Scott Westerfeld Forum

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 11

Author Topic: Zeroes Spoiler Thread  (Read 17472 times)

ravenoid-ish

• \_(ツ)_/
Re: Zeroes Spoiler Thread
« Reply #60 on: August 01, 2017, 06:57:07 AM »

oh gosh, obvious answer is gryf but now that u've got me thinking about it i really like huff Craig... hmmmm... i think it's gotta be huff

follow up question, which would be better: Craig as Kelsie's supportive head of house as a Gryffindor, or Craig as Ethan's terrifying but supportive head of house as a Hufflepuff
BOTTOM TEXT

Catvomitsky

• nothing nkight
« Reply #61 on: August 01, 2017, 07:13:25 AM »

First one is probs more true to canon, but since we're going for subverting expectations here then Craig as Ethan's terrifying but supportive Hufflepuff head of house >:D

ravenoid-ish

• \_(ツ)_/
« Reply #62 on: August 01, 2017, 07:23:29 AM »

i mean lets be real Craig would be that one aggressivly supportive teacher for everyone regardless of house, but it would be so funny for Ethan to have to interact with him on a fairly regular basis and just be so confused about whether Craig hates him or likes him

and by funny i mean really sad, now i've gone and made myself sad, shit

also pls consider: Nate painfully pretending to like and be interested in Quidditch, and Kelsie REALLY LIKING Quidditch and probably being on the team, so now Nate has to go to every game for the Slytherins and the Gryffindors because... friendship?
« Last Edit: August 01, 2017, 07:26:12 AM by ravenoid-ish »
BOTTOM TEXT

Catvomitsky

• nothing nkight
« Reply #63 on: August 01, 2017, 07:32:31 AM »

Yes, but he'd be so aggressively supportive that everyone's lowkey scared of him, like everyone's one gym teacher from elementary/middle school

Kelsie would have so much fun at a Quidditch game with the energy of the crowd, oh man. And Nate would just be there like -_- but secretly he enjoys himself a little

Also consider: Kelsie being really excited for the Yule Ball because dancing, Ethan wanting to ask her but then Chizara asks first and he's simultaneously relieved and disappointed, Anon inviting him to go with him and Flicker as their guest because friendship but then Ethan awkwardly third wheels the whole night, until Nate (who's also there without a date) shows up and asks Ethan to dance Gdi I just created a whole AU in my head now

ravenoid-ish

• \_(ツ)_/
« Reply #64 on: August 01, 2017, 07:38:44 AM »

no no this is a good thing, first fandom au, i love it, 10/10

although if the Yule Ball is happening, then that must mean that the Triwizard Tournament is happening that year too right? which one of them got accidentally signed up for the tournament as the hogwarts champion???
BOTTOM TEXT

Catvomitsky

• nothing nkight
« Reply #65 on: August 01, 2017, 07:42:05 AM »

I'm proud to be a part of the creation of this first fandom AU, yay! Do they still have their powers in this AU tho?

Ethan of course, is that even a question ::)

ravenoid-ish

• \_(ツ)_/
« Reply #66 on: August 01, 2017, 07:51:47 AM »

i mean their powers r kinda essential to who they r as people, so im gonna say yes, maybe the powers r a fucked up genetic magic, kinda like metamorphmagus, that ~mysteriously~ manifested more in kids who were born in 2000

thats true i suppose, and he has to enlist the other 5 to help becuase he's Hopeless

alright if we're doing this we gotta go this properly with all the in universe racism, so
Pureblood: Nate, Flicker
Halfblood: Ethan (im thinking his dad was a wizard and his mom's a muggle, but his older sister is also a wizard), Chizara although i could also see her as a muggleborn idk
Muggleborn: Kels and Anon cuz their parents r clueless

edit* i suppose having Ethan's mom be the magic one would make more sense, hmmm, feel free to revise the list

edit the second** im getting way too into this
« Last Edit: August 01, 2017, 09:43:47 AM by ravenoid-ish »
BOTTOM TEXT

Catvomitsky

• nothing nkight
« Reply #67 on: August 01, 2017, 08:00:09 AM »

the powers r a fucked up genetic magic that ~mysteriously~ manifested more in kids who were born in the 2000s
This is literally all the explanation we get in canon so good enough for me

That's basically what happened in Zeroes - Ethan gets himself into dangerous situation accidentally, is in over his head, has to enlist the help of the other Zeroes so they can help him not die. Also the plot of Goblet of Fire pretty much.

I agree with that, although I can see Kelsie being a half-blood because her absentee(/dead?) mom could have been killed fighting in whatever they called the first wizard war. Although on the subject of magical classism, would other wizards admire the Zeroes' powers or shun them? If its anything like canon, no one would even know because the adults are so unrealistically clueless in this series dammit

ravenoid-ish

• \_(ツ)_/
« Reply #68 on: August 01, 2017, 08:08:04 AM »

ugh thats true

i like the thing for Kels, and in that case we can switch it around so Ethan's mom is a witch and his dad was a muggle because we can't have that many absentee magic parents running around

i guess the staff of hogwarts would know, and the magic parts of the families (which spells some interesting dynamic changes in Nate's family maybe?), but if the headmaster is anything like Dumbledore then he'd probably wanna keep it under wraps. so the magical public doesn't know, maybe not even the ministry, and if they found out they'd probably be really scared of the kids. Sonia could take a much less dickish Rita Skeeter ish role
BOTTOM TEXT

Catvomitsky

• nothing nkight
« Reply #69 on: August 01, 2017, 08:17:51 AM »

Makes sense, makes sense. Sonia would totally be a Rita Skeeter type, she'd want to get all the dirt on the Triwizard Tournament and why Ethan was mysteriously able to convince the his competitors to not attack him in the middle of the challenges...

Okay but consider: Nate as the leader of Dumbledore's Army

ravenoid-ish

• \_(ツ)_/
« Reply #70 on: August 01, 2017, 08:59:41 AM »

oh god he'd be so bad at it, or at least he would be one of those teachers that get kinda annoyed when u don't pick stuff up immedietly, but he wouldn't show it so on the outside he'd be all fine and good and on the inside he's dying. at some point he just regulates himself to moral support, which he can actually do pretty well with only mild creeper shit happening. plus Nate would actually want to overthrow the ministry of magic.

I feel like Chizara would really like the teaching part tho cuz she's used to younger/less experianced kids, and Ethan can finally put the voice toward something constructive. also maybe the Room of Requirement would act like the faraday cage in Swarm. like the rest of hogwarts got it's act together and has electronic devices now, which isn't so good for Chizara, but the RoR still doesn't let signals in or out

Swarm could be apart of the Inquisitorial Squad, and Flicker and Anon could team up to be the Torment The Inquisitorial Squad Squad like Fred and George did
« Last Edit: August 01, 2017, 09:12:36 AM by ravenoid-ish »
BOTTOM TEXT

Catvomitsky

• nothing nkight
« Reply #71 on: August 02, 2017, 09:09:09 AM »

Omg Nate, if he became a professor instead of going into the ministry his students would be in for one heck of a class XD yeah he'd march right into the ministry and overthrow the government tbh

Yes!! Although I think in the books they mentioned that magic makes technology malfunction

Anon would prank them and they would never even know he was there

ravenoid-ish

• \_(ツ)_/
« Reply #72 on: August 02, 2017, 09:21:00 AM »

Umbridge or whoever: accuses the DA of being a private army
Nate and all the other zeroes: well ur not wrong

i mean u'd think that in the 21st century they'd be a bit less technologically backwards, plus who is Chizara without being plauged by chronic pain? (sorry Chizara)

exactly, Flicker's secret deviousness + Anon's stealth would make the best prankster team in the world, in any universe, and now im kinda disappointed that hasn't happened in canon yet, come on guys ur missing the golden opportunity here

possible plot concept: shady Durmstrang people going after Kelsie and her dad because they had a grudge against her mom in the war
BOTTOM TEXT

ravenoid-ish

• \_(ツ)_/
« Reply #73 on: August 03, 2017, 12:08:16 PM »

doubleposting, oops, bUT HOLY MCFUCERONI THE NEXUS SUMMARY IS OUT ON GOODREADS IM LIVING

uuuhhhh although if u don't wanna be spoiled for any of the plot at all then don't read

https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/26194593-nexus
« Last Edit: August 03, 2017, 12:35:41 PM by ravenoid-ish »
BOTTOM TEXT

Catvomitsky

• nothing nkight
« Reply #74 on: August 04, 2017, 06:47:18 AM »

Umbridge or whoever: accuses the DA of being a private army
Nate and all the other zeroes: well ur not wrong

i mean u'd think that in the 21st century they'd be a bit less technologically backwards, plus who is Chizara without being plauged by chronic pain? (sorry Chizara)

exactly, Flicker's secret deviousness + Anon's stealth would make the best prankster team in the world, in any universe, and now im kinda disappointed that hasn't happened in canon yet, come on guys ur missing the golden opportunity here

possible plot concept: shady Durmstrang people going after Kelsie and her dad because they had a grudge against her mom in the war
On the subject of private armies, imagine what Swarm could do with an army 0_0
And that actually works perfectly because isn't Durmstrang in some ex-Soviet country? And the mobsters in the book were Russian :0

doubleposting, oops, bUT HOLY MCFUCERONI THE NEXUS SUMMARY IS OUT ON GOODREADS IM LIVING

uuuhhhh although if u don't wanna be spoiled for any of the plot at all then don't read

https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/26194593-nexus
DUUUDE I'M SO EXCITED, 3 MORE MONTHS AHH
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 11