Scott Westerfeld Forum

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5

Author Topic: Huntsmen and Huntresses (RWBY RP!!)  (Read 6848 times)

ChaoticRhymer

Re: Huntsmen and Huntresses (RWBY RP!!)
« Reply #45 on: December 25, 2017, 11:12:01 AM »

Changed it.
Do not meddle in the affairs of dragons, for you are crunchy and taste good with ketchup.

"Blessed are the legend-makers, for they are not found within recorded time": J.R.R. Tolkien.

GreyCaboose

• neeheehee
« Reply #46 on: December 25, 2017, 11:22:26 AM »

Awesome!! Sorry if I seem pushy, but thank you!!

GreyCaboose

• neeheehee
« Reply #47 on: December 25, 2017, 11:31:16 AM »

Now the only one left is Blitz!

And so far we have:

Sherwood Greene - Main Color: Green - Inspo: Robin Hood
Jet Moderatus - Main Color: Black - Inspo: Mordred 
Alabaster Nimbus - Main Color: White - Inspo: Albatross 
Jenny Grey - Main Color: Grey - Inspo: Donkeyskin 
Phoenix Elder - Main Color: Orange - Inspo: The Little Match Girl
Ianthine Lamprydae - Main Color: Purple - Inspo: The Firefly's Lovers
Alice Saphiras  - Main Color: Blue - Inspo: Alice In Wonderland 

This is great so far!!

ChaoticRhymer

« Reply #48 on: December 25, 2017, 11:38:55 AM »

It was a little hard to decide what character to do for this last one. I almost did a genderbent Little John, and a Fawnus with no real inspiration other than some vague connection to the Wild Hunt.
Do not meddle in the affairs of dragons, for you are crunchy and taste good with ketchup.

"Blessed are the legend-makers, for they are not found within recorded time": J.R.R. Tolkien.

GreyCaboose

• neeheehee
« Reply #49 on: December 25, 2017, 11:51:01 AM »

I understand entirely! Fairy Tales can be a little difficult to draw inspiration from at times!

Imperial Star Destroyer

« Reply #50 on: December 27, 2017, 02:21:48 AM »

Sorry everyone >.<

Name: Captain Sophie Aquaous
Age (Most Beacon Academy students are around 17): 18
Theme Color: Aqua
Appearance (Include their clothing and hair and such!): Sophie is short, around 5'1". She's thin and tanned, with freckles, though surprisingly strong and calloused from her years at sea. She has short, messy red hair and a dark forest green eye. Her face is round and would be babyish if not for the missing left eye and the scar running over it. She has the tattoo of a warship on her left arm and one of an anchor/mariners compass on her right arm. She typically wears a captains uniform for more formal gatherings, but will settle for a sleeveless, blue t-shirt and blue camo pants with deck shoes in any other setting. Regardless, she still wears her captains hat and an eyepatch, though she's no pirate.
Personality: impulsive at times, can have a temper. She really does care though, and likes to meet new people and go to new places despite her rough exterior. Sophie has a sense of adventure.
Weapon(s): 2 flintlock-style pistols she keeps as personal arms (though theyre modified to be significantly more reliable).
Other (Include inspiration, any fun facts about their name or design, and if you want, Backstory!):  Although vague on her past (to be revealed), Sophie has her own ship-for hire, a beautiful destroyer by the name of the Black Dragon. She's very proud of her ship. Her Semblance allows her to talk to and somewhat control ships (though they don't always listen). Her own ship tends to listen better than those that aren't hers, but not always. It's just as impulsive and brash as she is. What she doesn't know is that the ship is the reincarnation of an infamous pirate's ship, the name of the ship carrying on the spiteful privateer spirit. And though she's not a pirate, that doesn't mean she isn't tempted.... Sophie carries her ship inside a glass bottle filled with water when on land...smashing it results in the ship coming to its full size.

Ok, there we go. Let me know if I need to change or add anything. Sophie is based on me :D
« Last Edit: December 27, 2017, 01:17:54 PM by U-126 »
Anyone need a planet glassed?

GreyCaboose

• neeheehee
« Reply #51 on: December 27, 2017, 06:28:25 AM »

This is great, but the theme all the other characters have gone by is fairy takes! Could you tamper with Sophie's character a wee bit to have her more closely fit a fairy tale?

Imperial Star Destroyer

« Reply #52 on: December 27, 2017, 06:43:34 AM »

I can't think of a fairytale that involves a scruffy chock or a sea captain :/ if it's based on being fairy tale inspired then I'm sorry but I guess I can't be much use then.

GreyCaboose

• neeheehee
« Reply #53 on: December 27, 2017, 07:21:14 AM »

I can think of a few if it helps! Treasure Island, Peter Pan, The Legend of Blackbeard, Ching Shih, Moby Dick, The Kraken, The Dread Pirate Roberts, even The Little Mermaid, since she's associated with the sea! Characters don't have to be 100% based off the fairy tale or legend as long as there's just a few references in maybe the name, the backstory, or design!

Imperial Star Destroyer

« Reply #54 on: December 27, 2017, 09:24:48 AM »

How about making her ship a reincarnation of Blackbeard's ship? And she gets tempted to pirate?

GreyCaboose

• neeheehee
« Reply #55 on: December 27, 2017, 12:59:58 PM »

Oh, well, there's no actual Blackbeard in the world of RWBY! In RWBY, the fictional world of Remnant doesn't have too much relation to the real world. There's five continents and a bunch of open ocean, though! Continent-wise, there's Atlas, which is very high-tech and military-esque and would be good for a military-oriented character to come from!! But there aren't real figures in the world of RWBY. The place is entirely fictional! However, there are pirates, and perhaps, if she's being tempted to pirate, she comes from a family of pirates and has rejected their ways? It'd be good for the backstory and add to character! I'd have no issue if her ship used to be the ship of a famous pirate! Although I don't know about the reincarnation of them. Also, the school of Beacon isn't really close to the sea, although it is coastal. How or where would Sophie keep her ship around, if at all?

Imperial Star Destroyer

« Reply #56 on: December 27, 2017, 01:13:38 PM »

Maybe she uses the same technique from the Pirates of the Caribbean with the ship in the bottle thing.
« Last Edit: December 27, 2017, 01:23:11 PM by U-126 »

GreyCaboose

• neeheehee
« Reply #57 on: December 27, 2017, 02:46:43 PM »

hh yeah! Maybe it's some cool Futuristic Atlas Tech Ship-In-A-Bottle trick!

Imperial Star Destroyer

« Reply #58 on: December 27, 2017, 09:30:43 PM »

Yeah. I'm thinking the ship wants to pirate too and is trying to get her in the family business...

And if her family is made up of famous pirates and the ship I'd a famous pirate ship, other mariners like certain fishermen will recognize the family and ship name.... :v

GreyCaboose

• neeheehee
« Reply #59 on: December 28, 2017, 01:09:38 AM »

Yes!!!!! That sounds awesome!!
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5