Scott Westerfeld Forum

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 11

Author Topic: Zeroes Spoiler Thread  (Read 19865 times)

Catvomitsky

• nothing nkight
Re: Zeroes Spoiler Thread
« Reply #45 on: July 31, 2017, 01:56:11 PM »

Thanks, I submitted it with a whole 4 minutes to spare. Now, onto upload That Zeroes ContentTM

ravenoid-ish

• \_(ツ)_/
« Reply #46 on: August 01, 2017, 03:42:03 AM »

Impressive
BOTTOM TEXT

Catvomitsky

• nothing nkight
« Reply #47 on: August 01, 2017, 04:31:19 AM »

Well I finally posted the moodboards after an hour of trying >.>

Okay but I was thinking about Zeroes last night and you know what's actually so perfect about Nate and Ethan? They both tell you whatever you want to hear - except Nate persuades crowds with glittering generalities, and Ethan persuades individuals with specifics. And the fact that their powers give them persuasive ability, it actually does the reverse and makes people trust them less.

ravenoid-ish

• \_(ツ)_/
« Reply #48 on: August 01, 2017, 04:41:05 AM »

saw it, loved it, a+ aesthetic, worth the hour of loading time imo

thats so true, although what i think is hilarious about Ethan is that he knows no one trusts him, and he also would like to stop doing what he's doing, but he can't for reasons. thats one of the (many) reasons why i love him so much, because he's so terrible and he can't actually stop being terrible unless he gives up his power completely (or goes through a lot of character growth i guess), but he's self aware about exactly how terrible he is... at least most of the time.

nate, on the other hand, is a self deceptive shit and still thinks that what he's doing in for the good of the team or something?. that's the major difference between them, and it would make interactions with them really potentially cool in the future
BOTTOM TEXT

Catvomitsky

• nothing nkight
« Reply #49 on: August 01, 2017, 04:47:31 AM »

Thanks man, since you're like the only other active person in the Zeroes fandom it makes it all worth it

Exactly, which makes me wonder if at the end of the series the kids will still have their powers. But poor Ethan, his very existence screws itself up. And what I like about Ethan and Nate is that one is screws everything up on accident but is really just trying to get by, and one screws everything up on purpose but genuinely means well. And what I like about the potential for their interactions is that they can definitely help balance each other. Ethan can show Nate what a douchecanoe he's being and literally tell him exactly what he needs to hear, while Nate can help Ethan become more comfortable with his powers and learn to "level up" like he did at the end of Swarm.

ravenoid-ish

• \_(ツ)_/
« Reply #50 on: August 01, 2017, 04:59:19 AM »

smallest saddest fandom in the world (actually no, i've been in smaller sadder fandoms, at least i have someone to share my pain this time)

exactly that! they can balance each other out well and help each other grow as people, which would be freaking great for both of them. it actually makes a lot of sense in the context of the book because of the whole "opposites attract" thing going on, and of course from a character development standpoint. of course they could do this by just screaming at each other for a chapter, which i wouldn't be opposed to reading, but it would be super intresting if they also developed into a romantic thing

althought im kinda scared for Ethan when it comes to the leveling up/flipping thing. because like, ok, his powers already screw with him enough, but he's comfortable with them. like the voice has integrated itself as a central part of his personality even tho its kinda bad for him. im worried that flipping the voice, turning it inside out, whatever that would entail, would screw with him even more, at least initially.

actually what do u think about the levelling up thing? because its kinda confusing and i have some Thoughts about it but i also wanna hear ur perspective
« Last Edit: August 01, 2017, 05:02:30 AM by ravenoid-ish »
BOTTOM TEXT

Catvomitsky

• nothing nkight
« Reply #51 on: August 01, 2017, 05:08:18 AM »

Same, small fandoms are the best because they're cozy and it's easy to have your voice heard but on the other hand they're the worst because ZERO CONTENT

Yesss, I've now convinced myself that they will get interaction now. I'm hoping, anyway. And tbh I'm so ready to read them screaming at each other in a big emotional climax. Plus, ships that scream at each other are the best ships

Hm, the flipping thing seems a little inconsistent to me because with Anon and Kelsie it's like they're leveling up, as in the scope of their power increases but the general goal of Thebes power doesn't (if that makes any sense). But with Chizara and Nate, it's like they gain an opposite set of powers. And I'm not sure if either Flicker or Ethan's power lends itself to either one of those options, although it'll be interesting to see where they take that, especially with Ethan. Maybe Ethan's "flip" would be that the voice tells him what other people are thinking, or that the voice can speak to him directly.

ravenoid-ish

• \_(ツ)_/
« Reply #52 on: August 01, 2017, 05:22:13 AM »

yeah those r basically my thoughts, im starting to think that flipping and levelling up r two completely differenct concepts despite the fact that the narrative wants us to believe its the same thing (because honestly fuck the exposition in this series).

like first u got the thing that Chizara and Nate do, flipping, which is actually kinda straightforward, their power inverts and does the opposite of what it usually does. this seems to happen when characters have a lot of Feels. then you have just.... getting more powerful? Swarm and Anon (and Kelsie, almost) do this in book two and it doesn't? actually? make sense? the way Ren talks about it would seem like it's the same thing as flipping but its... really not. where r they going with this? wth?

thats what i was thinking too for Ethans flip powers, but it's possible that it could be really emotionally drastic. In order for Nate to flip he basically has to self induce a mental breakdown, which like, Yikes
BOTTOM TEXT

Catvomitsky

• nothing nkight
« Reply #53 on: August 01, 2017, 05:40:12 AM »

That pretty much sums up my thoughts. And that's why I was thinking that Ethan would flip/level up, because our of everyone there, who's the most likely to have a powers-induced mental breakdown? Well any of them really, but I can totally see it happening to Ethan.

ravenoid-ish

• \_(ツ)_/
« Reply #54 on: August 01, 2017, 05:46:37 AM »

lol yeah nothing conclusive there, but i see what ur saying. it would definetly make sense for that to happen, and tbh i'd mcfucking love it. break the creepy manipulative cutie i guess

.... im kinda embarassed to ask because it's such a fandom cliche, but like, u got any hogwarts headcanons for these assholes?
BOTTOM TEXT

Catvomitsky

• nothing nkight
« Reply #55 on: August 01, 2017, 05:53:01 AM »

Someone's been reading TV Tropes I see :P

give me all the fandom cliches Hmmm...
Nate - Slytherin
Ethan - not sure on this on tbh
Anon - Ravenclaw
Kelsie - Gryffindor
Chizara - Gryffindor? Maybe?
Flicker - Hufflepuff
Swarm - Slytherin
Sonia - Hufflepuff
What do you think?

ravenoid-ish

• \_(ツ)_/
« Reply #56 on: August 01, 2017, 05:59:26 AM »

bit different

Ravenclaw - Flicker, Swarm

Gryffindor - Kelsie, Ren and Davey even tho they don't have too much characterization

Hufflepuff - Anon, Ethan tentativly, Chizara although i could also see her in gryf

Slytherin - Nate, Sonia

y huff for Sonia? not saying its wrong, just curious about the reasoning
BOTTOM TEXT

Catvomitsky

• nothing nkight
« Reply #57 on: August 01, 2017, 06:06:56 AM »

I can see both Ethan and Sonia being Hufflepuff or Slytherin. My reason for Sonia is that while I can definitely see her in Slytherin because of her wiliness and ambition, she seems very happy-go-lucky and she seems more interested in her journalism career just for the sake of it rather than like, Rita Skeeter lmao

Just curious, why Swarm in Ravenclaw?

ravenoid-ish

• \_(ツ)_/
« Reply #58 on: August 01, 2017, 06:16:45 AM »

tru tru

well i could also see him in slytherin, but to me he wasn't motivated by ambition as much as he was just by pure bloodlust, which isn't really the same thing. and however he kept tracking zeroes must have taken a bit of intellect, and there was the whole scheme with the police officers. he seems like the type of villian who's just a batshit nerd. slytherin makes sense for him, but personally ravenclaw!swarm is just more fun
BOTTOM TEXT

Catvomitsky

• nothing nkight
« Reply #59 on: August 01, 2017, 06:49:51 AM »

That's v true, it's always the quiet ones you gotta watch out for.

Also: Hufflepuff or Gryffindor Craig?
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 11