Scott Westerfeld Forum

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 7

Author Topic: Elementary  (Read 3251 times)

GreyCaboose

• lIKE ZOINKS SCOOB
Elementary
« on: January 26, 2016, 05:47:35 AM »

HA???? GET IT?????

ELEMENT-ARY

ELEMENTS

THIS RPS LIKE ABOUT THE ELEMENTS IN THE SCIENTIFIC TABLE

YA GET IT????

YEA?????

HEHHE?????

H E h

h eh

eh

okay

Basically, in order to help me get back in the whole RPing gig after a bout of Writer's Block, I've made a new RP. Hopefully this won't die, because this is a good idea.

It's sort of like Songbirds from Salem, except nothing like that at all. Or everything like that, just a little more scientific?? Yeaaa

Okay.

Basically, all the elements are humans. Or the closest thing to them.

'humanum Elementum' are an incredibly rare subspecies of human who somehow (i dunno how to explain this part) are more chemical than human, yet still walk around and breathe and communicate and reproduce (humanum Elementum cannot reproduce with other humanum Elementum, and cannot pass down the Elementum traits into their offspring.) The first humanum Elementum was recorded in 1671, when Nita Sherry spontaneously set herself on fire and was somehow entirely unharmed (she was later recorded to be the first Elementum, carrying the element of Hydrogen. Reasons for her combustion are still being researched.). Since then, humanum Elementum became more and more occuring (albeit still being rare). Oddly, as soon as one Elementum dies, another is born carrying their element. There are 118 recorded types of elements found prominent in human Elementum (neon, hydrogen, xenon, etc)

Okay, gotta go now, but ask to join and I'll post the card later!
pull the trigger, piglet,

GreyCaboose

• lIKE ZOINKS SCOOB
Re: Elementary
« Reply #1 on: January 26, 2016, 05:48:09 AM »

forum glitch thing nyehhh

Panzercrappitastica

• Westerforum Resident Exalt
« Reply #2 on: January 26, 2016, 06:04:44 AM »

Can I? Can I can I can I? O^O
Purple-handed peep Volger with a flash tattoo hoverboarding around the Lynx in the blue hour with adreneline coursing through his penguins while failing to own the sunset! In a hoop skirt.

Pan the Imperial Bucket Holder

"Early to bed, early to rise, early to plan the world's demise"
- Catvomitsky

BlueberryDoughnut

• Knife Wife, Keeper of the Holy Bun
« Reply #3 on: January 26, 2016, 06:16:13 AM »

Can I join?
"We are not drawn to God by iron chains, but by sweet attractions and holy inspirations."
      ~ St. Francis de Sales

"God can write straight with crooked lines. We just have to let Him in."
      ~ Fr. Mike Schmitz

"Love is a losing game...one I wish I never played..."
       ~ Amy Winehouse

holywalrus2

• Villain, I have done thy mother
« Reply #4 on: January 26, 2016, 06:37:37 AM »

Can I join???
"Confused? At a loss for what to do? Wow, sounds like you're human. Good luck."

Time Blitz

« Reply #5 on: January 26, 2016, 06:58:32 AM »

Lol I wonder who's going to be Uranium ::)

GreyCaboose

• lIKE ZOINKS SCOOB
« Reply #6 on: January 26, 2016, 09:00:04 AM »

Yes to all of you!!! ^v^ You all can join, just pick out an element or two from the periodic table and I'll post the card later!

Ceres

• Orangé Tong
« Reply #7 on: January 26, 2016, 09:44:29 AM »

cAN I BE IODINE PLEASE PLEASE PLZ THIS IS AMAZING IVE BEEN WANTING THIS FKREVER MAY I JOIN

Ceres

• Orangé Tong
« Reply #8 on: January 26, 2016, 09:45:45 AM »

Also, will the groups of elements be like families?

Panzercrappitastica

• Westerforum Resident Exalt
« Reply #9 on: January 26, 2016, 11:53:22 AM »

Can I be oxygen?
Purple-handed peep Volger with a flash tattoo hoverboarding around the Lynx in the blue hour with adreneline coursing through his penguins while failing to own the sunset! In a hoop skirt.

Pan the Imperial Bucket Holder

"Early to bed, early to rise, early to plan the world's demise"
- Catvomitsky

GreyCaboose

• lIKE ZOINKS SCOOB
« Reply #10 on: January 26, 2016, 12:03:23 PM »

cAN I BE IODINE PLEASE PLEASE PLZ THIS IS AMAZING IVE BEEN WANTING THIS FKREVER MAY I JOIN
Also, will the groups of elements be like families?

Yes (to joining) and not exactly. I suppose, while not related, the elements can feel more closely bonded and familial and all. Basically: I forgot to mention because I was pressed for time, but like so in this world/universe thing it's mandatory for all humanum Elementum to register their identity and their element and stuff, and they need to have an HE ID (human-element identification) card on them for other people to see. This has led to some prejudice or fear from people who aren't Elementum, seeing as it's a common stereotype that human-element people are violent and unpredictable. This often leads to Elementum people tending to stick closer together than they do with normal humans. So like, I was thinking maybe in this RP our characters are pretty much a generally small group of Elementum who stick together because of how poorly human-elements are treated in the city setting. So like, kind of a family relationship-wise, but not actually related if that makes sense.

Can I be oxygen?

Sure! But I call dibs on Carbon and Caesium
« Last Edit: January 26, 2016, 12:36:54 PM by GreyCaboose »

GreyCaboose

• lIKE ZOINKS SCOOB
« Reply #11 on: January 26, 2016, 02:04:53 PM »

Okay, here's the card!

Name:
Element:
Appearance:
Backstory (How did they find out they were Elementum, how did their family/friends react, etc):
Other:

Note: Human-Element people would have unique characteristics similar to that of their chemical element. Example: I designed Neon before I even made the RP, and she always has known she was an Element because she glows like Neon does. See what I'm getting at? Relatively simple stuff, kids these days don't really pull Nita Sherrys and spontaneously combust anymore.
« Last Edit: January 27, 2016, 01:57:15 AM by GreyCaboose »

Ceres

• Orangé Tong
« Reply #12 on: January 26, 2016, 02:50:36 PM »

So do the Elementum have superhuman abilities or are they pretty much regular humans?

GreyCaboose

• lIKE ZOINKS SCOOB
« Reply #13 on: January 27, 2016, 12:06:47 AM »

Basically yeah, somewhat superhuman abilities.

GreyCaboose

• lIKE ZOINKS SCOOB
« Reply #14 on: January 27, 2016, 06:24:28 PM »

Name: Penemue 'Neon' Bronx
Element: Neon
Personality: Neon Bronx is spunky and proud of their identity as a humanum Elementum (This is probably since they grew up fully aware of their identity and had parents who were proud to have a child who was 'special'). They're generally friendly and energetic, if not a little vain and stubborn. They can get a little full of themself at times.
Appearance: They have bright green eyes and tanned skin with straight red hair going down to their shoulders. It looks a bit like they're always wearing make-up during the day, their lips and their eyelids look pretty orange. Their chemical nature (of the rare sort that you can visibly see 24/7) manifests more clearly in the dark - The orange around their eyes and on their lips glows like, well, neon.  They're about 5'8", and rather thin. Due to being a rather successful model with a supportive family, they never fully understood the actual challenges many other Elementum face.
Backstory (How did they find out they were Elementum, how did their family/friends react, etc):They were pretty much born with people knowing they were Elementum, since from the start they, well, glowed. This resulted in a big thing: A blog, entitled 'Raising an Elementum', a career in modeling as part of a shoot to prove that Elementum had 'natural beauty' (a shoot that gained controversy over Elementum that weren't as aesthetically gifted as Neon Bronx or Elementum who's chemical nature wasn't of the physical variety), the works.
Other: They don't actually have any cool human-element ability other than glowing in the dark, which isn't too useful for anything other than modeling for 'fake' 'natural beauty' shoots.

Name: Carson Achila
Element: Carbon
Personality: A flirt at heart, even if his face is a little....eh. He's fast-talking and smooth, putting on an overconfident demeanor to hide insecurities about who he is. He has a thing for shiny jewels and expensive metals. Can have a bit of a short temper when hasn't had his beauty sleep. A bit of a klepto - He can't help it, he wants expensive things and just doesn'thave the expenses.
Appearance: He's not shabby, but not McHottie. His dark hair is shaggy and touseled and almost chin-length, and he has some slight stubble on a dark tan narrow face. His eyes are dark brown and a little tired-looking, and his nose is large and flat. His teeth are kind of yellow.
Backstory (How did they find out they were Elementum, how did their family/friends react, etc): Carson first thought about the possibility of abilities when, at the age of 16, he jumped off a roof and survived with barely a scratch. This ended up being attributed to his body (right before hitting the ground) becoming diamond. It appeared to just be for a short enough time to let him survive, though, and nobody even saw it happen until someone played security footage of the event at a slower rate. Carson ended up getting the beat-down from his parents, the whole 'you should've told us even though you had no idea, how are we supposed to care for an elementum, we're gonna die' stuff. He was kicked out at age 17 and has been living with his girlfriend ever since.
Other: His whole sudden-diamond thing has only happened once so far, and as far as that, Carson's had no outbursts of possible elemental ability. And yet, he still has to wear a stupid ID. Life is unfair.

Name: Mary Mailey
Element: Caesium
Personality: Generally incredibly laid back and somewhat apathetic. Has a 500-yard unwavering death glare for no reason that could kill, and seems to be addicted to coffee. She doesn't talk too much, and isn't easy to startle. Or....cheer up. Or anger. Or do anything to. Does she ever even sleep?
Appearance: Narrow grey eyes with bags under them and thin pink lips always frowning. Her hair is pixie-cut short and a little frizzy, and she has a beauty mark above her lip on the right side of her face. Her nose is small and button-y. She never wears makeup.
Backstory (How did they find out they were Elementum, how did their family/friends react, etc): She first found it out when she was 6 and did a canonball in the swimming pool. She exploded. Kind of. The area around her exploded but she seemed generally okay, if not a little shocked. The same couldn't be said for the swimmers nearby, who died almost instantly. Her parents tried to understand, but it was hard seeing as Mary's little brother was one of the swimmers killed. As of late, she's been accepted into college but still lives with her parents.
Other: She's fine with small amounts of water (spilling it on her only makes her steam a little), but large amounts cause more explosion-thingies and that's not good. This has resulted in her refusing to take showers. She doesn't smell the greatest.

Okay, there are my characters!
« Last Edit: January 30, 2016, 02:14:21 AM by GreyCaboose »
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 7