Scott Westerfeld Forum

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 7

Author Topic: Elementary  (Read 3213 times)

GreyCaboose

• lIKE ZOINKS SCOOB
Re: Elementary
« Reply #30 on: October 09, 2016, 11:20:24 AM »

Hey hey hey! I'm gonna tell a bit about the plot so that y'all can get a feel of it!

Basically, there's been two 'Elementum terrorist attacks' so far - One from Andrew Seaberg, who was posthumously dubbed 'Fat Man', who used his Elementum abilities (Plutonium) to blow up himself, killing 17 and injuring 26 in the resulting blast (Researchers aren't sure how this was possible, previous tests on Seaberg showed that harming himself with his abilities or even creating any kind of devastating blast was near impossible for him - It's assumed that the pills he was seeing taking before the event were some kind of steroid to boost his abilities) on August 14th; And one from Melissa Darp, who was posthumously dubbed 'Little Boy', who used her Elementum abilties (Uranium) to cause an explosion that was nearly exactly the same as Seaberg's, this time not at a mall but rather at a bank. She killed 23 people (not including herself, who was also killed) and injured 8 during this (like Seaberg, she was seen crying and eating strange pills directly before the explosion. Investigators presume that, considering Seaberg was her fiance, they were plotting this together) event, on the same day the RP will begin on (Let's say,,,October 2nd?). The RP will follow the lives of certain Elementum in the city after this event as they have to deal with the rising tensions and paranoia, and may have to confront the real masterminds behind all this.

How's that? Seem pretty solid?
pull the trigger, piglet,

Panzercrappitastica

• Westerforum Resident Exalt
« Reply #31 on: October 09, 2016, 11:46:25 AM »

Oooooooooo O.O
Purple-handed peep Volger with a flash tattoo hoverboarding around the Lynx in the blue hour with adreneline coursing through his penguins while failing to own the sunset! In a hoop skirt.

Pan the Imperial Bucket Holder

"Early to bed, early to rise, early to plan the world's demise"
- Catvomitsky

GreyCaboose

• lIKE ZOINKS SCOOB
« Reply #32 on: October 09, 2016, 11:53:56 AM »

You like the plot?? I'm happy!! I hope that the others say whether or not they still want to be a part of this, though.

Ceres

• Orangé Tong
« Reply #33 on: October 09, 2016, 12:05:12 PM »

OH BOY YES I WAS THINKING OF THIS RP THE OTHER DAY

May I still be unbinilum and iodine?

GreyCaboose

• lIKE ZOINKS SCOOB
« Reply #34 on: October 09, 2016, 12:05:36 PM »

Heck yeah you can!!

Ceres

• Orangé Tong
« Reply #35 on: October 09, 2016, 12:10:26 PM »

Noice! And actually I meant ununoctium (the newly discovered one) lol, I was thinking of my URL instead :P I'm making the cards now :3

GreyCaboose

• lIKE ZOINKS SCOOB
« Reply #36 on: October 09, 2016, 12:14:54 PM »

Sweet!!!! This is gonna be so rad!!

Ceres

• Orangé Tong
« Reply #37 on: October 09, 2016, 12:19:49 PM »

I feel like I asked this before, but are the groups all part of one family? Like, elements in one group all are related/associate together or do they not care

GreyCaboose

• lIKE ZOINKS SCOOB
« Reply #38 on: October 09, 2016, 12:55:31 PM »

Well, elementum in one group may feel closer connected than they feel towards other Elementum, and I would say that Elementum in the same element group would probably get along better, but they're not really related or associated together too much. In the rare case that two siblings are both Elementum, the chances of them being in the same group is actually rather low. Does that make sense?

Ceres

• Orangé Tong
« Reply #39 on: October 09, 2016, 01:00:24 PM »

So if they're siblings, are they more likely to be in the same period? Or is it just random

Also I'm probably digging myself into a hole by even asking but would it be possible for me to have helium as a character :>
« Last Edit: October 09, 2016, 01:07:39 PM by Catvomitsky »

GreyCaboose

• lIKE ZOINKS SCOOB
« Reply #40 on: October 09, 2016, 01:17:48 PM »

Eh, it depends on whatever Elements are available? Only one element exists at a time (as of right now), with an Elementum being born when one dies. So it's more random than not.

And yes! You can have helium!!!!
« Last Edit: October 09, 2016, 01:24:19 PM by GreyCaboose »

Ceres

• Orangé Tong
« Reply #41 on: October 09, 2016, 01:35:00 PM »

Got it :)

Yaaaaas I have had a character idea for helium for awhile (I get bored in Chemistry...)

GreyCaboose

• lIKE ZOINKS SCOOB
« Reply #42 on: October 09, 2016, 01:58:26 PM »

Hehehehhehehe I'm glad!! Some things to consider about Elementum characters: Their views on the status of Elementum (people have the right to refuse service to Elementum if they're afraid said Elementum is dangerous, although this right is rather abused by folks who just arent fans of Elementum; Elementum are often manditorily summoned to labs to be researched even if they don't want to be; and Elementum have low life expectancies due to the amount of hate crimes and some of the things they're exposed to during research), what they think about the recent 'Elementum terrorist attacks' with the Plutonium Elementum Andrew Seaberg and the Uranium Elementum Melissa Darp, how they feel about more privileged Elementum like Neon Bronx trying to speak for all Elementum problems, how they feel about their own abilities, how they're treated, stuff like that, I guess!

GreyCaboose

• lIKE ZOINKS SCOOB
« Reply #43 on: October 10, 2016, 11:37:56 AM »

I'm going to re-do my character cards for Carson and Mary since I've made some changes to them and their designs since I made them!

Name: Carson Achila
Element: Carbon
Personality: A flirt at heart, even if his face is a little....eh. He's fast-talking and smooth, putting on an overconfident demeanor to hide insecurities about who he is. He has a thing for shiny jewels and expensive metals. Can have a bit of a short temper when hasn't had his beauty sleep. He has some kleptomaniacal tendencies, even with things he knows he can afford. It's not his fault, he says, he just gets these urges. He's very nice to all women, but can still be a bit of a jerk at times.
Appearance: By no means is he Mr Hot McHottie. His dark hair is shaggy and touseled and almost chin-length, and he has some slight stubble on a pasty pale narrow face. His eyes are dark brown and very tired-looking, and his nose is rather pointy. His teeth are kind of yellow due to lack of care for them, and they often end up with dirty bits of food in them.
Backstory (How did they find out they were Elementum, how did their family/friends react, etc): Carson first thought about the possibility of abilities when, at the age of 16, he jumped off a roof and survived with barely a scratch. This ended up being attributed to his body (right before hitting the ground) becoming diamond. It appeared to just be for a short enough time to let him survive, though, and nobody even saw it happen until someone played security footage of the event at a slower rate. Carson ended up getting the beat-down from his parents, the whole 'you should've told us even though you had no idea, how are we supposed to care for an elementum, we're gonna die' stuff. He was kicked out at age 17 and has been living with his girlfriend ever since.
Other: His whole sudden-diamond thing has only happened once so far, and as far as that, Carson's had no outbursts of possible elemental ability. He couldn't make himself diamond or activate any carbon abilities no matter how hard he's tried. And yet, he still has to wear a stupid ID. Isn't life just unfair? He views everything about Elementum as being very unfair to him, so his opinions on current events are generally negative.

Name: Casey Chauhan
Element: Caesium
Personality: Generally incredibly sarcastic and somewhat apathetic. Has a 500-yard constant unwavering death glare that could kill, and seems to be addicted to coffee. She really isn't too easy to startle. Or....cheer up. Or anger. Or do anything to. Does she ever even sleep?
Appearance: Large, sad grey eyes with bags under them and thin brown lips always frowning. Her hair is dark brown, greasy, and kept in a wild ponytail, and she has a beauty mark above her lip on the right side of her face. Her nose is large, and despite her unsheveled appearance she wears a small bindi on her forehead (the dot is often covered by her hair, but it's there). Aside from that, she never wears makeup. Her skin is very dark, and she's a bit larger from her stomach down.
Backstory (How did they find out they were Elementum, how did their family/friends react, etc): She first found it out when she was 6 and did a canonball in the swimming pool. She exploded. Kind of. The area around her exploded but she seemed generally okay, if not a little shocked. The same couldn't be said for the swimmers nearby, who died almost instantly. Her parents tried to understand, but it was hard seeing as Casey's little brother was one of the swimmers killed. As of late, she's been accepted into college but still lives with her parents.
Other: She's fine with small amounts of water (spilling it on her only makes her steam a little), but large amounts cause more explosion-thingies and that's not good. This has resulted in her refusing to take showers - She doesn't smell the greatest. She despises Neon Bronx and the current tensions between Elementum and normal humans.

Ceres

• Orangé Tong
« Reply #44 on: October 11, 2016, 09:03:41 AM »

2 character cards down, one to go! I'll post them before tonight

Are you going to PM Walrus and Blue to see if they're still joining, or is the RP gonna be us 3?
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 7