• \_(ツ)_/
« Reply #139 on: August 15, 2017, 08:07:26 AM »

p much my exact feelings on the fact that they could lose their powers. i could definetly see that happening, but i'd also want to know how they'd adjust to the change.... which i might just have to write for myself now that i think about it because the authors sure wont, but we'll see what happens

the other two r likely enough. i just thought of the possibility that the govt might have to them and their families in witness protection or something, which comes uncomfortably close to an "everything is fine and dandy" ending but it's still kinda funny
BOTTOM TEXT

Catvomitsky

• nothing nkight
« Reply #140 on: August 15, 2017, 08:14:00 AM »

If you ever wrote a Zeroes fic I'd love to read it :0

I hope we don't get an "everything is fine and dandy ending", but I would like to see how they adjust to become functioning adults without having to rely on their powers, since it would be flat out irresponsible to use them at this point. But it's also an integral part of them, so I can't really see that happening unless their powers are inhibited or completely gone.

ravenoid-ish

• \_(ツ)_/
« Reply #141 on: August 15, 2017, 08:32:57 AM »

i have a couple of ideas for some but they're all half baked as hell. if i ever do finish one u coulda beta for me if u wanted

yeah thats p much exactly what i think. unless they all somehow figure out how to reign in their powers within the span of Nexus, i don't see them being able to function well in society unless the powers get taken away. which... is not likely to happen at all, unless they get like a Zero Mentor or something
BOTTOM TEXT

Catvomitsky

• nothing nkight
« Reply #142 on: August 15, 2017, 08:46:21 AM »

Yeeee, I relate to the half baked fic ideas tho. I like beta-ing because my only hobbies are overanalyzing fiction, being nit picky, and watching CinemaSins

Okay but a Zero Mentor would be awesome, don't see it happening tho since now of the adults could effectively show them to control their powers since they don't have any, maybe there'll be a sympathetic government agent who will help them tho

ravenoid-ish

• \_(ツ)_/
« Reply #143 on: August 15, 2017, 09:44:56 AM »

bruh you'd be perfect

i was thinking more along the lines of another Zero who miracululously had their shit together, or maybe someone else with knowledge of how the powers actually operate, but having an adult around who isn't oblivious or evil would be rlly great and im totally behind it, so basically another Craig who doesn't get shot this time
BOTTOM TEXT

Catvomitsky

• nothing nkight
« Reply #144 on: August 15, 2017, 09:58:48 AM »

;D

Ooh, that would make more sense, but given how irresponsible all the teenagers in his book are and how little anyone seems to know about anything, that's unlikely imo. And NOOOO don't remind me of the Craig ;-;

ravenoid-ish

• \_(ツ)_/
« Reply #145 on: August 15, 2017, 10:07:27 AM »

that's completely true but i can dream

The Craig will always live on in our memory, don't fight it. along that vein, i really hope that Kelsie's mom is helpful and doesn't turn them in or something when they meet her
BOTTOM TEXT

Catvomitsky

• nothing nkight
« Reply #146 on: September 08, 2017, 09:14:46 AM »

Hey, this is relevant to our recent conversations: as far as Zeroes headcanons go, I always pictured the Craig as Danny Devito (but slightly more intimidating)

ravenoid-ish

• \_(ツ)_/
« Reply #147 on: September 08, 2017, 09:19:55 AM »

lol i did not expect that. always thought that Craig would look more like John Cena, but to each his own i gues
BOTTOM TEXT

churchenbells

« Reply #148 on: September 08, 2017, 09:28:59 AM »

Danny Devito's head on John Cena's body.

ravenoid-ish

• \_(ツ)_/
« Reply #149 on: September 08, 2017, 09:33:51 AM »

terrifying, but also a compromise i support whole heartedly. its canon now. its been decided
BOTTOM TEXT
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11