Scott Westerfeld Forum

Pages: [1] 2 3

Author Topic: Huntsmen and Huntresses (RWBY RP!!)  (Read 813 times)

GreyCaboose

• lIKE ZOINKS SCOOB
Huntsmen and Huntresses (RWBY RP!!)
« on: October 21, 2016, 03:40:06 PM »

Enter the world of Remnant, a land filled with forces and creatures known merely as Grimm. Creatures who sense negativity, creatures who wish to extinguish the flame of humanity. Many years ago, mankind waged a battle of survival against the Grimm before discovering the power of a mysterious element called Dust. This item allowed them to fight back against the monsters, with elemental abilities and powerful weapons. In the present day, Dust is still used to power abilities and weapons. And the war against the Grimm is still waging. A few gifted individuals have the ability to fight and utilize their talents to protect mankind. Those who use their abilities to battle the Grimm are known as Huntsmen or Huntresses.

There are four kingdoms in Remnant.

Vacuo, a desert land home to Shade Academy.

Atlas, a kingdom known for its advanced technology and fused government, military, and hunter academy.

Mistral, the largest kingdom known for its diverse culture.

and Vale. Our story takes place in Vale, the center of Remnant. Specifically in Beacon Academy. Focusing on a select few students.

~

Notes!!!!!!!

You dont have to watch RWBY to be in this RP, even though I HIGHLY recommend the show. I'll answer any questions you may have!!

Characters in this universe MUST have a first name that either
- Means a color
- Is literally the color (in this language or another)
- Sounds like the color
- Makes people think of a color
That's just the RWBY universe rules. Last names don't have to fit this rule, but they can, and should be based off of either the color or some other aspect of the character.

RWBY characters always have some inspiration to their naming, design,  background, etc - Whether this be a food or a fairy tale character. Ex: Fairy tale characters are the inspo for team RWBY, crossdressing heroes are inspo for JNPR, desserts for CFVY, etc.

Teams will be randomly organized by me, and the team names you won't have to worry about since I'll put them together!!

Weapons can be anything, but do NOT go over the top. Swords tend to be overused in OCs, but if you desperately need one, add some flair to it. Characters can have 2 weapons, or 1 weapon that turns into another. The weapons should fit with the character's theme/inspo/personality and should have a form making them easier to carry around (it can be as simple as putting a gun in a holster, there just needs to be a way to put it away). Weapons in RWBY are usually somewhat high-tech, although there are more primitive ones, they're more uncommon.

There's a race of humanoid folk with animal traits known as Faunus in RWBY - You can have a Faunus character, BUT try to be unique with the animal you select as an inspiration for your Faunus! Faunus can only have one physical trait shared with their animal, so it's either a tail or claws, no both!! (That's just an example, there are many more options to choose from for traits) Try to tie it in with their personality and/or theme!!

Aaaaaand that's all the time I've got right now, ask to join, think about your characters, do some research, ask me questions, and let's have fun with this!! I'll post the card later!!
pull the trigger, piglet,

GreyCaboose

• lIKE ZOINKS SCOOB
Re: Huntsmen and Huntresses (RWBY RP!!)
« Reply #1 on: October 21, 2016, 03:41:14 PM »

Obligatory forum glitch post!

The Primal Song Continues

« Reply #2 on: October 21, 2016, 04:18:33 PM »

I'm in!
Do not meddle in the affairs of dragons, for you are crunchy and taste good with ketchup.

One must never tolerate evil. For first, evil is tolerated; then embraced, then ailed as being good, then it becomes unlawful to do what is actually good.

GreyCaboose

• lIKE ZOINKS SCOOB
« Reply #3 on: October 21, 2016, 11:37:25 PM »

Fantastic!

Also: Totally didn't mean to make the rules sound as strict as they did - Trust me, it's actually really fun to work with making characters in these boundaries and putting your own twist on them!

Also note!
Characters in RWBY have Aura and Semblance. An aura is the manifestation of one's soul - a force around them composing of their theme color and granting them the ability to last much longer in a fight than normal people. Semblance is an ability everyone has, though it's different for everyone. A single superhuman ability fueled by the characters' aura, like enhanced speed, or cloning oneself a limited number of times. Note that not everyone has a known Semblance, so don't feel the need to make your character have one, it's just cool~
Clothes can be as crazy as you want!!! A good portion of clothing in RWBY is derived from their inspiration, and/or are modified forms of period clothes. As people who regularly go into battle, their clothes usually have armor and/or are fitted to allow them to move around better. I mean, there's a character who fits while wearing a hoodie and jeans under traditional armor, and characters who fight in full on dresses. Be creative with it!! Try fitting their color theme into their clothing or hair, and don't be afraid to get diverse with your OCs!

Name:
Age (Most Beacon Academy students are around 17):
Theme Color:
Appearance (Include their clothing and hair and such!):
Personality:
Weapon(s):
Other (Include inspiration, any fun facts about their name or design, and if you want, Backstory!):

~

I'll post some examples first if anyone wants!

« Reply #4 on: October 22, 2016, 03:50:00 AM »

Name: Sherwood Greene.
Theme Color: Dark green.
Appearance: Average height and build, shaggy blonde hair, blue eyes. Wears a dark green tunic, military-style pants and boots, a green and black checkered shemagh around his neck which he can use to cover his head and face. Has darck brown leather vambraces on his forearms and leather gloves. Also has a wide leather belt with a bronze vine worked in an eternal knot.
Personality: Rather outgoing and friendly, but hates bullies and is quick to protect the week or oppressed.
Weapons: He uses a bow to fire different arrows with elementary charged heads, and an arming sword.
Other: inspired by Robin Hood, with some modern elements. He has a Faunus girlfriend who gave him his belt, and inspire of being kinda rich, has White Fang sympathies.

Name: Moderaātus MacArtos.
Theme color: Black.
Appearance: Tall, slender build, grey eyes and Kylo Ren hair. He wears black Gothic looking armor and cloak.
Personality: He is a capable leader, but tends to be a loner, unless you really get to know him. Under his facade of aloof badboy, he's actually a really great guy.
Weapon: He wields a sword almost as tall as he is, called Void. It also has a light cannon built into the back of it's blade.
Other: He's based off of Mordred from Arthurian legends.
Do not meddle in the affairs of dragons, for you are crunchy and taste good with ketchup.

One must never tolerate evil. For first, evil is tolerated; then embraced, then ailed as being good, then it becomes unlawful to do what is actually good.

GreyCaboose

• lIKE ZOINKS SCOOB
« Reply #5 on: October 22, 2016, 04:05:49 AM »

Now, okay - Note, I am totally ware that not everyone on the forum has seen RWBY, and if you were turned off from the RP upon seeing it's RWBY-based, just know I'll answer any and all questions about it and honestly you don't need to watch RWBY to be in the RP!!

And, like I said before I may post some examples of characters for those who need assistance, so! Let's get down to business with a character I designed but will not be using in the RP (or will be, but not as a main character): Nickel Myers. Here's a card for her, featuring facts, advice, examples, and just little things to know.

~ Name: Nickel Myers ~
'Nickel' goes in line with the color naming rule of RWBY - It's the name of a silver coin and brings to mind thoughts of the color silver and grey. 'Myers' does not go with the color rule, but as mentioned before, last names don't have to - However, last names should have some reference to what or who a character is alluded to/based off of - In this case, Nickel is based off of the horror villain Michael Myers, from Halloween. All of her team, team KNEO ('Neo' alluding to the colors of Neopolitan Ice Cream), allude to 80's horror movie villains (Freddy Kruger, Michael Myers, Xenomorphs, and Jason Voorhees, respectively). So Nickel Myers alludes to both her color theme and character inspiration.
~ Age (Most Beacon Academy students are around 17): 17 ~
While the main character in RWBY managed to get into Beacon at age 15, this isn't really a common thing. Most Beacon students are high school senior-aged or a little older.
~ Theme Color: Silver/Grey ~
Like I said before, characters GOTS ta have a theme color.
~ Appearance (Include their clothing and hair and such!): Nickel has silver hair held back in a tight ponytail with some strands of hair escaping and waving down in front of her face. Her eyes are a dark grey, near black, and she wears dark grey lipstick. She wears a black jacket, a bit like a winter coat in texture and heaviness, and a grey crop top underneath. Her coat isn't pitch black, it has adjustable silver-colored straps on the shoulders and waist, along with a silver zipper. She also wears silver elbow pads and kneepads, as well as tight black gloves on her hands, good for gripping. She wears dark navy blue worn-out jumpsuit pants, which would be overalls if she didn't keep the top part down. She wears plain black steel-toed boots. ~
See, the clothes and appearance should keep with the color theme (hence the silver straps, hair, pads, and zipper as well as the grey crop-top and eyes) as well as the inspiration (the ponytail, dark eyes, jacket, and in a way, jumpsuit [it's modified heavily, but still a jumpsuit]). It's not entirely 'woah hey mask and knife and bad hair' as much as it is 'comes with some similarities and bad hair'.
~ Personality: Nickel doesn't talk often, but when she does it's sharp and sarcastic. She's very serious and uptight, and doesn't like to goof around or spend time with people who goof around. She's quick and to-the-point, and she's incredibly determined. When she fights, she fights to win and isn't afraid to take risks or make dirty moves in order to do so. She's blunt about what she says, and won't hesitate to insult her opponent or friends about weaknesses or point out their flaws. ~
Personality doesn't really have to apply to the inspiration at all. Like, seriously. Especially when the inspiration doesn't have too much of a known personality in the first place. There's no need to get too all out, but you can if you want.
~ Weapon(s): Nickel fights with throwing knives for combat that's not up close and personal. But when it is more hand to hand, she knows how to utilize her fists, elbows, knees, and feet in a fight (hence the pads and steel toes). She's also been known at some points to utilize her knives in close combat, but vastly prefers and is vastly more skilled at simply throwing them from a bigger distance. ~
I did mention that most weapons are rather high-tech, but with Nickel's namesake being a simple metal and her inspiration being a killer who works with knives and his hands, I had to make a little exception here for a weapon more fitting.
~ Other (Include inspiration, any fun facts about their name or design, and if you want, Backstory!): The figure her design, surname, and weapons are based off of is Michael Myers, from the Halloween franchise. Nickel is originally from Atlas, which has vastly influenced her opinion on Vale (it's not a cheery one). However, due to her disliking of the combined military and academy, she decided to ditch her home kingdom and head to a school with a setting she preferred more. Despite her inspiration wearing a mask when he kills, Nickel despises masks and costumes and finds them frivolous and a bit terrifying. And despite Michael Myers being a ruthless killer, Nickel genuinely wants to protect people. Her teammates on KNEO are Kougar Elm, Ellen Brightwood, and Oran Voorhees. ~
This is just random stuff to throw in. Have fun with it~

(Note that this character is not the one I'm going to use, this is purely an example. Horror movie villains are 100% an example, that's not something you've gotta mimic!!!! Get creative, find cool colors and think of cool inspos, stuff like that!! You can include your character's Semblance in the Other section. rwby.wikia.com/wiki/Semblance. Here's some sources for colors! https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_colors:_A%E2%80%93F, and you can also use colors in other languages for character names! Here's some help with weapons (just remember, high tech is usually the most common kind of weapon!) https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_medieval_weapons
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_firearms
Stuff like that!!!!)

(And once again, I'm not going to use Nickel since she's already on a team, this is purely an example for those who might need one. My characters will show up later, we need at least 4 characters, preferably all from different RPers. Although, if there are going to be more than 4, we need 8 - Which would almost be more preferred????

Name: Sherwood Greene.
Theme Color: Dark green.
Appearance: Average height and build, shaggy blonde hair, blue eyes. Wears a dark green tunic, military-style pants and boots, a green and black checkered shemagh around his neck which he can use to cover his head and face. Has darck brown leather vambraces on his forearms and leather gloves. Also has a wide leather belt with a bronze vine worked in an eternal knot.
Personality: Rather outgoing and friendly, but hates bullies and is quick to protect the week or oppressed.
Weapons: He uses a bow to fire different arrows with elementary charged heads, and an arming sword.
Other: inspired by Robin Hood, with some modern elements. He has a Faunus girlfriend who gave him his belt, and inspire of being kinda rich, has White Fang sympathies.

Name: Moderaātus MacArtos.
Theme color: Black.
Appearance: Tall, slender build, grey eyes and Kylo Ren hair. He wears black Gothic looking armor and cloak.
Personality: He is a capable leader, but tends to be a loner, unless you really get to know him. Under his facade of aloof badboy, he's actually a really great guy.
Weapon: He wields a sword almost as tall as he is, called Void. It also has a light cannon built into the back of it's blade.
Other: He's based off of Mordred from Arthurian legends.

Oh! You posted while I was typing! Okay!

Well, Sherwood looks pretty good, but I have a question or two about Moderaatus. How does his name apply to a color? Also, whilst I have no real issue with the light canon, having a sword that large goes against my 'don't go too over the top rule' - AND with a light canon built onto its blade? That could fare some issues when it comes to cutting, perhaps have it built into the handle instead? And size down that terrifying sword a bit? Other than that, seems pretty good!!

« Reply #6 on: October 22, 2016, 05:14:39 AM »

What color is associated with Mordred? I see your point though.

GreyCaboose

• lIKE ZOINKS SCOOB
« Reply #7 on: October 22, 2016, 05:17:08 AM »

Well, I mean, you cant tell what color it is through the name you have there.

« Reply #8 on: October 22, 2016, 05:20:44 AM »

I'll work on it.

GreyCaboose

• lIKE ZOINKS SCOOB
« Reply #9 on: October 22, 2016, 05:23:17 AM »

Thank you~

GreyCaboose

• lIKE ZOINKS SCOOB
« Reply #10 on: October 23, 2016, 08:45:21 AM »

Erm, bump! I know that most of the folks on the forum don't watch RWBY, but I at least want more than just 2 participants (counting me)! Like I said, you can ask me anything!!!

« Reply #11 on: October 25, 2016, 11:04:33 AM »

Ok, I'm changing his name to Jet Moderatus, his weapon to a 5' pole-hammer and sub-machine guns in his vambraces.

That better?

GreyCaboose

• lIKE ZOINKS SCOOB
« Reply #12 on: October 25, 2016, 11:20:06 AM »

Yes!!! ;D

Straif

• Westerforum's Resident Fabricated Human
« Reply #13 on: October 27, 2016, 12:19:49 PM »

Im surprised this didnt show up sooner
Sergeant Marasco, First Squad, Darwin's Fist
Crusher of Clankers, Defender of Darwinism
President For Life and Almighty Darwinist-Tractionist Monarch of the Ballard High Book Club
Resident Halo Fanatic

GreyCaboose

• lIKE ZOINKS SCOOB
« Reply #14 on: October 27, 2016, 11:02:01 PM »

Heh, well, I guess as you can see it really wouldn't have been popular anyways, haha.
Pages: [1] 2 3