Scott Westerfeld Forum

Pages: 1 [2] 3

Author Topic: Huntsmen and Huntresses (RWBY RP!!)  (Read 865 times)

GreyCaboose

• lIKE ZOINKS SCOOB
Re: Huntsmen and Huntresses (RWBY RP!!)
« Reply #15 on: October 31, 2016, 12:03:46 PM »

Bump!

Here, some more things for specification.

I've been recently informed that first names do NOT have to abide to the color rule, but one of the names does. Ex: Bartholomew Oobleck, a character in the canon RWBY, has a first name that does not abide by the color rule, but his last name does (with green). A minor character, Lisa Lavender, also has a color surname and a non-color first name. There are plenty of other characters who go by this naming system instead of the more common one of either both names being colors or the first name being one. Another example is Roman Torchwick, who's actually my favorite character! So first names don't HAVE to abide to the color rule, but at least one name does.
pull the trigger, piglet,

GreyCaboose

• lIKE ZOINKS SCOOB
« Reply #16 on: November 19, 2016, 12:51:36 PM »

Bump!

The Primal Song Continues

« Reply #17 on: November 20, 2016, 04:32:40 AM »

Cue Jeopardy music.
Do not meddle in the affairs of dragons, for you are crunchy and taste good with ketchup.

One must never tolerate evil. For first, evil is tolerated; then embraced, then ailed as being good, then it becomes unlawful to do what is actually good.

GreyCaboose

• lIKE ZOINKS SCOOB
« Reply #18 on: December 05, 2017, 12:49:53 PM »

Wheezes I know this won't be too popular still but would anyone else be interested?

« Reply #19 on: December 05, 2017, 01:12:20 PM »

Yes!
Do not meddle in the affairs of dragons, for you are crunchy and taste good with ketchup.

One must never tolerate evil. For first, evil is tolerated; then embraced, then ailed as being good, then it becomes unlawful to do what is actually good.

ravenoid-ish

• ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
« Reply #20 on: December 11, 2017, 05:55:26 AM »

havent watched rwby in awhile but this sounds fun, r u taking characters?
« Last Edit: December 11, 2017, 09:31:13 AM by ravenoid-ish »
(insert something cute/witty/philosophical here)

GreyCaboose

• lIKE ZOINKS SCOOB
« Reply #21 on: December 11, 2017, 02:18:55 PM »

Absolutely we're still accepting characters!!

« Reply #22 on: December 11, 2017, 03:03:35 PM »

I'm keeping the characters I came up with before, possibly adding another.

GreyCaboose

• lIKE ZOINKS SCOOB
« Reply #23 on: December 11, 2017, 03:25:55 PM »

Awesome!! Just as long as the characters we end up with are able to be put into any number of groups of four!! I'll probably get my characters up around tomorrow!

ravenoid-ish

• ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
« Reply #24 on: December 12, 2017, 04:50:44 AM »

Cool, I won't be able to do it right now but I'll put the character(s?) up later today

ravenoid-ish

• ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
« Reply #25 on: December 12, 2017, 08:38:11 AM »

Name: Alabaster Nimbus
Theme Color: white
Appearance: albatross faunus, short, her hair looks like a white and grey crew cut but it’s actually made up of feathers, always looks like she’s wearing super dramatic eye makeup but that’s because her eyelash feathers just do that, dark tan skin, black eyes, wears a light grey vest with white linings and a hood, and baggy dark pants that are tucked into boots, when she’s going to fight something she also has lightweight white shoulder and arm armor that she just puts on over her vest

Personality: Strong Silent Type tm. Pretty damn stubborn and incredibly proud to the point of overconfidence and vanity, mild trust issues that stem from being in a completely foreign land with people who might hate her entire race, and she's sort of high strung because of it, but she's not a complete dick most of the time unless she's attacked first

Weapon(s): dual wields two harpoon shotguns called Remex and Rectrix, both are about a foot long and look like normal, fancy, old-timey looking guns until Alabaster turns the safety off and the harpoon unsheathes from the barrel, while unsheathed she can also use them as fencing swords and grappling hooks (think the hook shot from Legend Of Zelda games), they also have a normal bullet mode, both of them are identical except Remex is white and grey while Rectrix is white and blue

Other: based on the albatross from the The Rime of the Ancient Mariner. Her semblance is basically this http://powerlisting.wikia.com/wiki/Cloud_Mimicry. At the moment she can’t really do anything useful in that form other than avoid getting hit for a little while, but this semblance runs in her family and there’s a family legend that some of her ancestors were able to turn into vicious thunderstorms with it. The Nimbus clan have been fishermen for generations, they were one of the first faunus families to move to Menagerie and they’re very proud of it, and they all have very clear White Fang leanings even though none of them are officially in it. Attending Beacon is the first time she’s ever been in a place with more humans then faunus and it’s sort of freaking her out. Never actually had any formal training, she learned everything by defending her family's fishing ships from sea grimm

oof sorry that got kinda text wally, let me know if anything needs to be changed
« Last Edit: December 12, 2017, 12:24:46 PM by ravenoid-ish »

GreyCaboose

• lIKE ZOINKS SCOOB
« Reply #26 on: December 12, 2017, 10:00:58 AM »

Name: Jenny Grey (Goes by Grey)
Age (Most Beacon Academy students are around 17): 17
Theme Color: Grey
Appearance (Include their clothing and hair and such!): Grey is a short, broad-shouldered, and muscular lady (About 5'3"), with shoulder-length grey hair and dark brown round eyes. She wears an armor outfit with grey iron armor covering her chest area, shoulders, lower arms, and lower legs, with a brown leather body suit underneath the armor and covering most of her body apart from her midriff, her hands, her neck, and her head. She wears two black belts on her waist. From the armor shoulderpads sprouts a long grey-to-brown fur cape made from the skin of a donkey. She has a second pair of ears due to her faunus heritage. They're long grey and brown donkey ears. She has yellowed teeth.
Personality: Grey is very determined, pretty much to the point of being stubborn. She's rowdy, tough, and would rather die than admit to being wrong about anything. She has a deep sense of honor and, while she's very rowdy, she would never go against set rules in a fight and fights with very old-fashioned but effective techniques.
Weapon(s): Grey has a large battle axe that detaches into a flail-like weapon in which Grey can swing the blade around on a chain.
Other (Include inspiration, any fun facts about their name or design, and if you want, Backstory!): Jenny Grey is a donkey faunus who is inspired by the fable 'Donkeyskin'. Her last name relates to a color, grey, while her first name does not. Her semblance is referred to as 'Fortify' and is a temporary state Grey can enter that renders her skin and bones impenetrable. However, she is unable to move or react when she's activated her Semblance and therefore likes to use it as a last-ditch effort in hopes to wear out her opponents. She's from Vacuo, which is a pretty rowdy place. Her mother was a Huntress just like her mother before her, and Grey hopes to continue the line using her hand-me-down cape, her hand-me-down weapon, and the fighting skills her mother taught her.

I might make another character but here's my first one!!

And Ravenoid, the card looks great!!

ravenoid-ish

• ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
« Reply #27 on: December 12, 2017, 12:36:45 PM »

Cool, I'm also down to make another character if y'all want to have another team or if anyone else joins

U-126

« Reply #28 on: December 12, 2017, 12:39:48 PM »

Could i have a boisterous, loud-mouthed ship captain who adheres to the traditions and customs of the sea and fires magical torpedoes out of a hand-launched torpedo system? Bonus points if she has an eye patch?
Ich bin ein Wolf auf die Suche!

GreyCaboose

• lIKE ZOINKS SCOOB
« Reply #29 on: December 12, 2017, 01:17:07 PM »

Well, considering she's gotta be or be younger than 17, she probably couldn't be a ship captain, but she could totally have a backstory on the water!! and is a hand-launched torpedo system like a bazooka? Because that sounds pretty cool!! And yes bonus points of she has an eye patch!!!
Pages: 1 [2] 3