Scott Westerfeld Forum

Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10

Author Topic: Zeroes Spoiler Thread  (Read 1275 times)

Leedle leedle leedle lee

• "That's just a marketing ploy to sell more bees!"
Re: Zeroes Spoiler Thread
« Reply #120 on: August 08, 2017, 04:04:41 PM »

I want to see it but at the same time, I'm not ready.

Yeeee

ravenoid-ish

• \_(ツ)_/
« Reply #121 on: August 08, 2017, 04:10:22 PM »

I mean u have like 9 months to prepare urself

Well for one, school for Chizara is kinda like walking into an iron maiden. She was actually homeschooled during what would have been elementary school because she just Couldn't Handle it when she was that young. Middle school and high school were actually worse because everyone had cellphones then, but she could cope a little better then so she forced herself to go

all my headcanons r boring and mundane along that vein. Although, question, which of the kids liked early Miley Cyrus songs and which of them liked Evanescence
« Last Edit: August 08, 2017, 04:32:11 PM by ravenoid-ish »
(insert something cute/witty/philosophical here)

Leedle leedle leedle lee

« Reply #122 on: August 09, 2017, 01:04:18 AM »

Hm, I like that headcanon. But pls share even the "boring" ones because gotta have That Zeroes Content

Team Miley Cyrus: Kelsie, Flicker, Ethan
Team Evanescence: Anon, Chizara, Nate

ravenoid-ish

• \_(ツ)_/
« Reply #123 on: August 10, 2017, 04:13:03 AM »

lol idk i feel like Flicker and Nate would have switched

boi u have no idea
-Ethan, predictably, is friends with The Anime Kidstm and those people who bring their DS's to school, he blends in well with their particular brands of nerd weirdness, also he takes as many computer classes as he can (AV, Digital Arts, Computer Science) so he can play computer games off a flashdrive when the teacher isn't looking, if anyone ever bothers enough to ask, he has A Lot Of Opinions about Cubeworld
-after the hospital, Thibault started homeschooling himself because he's dedicated and bored, but he'll always be really behind in math becuase no one's ever been around to help him figure it out
-u know that really shitty cloth material that a bunch of women's shirts r made of that falls apart easily but it's really soft? Chizara fucking loves that stuff. she likes soft clothes in general, but she doesn't realize/admit it, it's just nice to have comfy clothes when 90% of your life is pain
-Nate, Flicker, and Ethan are all in the 2018 graduating year, and Chizara, Kels, and Anon are all in the 2019 one, Nate is Offended that Ethan is older then him, but not as Offended as Chizara is that she's the youngest in the group but still the most mature
-Ethan Cooper and the Junior Year of Simultaneous Self Isolation and Extreme Uncharacteristic Extrovertedness
-Kels has started a grand total of five (5) bar fights, her dad did exactly nothning to discourage it and Fig actively took part in 2 of them
-Ethan Cooper and The Time He and Flicker Conspired To Trick Nate Into Watching Ouran Host Club (Tweenage Nate era)
-when Flicker was 10 her cousin stayed in her family's house for the whole summer, the cousin was a complete dick, by the time he left Flicker had dyed half of his clothes pink and got away with it because she is technically blind and no one knew she was capable of such a thing
-Nate is often confused about why people think Flicker is Innocent and Pure, but then he remembers that not many people knew her when she was 10
-Flicker collects friends the same way people collect stamps, not for any nefarious reason she just likes people, she has an army of friends ranging from the theatre people to the chess club people and everyone is vaugly terrified of how likable she is
-Flicker is also the only reason Nate has normal people friends
-Ethan has definetly called Anon Sasuke Uchiha at least once, probably more
-Ethan Cooper and The 2 Months Long Animal Crossing Binge (which only ended once he realized that his town's time was set to 2030 somehow)
-Kelsie was kinda pining for Ling for a little while, but she's like 78% sure Ling is straight so she let it go, and then the whole russian mobster thing happened
-Anon and Nate both like history, Chizara and Ethan like math, Flicker likes language arts but really only because her sister likes language arts, Kelsie is an Athletics kinda gal
-since the series probably maybe takes place in 2017, it's fair to assume that Ethan had a fidget spinner in his pocket for the entirety of the first book and probably most of the 2nd one
-Pro Fidget Spinner: Ethan, Kelsie, The Craig. Anti Fidget Spinner: Nate, Chizara. Fidget Spinner Neutral: Anon, Flicker
-although it's worth noting that, even tho he insists that fidget spinners r stupid, Nate accidentally got himself addicted to them for like a week and he was mad about it, Flicker will literally never let him forget about this fact, never, she'll remind him about That Time He Was Addicted to Fidget Spinners on his deathbed

lol sorry this is such a text wall
« Last Edit: August 10, 2017, 07:26:57 AM by ravenoid-ish »

ravenoid-ish

• \_(ツ)_/
« Reply #124 on: August 10, 2017, 09:31:53 AM »

here have some more that i just remembered, im out of control

-Nate is fluently bilingual and tentativly trilingual because he's that one weirdo who took french in school instead of spanish because he thought learning about the language he already knows would be too boring

-Ethan, professional gamer gremlin, playing animal crossing at 4:45 am. in his villiage it's 1 pm and snowing even tho irl its the middle of summer. his mansion is an unccoordinated clusterfuck except for the basement which has a full set of mushroom furniture. "Fuck off Roscoe you emo furry," he whispers at his screen. these r the first words he's spoken in his real voice for several days.

-you've heard of the Anon/Ethan brotp, but pls consider Anon/Ethan/Kelsie brot3, it definetly starts when Anon and Ethan convince Kels to play Triforce Heroes with them and evolves into Sad Angry Junk Food Gang, most of the time when they're hanging out they gossip, talk shit about people, or vent. ocassionally they play overwatch together and continue to talk shit about the other players. Kels and Ethan r surprised but not too surprised to learn that Anon has a deep and longheld grudge against his 6th grade math teacher and he's been dying to vent about her at length for 5 years. Kels and Ethan also have some shit to get off their chests. in general they're just incredibly salty and it's nice to be able to talk about all of that with each other. they do eat waaaay too much junk food tho, they've been known to finish off 2 tubs of icecream in a night

-all the kids basically had to develop completely new sections of their brain in order to survive/handle their powers, neuroplasticity is nice and all but it's also a little bit of a bitch, if anyone had ever bothered to test any of them their MRI scans would have killed a medical professional because That's Not How Human Brains Should Work

-Chizara Does Not Talk about her brief stint working in retail before she got the job in the fix-it shop, she just doesn't, A) the entire experiance hurt like hell, especially the part where she had to be a cashier, B) people suck, she may or may not have bricked several customer's phones, and no one can legally prove that she was responsible for the blackout that happened one time

-6 year old Chizara wanted to grow up to be a cowgirl, like the actual historical kind, she learned about it when her mom took her to a museum, fell in love with the concept, and was obsessed with wild west stuff for a solid year of her childhood

-Ethan Cooper and The Entirety of His 20s Being A Series of Revelations About How His Complete Lack Of Language Skills From Ages 1-9 Kinda Fucked Him Up From A Developmental Standpoint and Oh God He Should Probably Get Therapy Or Something For This
« Last Edit: August 10, 2017, 09:57:18 AM by ravenoid-ish »

Leedle leedle leedle lee

« Reply #125 on: August 12, 2017, 02:57:36 PM »

I'm sorry it took me 872 years to read and reply to this, but I just want to say that I'm 100% behind these and I love them so much. Personal faves:
  • Ethan, professional gamer gremlin, playing animal crossing at 4:45 am. in his villiage it's 1 pm and snowing even tho irl its the middle of summer. his mansion is an unccoordinated clusterfuck except for the basement which has a full set of mushroom furniture. "Fuck off Roscoe you emo furry," he whispers at his screen. these r the first words he's spoken in his real voice for several days.
  • ocassionally they play overwatch together and continue to talk shit about the other players. Kels and Ethan r surprised but not too surprised to learn that Anon has a deep and longheld grudge against his 6th grade math teacher and he's been dying to vent about her at length for 5 years.
  • Ethan, predictably, is friends with The Anime Kidstm and those people who bring their DS's to school, he blends in well with their particular brands of nerd weirdness, also he takes as many computer classes as he can (AV, Digital Arts, Computer Science) so he can play computer games off a flashdrive when the teacher isn't looking, if anyone ever bothers enough to ask, he has A Lot Of Opinions about Cubeworld

Also, that last one about Ethan and the language skills? Bro I was thinking about that too. That's canon as far as I'm concerned (poor Ethan tho)

ravenoid-ish

• \_(ツ)_/
« Reply #126 on: August 13, 2017, 04:57:22 AM »

Lol s'ok dude, I also enjoy the Gamer Gremlin Ethan headcanons because like, relatable, i have too many of them and they're basically all just projecting myself onto Ethan,
 but it's nice to talk about something Ethan does that he actually enjoys

YES the language skills thing is sooooo fascinating to me, like there's really no actual people to base that on but it's really cool that u can tie p much everything about Ethan back to the fact that he couldn't actually talk for years and a lot of his actions make so much sense when u keep that in mind

edit* love how u can tell which characters r my favorite based on these headcanons, i didn't even try to not be biased. feel free to share ur own hcs if u got em
« Last Edit: August 13, 2017, 05:59:24 AM by ravenoid-ish »

Leedle leedle leedle lee

« Reply #127 on: August 13, 2017, 08:51:52 AM »

Here have some Zeroes headcanons

-Not so much a headcanon as an interpretation but the introverts are Ethan, Chizara, and Anon; the extroverts are Kelsie, Flicker, and Nate
-Anon and Flicker like to go people watching in the park because no one notices Anon and they'd never suspect the "blind" girl
-Anon likes webforums and sites like Omegle because no one can ignore him there. He's a member of lots of forums where he discusses everything from Zen to video games
-The Zeroes have a group chat where they all send each other memes, especially tag yourself memes, which are perfect because there's usually six characters. They're also helpful for remembering Anon.
-Flicker actually likes Sonia's blog and reads it through Ethan and Anon's eyes when they check it when they think no one's looking
-They all regularly have debates about which member of the Avengers/X-Men/Justice League they are
-Chizara has one of those "I'm a burly mechanic" shirts - in a men's medium
-Ethan has considered trying out for theater with the voice just to see how far it goes but is 1) too nervous it would backfire and 2) finds theater kids annoying

ravenoid-ish

• \_(ツ)_/
« Reply #128 on: August 13, 2017, 09:12:06 AM »

bruh, Quality. the theatre thing makes me wonder if the voice can do impressions

lets keep this ball rolling because it's the only thing we have
-Nate is one of those kids who has a color coordinated highlighter system, Flicker would make fun of him for this but it makes things legit easier to read sooooo
-Kelsie needs glasses, but she only realizes it after the series ends when Flicker figures out a polite way to point out that her vision is really bad compared to other people's
-when/if (hopefully when) Chizara gets a handle on her powers so electronics don't hurt as much, Ethan attempts to get her into video games, its doesn't really work but she discovers that she's really good at arcade games since she can kinda read the patterns that the machines r using
-Nate's Weird Stalker Files are simultaneously Creepy and... kinda touching. like sometimes he'll take note of like, ur blood type and the hopsital ur parents were born in, and then other times he'll notice really small stuff and it's kinda cute that he felt it necessary to write down (he also uses his highlighter system in the files)

ravenoid-ish

• \_(ツ)_/
« Reply #129 on: August 13, 2017, 11:36:12 AM »

AND ANOTHER THING im sorry im a dirty double poster but i just remembered A Thing i wanted to bring up

ok so srsly wtf is Swarm's deal? we've already established that nothing in this lore makes any sense ever, but Swarm really doesn't make sense. like first we've got the whole video diary thing that i brought up before, im a little pissed that was never explained but it has to come up somehow in Nexus so whatever (my bet's that it's gonna fall into the FBI's hands). then there's the leveling/flipping debacle. its still unclear if Swarms power is a flip of Kelsie's, or if it's just stronger somehow. then there's the fact that, in canon, Swarm is apparently supposed to be multiple people in one body? like that's actual canon text? w t f does that mean? i think its implied that the people he's killed like? stay with him or something? a la some type of horcrux shit?

...which actually kinda makes sense. Anon got his Nothing powers after killing Swarm, maybe murder is actually how Zeroes get stronger? this series certantly isn't afraid of getting dark and gritty, but idk if they'd go that far. there's a possibility that im misremembering some of Swarm's situation, but its an interesting theory anyway. the two characters with the most potent powers (not necessarily strongest, because Chizara could kill everything, but whatever) r also the two characters who have literally commited homicide. that could be a complete coincidence, but there's exactly no evidence to base any theories whatsoever on so im gonna Reach all i want
« Last Edit: August 13, 2017, 11:52:31 AM by ravenoid-ish »

Leedle leedle leedle lee

« Reply #130 on: August 14, 2017, 09:34:15 AM »

Hmm, interesting theory. Swarm's powers are confusing, but the part about killing making powers stronger definitely holds some water

Nice headcanons, dude. I like the one with Flicker and the bad eyesight. Iiiii don't have anymore atm but I will rack my brain at a later time

ravenoid-ish

• \_(ツ)_/
« Reply #131 on: August 15, 2017, 05:58:27 AM »

yee, the theory still doesn't explain everything about Swarm, but it does mesh well with that we already knew, even if it is dark af and probably isn't true. it could also be that their powers get stronger with intense feelings of guilt, so murder isn't 100% necessary but it definetly facilitates that kinda shit (not that Swarm seemed particularly guilty, but whatever). that could explain why Chizara is such a bamf. there is evidence that the superpowers and how strong they r is tied to the Zero's emotional state, maybe the "holy shit i killed someone" feeling is just the last step in the Zeroes metamorphosis into a creepy superpower god

this theory still sounds exactly like horcruxes and im gonna laugh so hard if it turns out to be true
« Last Edit: August 15, 2017, 06:06:21 AM by ravenoid-ish »

Leedle leedle leedle lee

« Reply #132 on: August 15, 2017, 07:05:26 AM »

Yeah, not sure if I want it to be true or not :P I feel like rage opens up the darker side of their powers tho, that's just a general trope of having superpowers

Also I had a dream that Ethan tried to use the Voice to talk someone out of sacrificing themself for him and then they were like "no...I want the last words I hear from you to be real" and why can I kinda see that happening

ravenoid-ish

• \_(ツ)_/
« Reply #133 on: August 15, 2017, 07:24:08 AM »

its definetly weird and unlikely to happen, i just enjoy overthinking things

that absolutely sounds like something that could conceivably happen... i do not want that to happen because it will destroy me, but its something i could see. although if anyone (other then Nate, hes already gotten his turn) is to make a big sacificial gesture like that in Nexus, i think that Ethan's the most likely one to do so. Ethan or Kelsie.
« Last Edit: August 15, 2017, 07:28:00 AM by ravenoid-ish »

Leedle leedle leedle lee

« Reply #134 on: August 15, 2017, 07:29:43 AM »

I feel Ethan is more likely, since he has more guilt and Kelsie already had a Crowning Moment of Awesome. I kinda want it to happen but I also don't.
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10