Scott Westerfeld Forum

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 7

Author Topic: Elementary  (Read 3185 times)

Panzercrappitastica

• Westerforum Resident Exalt
Re: Elementary
« Reply #15 on: January 28, 2016, 01:36:22 AM »

Coool. Okay. I'm gonna try to make my card today.
Purple-handed peep Volger with a flash tattoo hoverboarding around the Lynx in the blue hour with adreneline coursing through his penguins while failing to own the sunset! In a hoop skirt.

Pan the Imperial Bucket Holder

"Early to bed, early to rise, early to plan the world's demise"
- Catvomitsky

Ceres

• Orang Tong
« Reply #16 on: January 28, 2016, 12:13:41 PM »

I accidentally deleted my character card for this .-. I will try to remake it soon but I'm going to be hella busy for the next few days so sorry in advance if I low-key disappear
Also, may I be one of the four elements that was recently discovered? And if I could, could they have discovered they were Elementum before the element was discovered, or only as/after it was discovered?

Panzercrappitastica

« Reply #17 on: January 28, 2016, 12:53:19 PM »

Name: Lucas (Luke) Madison
Element: Oxygen
Personality: Very outgoing and social, loves making friends, especially with other Elementum, but he doesn't always bother to get to know people very well. A little full of himself. Sticks himself in where he doesn't belong. His life philosophy is pretty much just "YOLO"
Appearance: Shortish, wild, electric blue hair (it's black naturally) and eyes to match. Tall, somewhat dark-skinned with a slender face. Tends to dress up more than he has to, and often wearing gloves.
Backstory: He tends to rust anything susceptible to rusting that he touches for too long, and it's gotten stronger as he's gotten older. It got to be noticable around shen he eas six, and he only figured out it was connected to him about a year later. His parents were a little freaked out at first, but have more or less gotten used to it (well, at least the bit where he rusts things). Now, most things in his house are plastic, and he wears gloves for the most part (he can get away without wearing them sometimes as long as he's careful not to touch things). He tries to avoid touching people too much, even through clothes. Just in case.
Other: You know how aging is caused mostly by oxidation? Yeah, he's not gonna live long and he knows it >:D

Does anyone even say YOLO anymore? Anyway, is this good?
Purple-handed peep Volger with a flash tattoo hoverboarding around the Lynx in the blue hour with adreneline coursing through his penguins while failing to own the sunset! In a hoop skirt.

- Catvomitsky

GreyCaboose

• lIKE ZOINKS SCOOB
« Reply #18 on: January 28, 2016, 01:54:01 PM »

Great card, Pan!!

I accidentally deleted my character card for this .-. I will try to remake it soon but I'm going to be hella busy for the next few days so sorry in advance if I low-key disappear
Also, may I be one of the four elements that was recently discovered? And if I could, could they have discovered they were Elementum before the element was discovered, or only as/after it was discovered?

Of course! I'd recommend as/after, but you could do before if you like~
pull the trigger, piglet,

Panzercrappitastica

« Reply #19 on: February 07, 2016, 04:12:52 PM »

Soooooo... .-.

- Catvomitsky

GreyCaboose

• lIKE ZOINKS SCOOB
« Reply #20 on: October 08, 2016, 04:11:58 AM »

I AM YELLING. I AM KICKING THIS DOOR DOWN AND YELLING. ELEMENTS ELEMENTS BOY HOWDY I LOVE ELEMENTS LET'S GET THIS TERRIBLE PARTY STARTED

Time Blitz

« Reply #21 on: October 08, 2016, 04:55:51 AM »

*raises hand* I've noticed no one has taken uranium yet....

GreyCaboose

• lIKE ZOINKS SCOOB
« Reply #22 on: October 08, 2016, 04:58:46 AM »

Oh, well - I guess I'd be fine with you joining! Honestly, I wasn't really asking for anyone else to join and was just going to get the RP started. Plus, I'd actually had an important plot plan for Uranium? But you could have it if you wanted, I suppose.. But I guess, as soon as you join, the RP'll start! Honestly I wasn't looking for too many characters, and I guess I dug myself into that by having 3 characters, but yeah, I dunno, you can join if you want.

Panzercrappitastica

« Reply #23 on: October 08, 2016, 05:01:27 AM »

I have absolutely no memory of this roleplay but apparently I made a card and this seems cool so I'm in
Edit: WAIT I do remember. Okay cool

- Catvomitsky

GreyCaboose

• lIKE ZOINKS SCOOB
« Reply #24 on: October 08, 2016, 05:10:32 AM »

Yeah!! Sorry if this is sudden, I just really loved the idea and remembered it and I don't want it to die!

GreyCaboose

• lIKE ZOINKS SCOOB
« Reply #25 on: October 08, 2016, 05:56:53 AM »

So basically, now that I've decided to reboot this, here's some more plot stuff!

- Violence towards Elementum is becoming more and more commonplace due to rising tensions.

- There's been rumors of groups who actively hunt down Elementum to either kidnap, kill, torture, or force to use their abilities to harm others. Nobody's sure if these rumors are true, but after young student Elementum Andrew Seaberg (nicknamed 'Fat Man' due to the fact his element was Plutonium) was sighted sobbing in the center of a supermall before taking some kind of pill and creating a surprisingly contained explosion that killed both him and about 17 surrounding shoppers, injuring 26 more and causing structural damage to the inside of the mall. Andrew had been missing for about three weeks before this had happened and his death was marked as an act of terrorism in the name of Elementum equality or supremacy. Those who knew Andrew say he was never the type to do anything like that willingly. So the case of Andrew Seaberg is still a mystery.

- There's also been rumors of Elementum supremacist groups, who believe that Elementums are better than average humans and should take their rightful place above all the others.

Aaaaand that's just some stuff about this world here with the Elementums!

Time Blitz

« Reply #26 on: October 08, 2016, 08:51:07 AM »

Oh, well - I guess I'd be fine with you joining! Honestly, I wasn't really asking for anyone else to join and was just going to get the RP started. Plus, I'd actually had an important plot plan for Uranium? But you could have it if you wanted, I suppose.. But I guess, as soon as you join, the RP'll start! Honestly I wasn't looking for too many characters, and I guess I dug myself into that by having 3 characters, but yeah, I dunno, you can join if you want.

It's ok, I understand. I also am not the best person to RP with anyway, and it's probably best that I stay out of good RPs.

GreyCaboose

• lIKE ZOINKS SCOOB
« Reply #27 on: October 08, 2016, 11:45:56 PM »

Woah, hey, no. I never said that. I don't think that's thr case at all! I just already had a plan for Uranium and wasn't expecting another character? You could take Germanum, or Rubidium, or somethin!

GreyCaboose

• lIKE ZOINKS SCOOB
« Reply #28 on: October 09, 2016, 04:54:44 AM »

So, okay. I know that Blue, Walrus, and Cat had all asked to join, too - Not sure if they still do, but I hope so!

Also! For the sake of keeping the whole 'There's only 118 Elementum alive at the same time' (or 122, adding the 4 newly discovered elements) thing in proportion, here's a thing!
Elementum, somehow, are generally born in the same area as other Elementum. The more Elementum somewhere, the greater chance that the next Elementum born will be nearby. Nobody's quite sure why, but it's just a bit of a fact. So, while this doesn't mean all Elementum will be born in the same area, it means that the chances are highly increased for that to happen. If that makes sense. So that might play into the plot a bit, what with our city setting having itself a merry little many bunch of Elementum~

GreyCaboose

• lIKE ZOINKS SCOOB
« Reply #29 on: October 09, 2016, 09:47:53 AM »

And, also! Due to the plot I have laid out, certain elements are off-limits for characters (I'm so sorry if this makes me sound strict, but I'm trying to build a really good plot here for everyone!). The elements are: Fluorine, Uranium/Plutonium, and Sodium. Now, what roles these card-less Elementums will play will be left ambiguous for now, but I'm sure you guys might find some interesting things about them that could lead to guessing the Elementum's motivations and roles!

And, to help out in case anyone can't decide, here's a list of elements I find super cool, and I think you will, too! Plus some facts and ideas for Elementum abilities or weaknesses!

Hydrogen - As if being the first element on the table wasn't cool enough, it's the lightest element on the aforementioned table, and stars are composed of hydrogen! Stars! So if you wanted a theme for a Hydrogen Elementum, there's one! Hydrogen is also the most abundant chemical substance in the entire universe, which is amazing! I'm not encouraging god-modding, but a Hydrogen Elementum could be pretty dang dangerous if they were to somehow hone their powers just right! Also, a Hydrogen Elementum was written down the first Elementum ever, so that's some cool stuff there! Speaking of the first Elementum, her abilities allowed her to spontaneously combust and be okay afterwards! That's some hot stuff right there! And, with the whole 'lightest element' thing, it's lighter than air! Now, this could be taking it a little too far, but would that be cool to apply to a character and have them fly??? Hm...space-associated, combustion-surviving, flying powers? Perhaps the Human Torch was a Hydrogen Elementum! But, to add in potential weaknesses and conflicts - Hydrogen is an asphyxiant in its pure form (without any oxygen), and even though it's incredibly combustible it's also incredibly cold and can cause frostbite and other cold-related dangers! Also! Hydrogen fire is invisible, which can lead to accidental burns. So hydrogen, while being awesome, has some awesome dangers, too - Think of how fun that'd be for an Elementum (maybe not all fun for them, but for us!!)!!

Radium - Play some Imagine Dragons because holy crap it's radioactive!!!! Radium is super incredibly toxic, and a Radium Elemental might not have too good of a time with this - Whether they cause sickness in those around them, or the Radium instead negatively effects them - Seems like as good an excuse as any for a character to wear a cool looking gas-mask or a snappy surgical mask! The Elementum may have yellow skin, possibly, to show off the whole sickness thing AND to jab at the element itself's habit of turning from yellow in its solid form over time. Radium was used to make self-luminescent paints (like glow in the dark!!), so many you could have your Radium Elementum be bio-luminescent! Just like how Neon Bronx glows (albeit in different colors, I'd assume)!

Magnesium - Aside from an incredibly cool name, Magnesium is a super rad element! Magnesium fire was was used for firebombing of cities and can only be put out with dry sand! Imagine who terrifying it would be to try and douse someone with water and find that they're still burning. Yep, a Magnesium Elementum would be terrifying that way! Magnesium is also used in fireworks and flares to make flashes of bright light! Imagine being able to pull some serious lumos maxima at your very fingertips!!!! Flammability of the element is greatly reduced by calcium, so many a Magnesium Elementum would hang with a Calcium Elementum or take calcium supplements to reduce any chance of accidents with their Magnesium fire. Since Magnesium is commonly found in foods and is in some forms ingestable, it is entirely possible to overdose on consumption. Such an act could result in nausea and vomiting (plus some other unsavory symptoms), as well as abnormally low blood pressure, confusion, slowed heart rate, comas, and cardiac arrest. Zoinks! Not sure how you'd incorporate that in there if you wanted to, but yowza!

Lithium - Lithium may seem a bit lackluster, but this little package (heh get it? lithium? little?? Heh???) has some cool attributes to it, too! It's used in mood-altering substances to treat bipolar disorder and major depression! Lithium is also pretty dang corrosive and it's super important to not touch it with your bare skin! Breathing it in will super irritate your nose and throat, and can fill the lungs up with fluid and cause pulmonary edema! Freaky!!!

Anyways, there's just some facts about some cool elements you could use for Elementums if y'all wanted to or needed ideas!!
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 7