Scott Westerfeld Forum

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 13

Author Topic: A long way home RP  (Read 5212 times)

Time Blitz

Re: A long way home RP
« Reply #15 on: June 02, 2016, 01:53:44 AM »

I smacked an IS-6 in the butt with HE......it felt good

And ok.....maybe Candle?

Starbuck

• Resident pilot
« Reply #16 on: June 02, 2016, 10:27:10 AM »

yeah, we could start but keep it simple until the others joined

Got my airsoft STG44 in yesterday and im heading out to the field this weekend to reck some Bolsheviks.

Time Blitz

« Reply #17 on: June 02, 2016, 12:33:49 PM »

Nice. Hopefully not my boyfriend...he's a Bolshevik......specifically a Stalinist, but meh our relationship scarily works.

And I'll let you set the scene.

Starbuck

• Resident pilot
« Reply #18 on: June 03, 2016, 12:16:52 PM »

okay then

16:00 hours aboard the USS Forschen, the corridors are bustling with crew members as the ship prepares to travel to an unexplored system. Captain Eric Archer is on the bridge preparing for the voyage. "Ensign, engage matter, anti-matter flow."
"Aye sir"
"All decks report green status sir" The operations officer called from her console
"Good, set a course for the Gleim star system, warp 4.5"
"Course laid in, ETA 51 hours."
Eric sat down in the captains chair, "Engage"

--51 hours later--

The Forschen dropped out of warp at the edge of the Gleim star system and began its preliminary survey.

Time Blitz

« Reply #19 on: June 03, 2016, 12:55:06 PM »

General Yalia T'ar-Sha was overseeing routine maneuvers of one of the farther out forces protecting a Melkane colony. It was usually very boring, even though she liked the captain and crew of the Manticore.

However, things just got interesting. An unidentified ship of unknown origin or species had just jumped in system. Her curiosity peaked, but she patiently waited to see their reaction.
« Last Edit: June 03, 2016, 01:28:21 PM by KV-2 »

Starbuck

• Resident pilot
« Reply #20 on: June 03, 2016, 02:05:17 PM »

"Sir, I'm getting some anomalous energy readings from the far side of the system."
Eric stood from his chair, "Alter course to intercept, sensors to full."
"Shields sir?"
"No, not yet." Get me a visual as soon as you can ensign."
"Aye sir."
The Forschen cruised through the system, its sensors cataloging every bit of debris, planet, asteroid, and planetoid as it moved.
"We have a visual sir, putting it on screen."
"Well, looks like this system is already inhabited, and guarded. Standby shields and hail them."

Time Blitz

« Reply #21 on: June 04, 2016, 12:24:12 AM »

Her ships had gone to Alert 3, which was why they had done a loose defensive formation. The newcomers didn't seem hostile.

Right now, some of the scientists were rapidly analyzing their language and communication.

"General, we're being hailed." one of the bridge officers reported.

Yalia debated whether or not she should use her more humanoid form or not, although they hadn't determined whether or not the newcomers in question were humanoid.

"Put it on screen." she ordered, deciding to go with her original form for now.

Starbuck

• Resident pilot
« Reply #22 on: June 04, 2016, 12:56:57 AM »

It took a moment for Eric to realize what he was looking at.
"Hello, I hope we're not intruding. My name is Eric Archer, Captain of the Earth Starship Forschen. We are on a mission of exploration and peace. If you can understand me, please respond."

Time Blitz

« Reply #23 on: June 04, 2016, 01:01:54 AM »

Yalia studied the humanoid carefully....oops, looks like I should have transformed after all....

"Yes, I can understand you. I am High General Yalia T'ar-Sha, of the Melkane Empire." she carefully replied in their language.

Starbuck

• Resident pilot
« Reply #24 on: June 04, 2016, 11:10:40 AM »

Eric looked to his comms officer who relayed the message in English. The aliens title made Eric slightly uneasy that they had encountered a highly militaristic culture.
"Nice to meet you High General. We where surveying this system when we picked of your ships on our sensors. We come only as explorers and would be more than happy to leave your alone if thats what you would like."

Time Blitz

« Reply #25 on: June 04, 2016, 01:05:49 PM »

Yalia was done analyzing his language.

"It is fine, you are fine. Exploration is good....we are not upset. That wouldn't be very logical, to get upset over nothing." she assured him in careful English.

In fact, her ships had stood down once they were known not to be a threat.

Starbuck

• Resident pilot
« Reply #26 on: June 05, 2016, 02:36:41 AM »

"Well then we would like your permission to perform some atmospheric and surface surveys from orbit of the uninhabited celestial bodies in this system is that is acceptable. I also would like to invite you aboard for a proper first contact. I will tell my operations officer to give you access to our hangar bay for docking if you wish."

Time Blitz

« Reply #27 on: June 05, 2016, 02:52:54 AM »

"That is fine. I look forward to our first contact, Captain. My current ship, the Manticore, will send a transport ship. If you don't mind, I  wish to bring two of my aids for official record and for any future paperwork."

Starbuck

• Resident pilot
« Reply #28 on: June 05, 2016, 03:49:02 AM »

"By all means, I will meet you and your aids in shuttle bay two." Eric motioned to cut the feed and the screen went back to displaying the stars.
"Well that went rather well." The tactical officer commented.
"Yes it did. Mr. Rollins you have the bridge. I will be in shuttle bay two." Eric left the bridge and took a lift to F deck where the shuttle bays where located on the belly of the ship.

Time Blitz

« Reply #29 on: June 05, 2016, 08:27:04 AM »

Yalia was very careful to transform to a more humanoid form, instructing her aids to do so as well. They boarded the large, spacious transport and detached, heading for the human ship.

The transport docked at the designated area, and the large boarding ramp extended.

Yalia stepped out and bowed, followed by her aids who did the same.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 13