Scott Westerfeld Forum

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 13

Author Topic: A long way home RP  (Read 5162 times)

Starbuck

• Resident pilot
A long way home RP
« on: May 06, 2016, 03:19:32 PM »

In 2159, humanity has passed the speed of light and is expanding to surrounding star systems. The fastest ships available to scout new star systems and explore in general are part of the NX program and are capable of 5 times the speed of light. One ship in particular, the USS Forscher is one of these ships about to depart Alpha Centauri for a 4 month exploratory expedition for habitable planets. But it may take a bit longer to get back, even at 5 times the speed of light.

So its a space based RP, again, but it is focused more on the 83 men and women aboard a starship and the new species they encounter and interact with. There will be drama, action, suspense, and despair as this space opera unfolds into what I hope is an enjoyable experience to anyone who will join.

Rules:
Anyone can join
You can play crew, alien race, or a sentient ball of gas traveling through space I don't care just have fun with it.
Please add to the universe, creating any form of lore or technology is fine but remember humanity is still just beginning its expansion and is limited to medium intensity laser beams and experimental ship to ship torpedoes, also shields are a very experimental technology for humans but other that humanity, feel free to introduce any form of technologically advanced species for our crew to deal with.
And the most important rule, have fun

If anyone is interested just post a comment and I can get a character card up faster than you can say "set phasers to fun"

Time Blitz

Re: A long way home RP
« Reply #1 on: May 07, 2016, 03:47:45 AM »

So people can be sentient farts er I mean balls of gas? XD

I'm in!

Candle

« Reply #2 on: May 07, 2016, 03:39:46 PM »

I'm so in I'm out the other side

Starbuck

• Resident pilot
« Reply #3 on: May 08, 2016, 11:28:40 AM »

sounds good, post card pretty soon

Time Blitz

« Reply #4 on: May 09, 2016, 05:27:45 AM »

I will poke your Tiger if you don't post the card. ._.

Starbuck

• Resident pilot
« Reply #5 on: May 09, 2016, 07:15:13 AM »

Okay here it is

Name:
Appearance:
Job if applicable:
misc:

Gentlebiscuit

« Reply #6 on: May 09, 2016, 02:07:50 PM »

I miiiiight have time for this once I get my assignments out of the way. Is that cool? :P

Hiss.

Starbuck

• Resident pilot
« Reply #7 on: May 10, 2016, 09:42:28 AM »

No problem

Time Blitz

« Reply #8 on: May 10, 2016, 10:56:32 AM »

I don't know what I want to do.

Starbuck

• Resident pilot
« Reply #9 on: May 11, 2016, 02:38:37 PM »

could always use a bridge officer

Starbuck

• Resident pilot
« Reply #10 on: May 16, 2016, 10:48:21 AM »

Name: Eric Archer
Species: Human
Appearance: 6', Short brown hair, brown eyes, wears a serious expression most of the time, wears a blue jumpsuit with yellow stripes around the shoulders, black boots, and a black long sleeve undershirt.
Job: Chaptain of the Forscher
Misc: Has been with the NX program ever since they broke the warp 2 barrier and has dreamed of commanding the first warp 5 capable starship since he was a kid when his father designed the engine layout that would be used in its construction. really in to old vintage motorcycles.

Time Blitz

« Reply #11 on: May 30, 2016, 11:38:47 AM »

Name: Yalia T'ar-Sha

Species: Melkane, of the planet Melk, a desert planet that resides as the Melkane capital and homeworld. The Melkanes are a species of intelligent and sentient tanks, that with the help of nanotechnology, have the ability to transform into more humanoid beings at will and for convenience (especially when dealing with humanoid lifeforms diplomatically)

Appearance:

"True Form":

Yalia has a "Hellbore" plasma cannon as her main weapon, as well as several ion machine guns and some missiles. She maintains a small shield generator and runs on a cold fusion engine

"Humanoid Form": she is taller than an average human; around 7 feet tall. She is thin, and prefers the look of tanned skin, steel grey eyes, and white, short hair. Her teeth are more canine in appearance, and she wears a suit of power armor that is streamlined and doubles as a uniform. Her personal weapon is a bit larger than most humanoid weapons; a "small" caliber plasma weapon, which she can use with her greater strength.

Job if applicable: Melkane High General

misc: rather friendly, and very young for her position. Yalia is very interested in other species, and enjoys partaking in their culture (and eating their food). She can have a temper, especially when friends get hurt. Languages and spaceship operation can come easy to her, as she is a machine herself. She is however, most useful in ground operations and has a preference for solid ground beneath her feet...or treads.

Starbuck

• Resident pilot
« Reply #12 on: June 01, 2016, 07:30:29 AM »

Sounds good!

Time Blitz

« Reply #13 on: June 01, 2016, 09:05:54 AM »

When are we gonna start .-.

I killed a tiger today.

Starbuck

• Resident pilot