Scott Westerfeld Forum

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 14

Author Topic: Vestige: A Cabbieverse Choose Your Own Adventure...Type Thing!!  (Read 4063 times)

GreyCaboose

• lIKE ZOINKS SCOOB
Vestige: A Cabbieverse Choose Your Own Adventure...Type Thing!!
« on: November 20, 2016, 03:24:07 PM »

Hi! Cabbie here, and with exactly 1 supportive friend I'm producing this trainwreck!
Even before I watched the movie Suicide Squad I loved its main concept. Now having watched it, I'm very disappointed with how it handled pretty much everything and I got the idea that, with a whole lotta help from my friends here, I can play the concept much better! And what better way to do this than to shove it into the Cabbieverse??? Heck yeah!!!
So, in this Choose Your Own Adventure type RP, we'll get to guide one unlucky individual through a very very unfortunate adventure full of cameos, coarse language, and other Cabbieverse things! Warning that some themes could ve rather mature depending on how one plays.

This RP is tailored to the choices you make. Your decisions will have an impact on the story and characters.

Vestige will remember that...

Let's start!

~

"Hands on your head." She says coldly, gun cocked and ready to fire. You have just killed one of the men who was attempting to prevent your escape.

You have been kidnapped and have just a few moments ago awoken in an unfamiliar area surrounded by armed guards - Their uniforms say PRIDE. They have guns, which you dislike, and you do not know why they have you. It looks like you're in some form of heavily guarded underground prison system, which isn't reassuring either.

They seriously can't be blaming you for this behavior. Can they?

The woman primed and ready to shoot your head off seems to be their commander - A Latina lady, perhaps, with a very angry look into her eyes.

Your name is Vestige, and whatever's going on, they can't do this to you.

"You can't do this to me," You say. "I'm -

A) A member of the Death Council" Note: This adds to your power but limits your abilities and drastically lowers relationships with other characters. This choice also increases the chances of someone trying to break you out, but is it worth it?
B) Just a normal person" This lowers some relationships but leaves powers and abilities still on the table. But who would want to just be normal?
C) A monster, I could kill you in a heartbeat" Drastically lowers some relationships, but greatly adds to your power and leaves your abilities very open for choosing later. Whether or not someone tries to save you depends on your choices in this route.

Which one are you? Choose wisely (Abilities will form later depending on your choices/selected background)
pull the trigger, piglet,

GreyCaboose

• lIKE ZOINKS SCOOB
Re: Vestige: A Cabbieverse Choose Your Own Adventure...Type Thing!!
« Reply #1 on: November 20, 2016, 03:24:37 PM »

(obligatory glitch post!!)

Julia The Bookworm

• There are choices in life, and I take some of them
« Reply #2 on: November 20, 2016, 04:25:03 PM »

A normal person?
Let's go with that.

GreyCaboose

• lIKE ZOINKS SCOOB
« Reply #3 on: November 20, 2016, 04:35:12 PM »

"I'm just a normal person."

The woman with the gun narrows her eyes.

"Sure you are. That's exactly why you're being locked up in one of my top jails. Everyone knows just plain normal people all deserve that. Everyone knows just plain normal people can kill one of my favorite agents in less than a second."

You look down at the man you murdered. His name tag says 'ADAM'

"...I was scared." You try. But the woman simply shakes her head.

"You're really not helping yourself. I mean, if you wanted me to be nice, you could've at least been honest, could've thrown me a bone." She motions to the other guards and they get closer to you, pointing their guns towards you. "At least you didn't make too much of a mess. Now please, just follow me, and try not to kill anyone else - Give me some reason to like you."

You chose to claim you were normal. Commander Carla will remember that.

A) "You're a huge jerk."
B) "Why am I here?"
C) "..."

Gentlebiscuit

« Reply #4 on: November 20, 2016, 11:25:45 PM »

C, I can't imagine the other options will calm her down

Hiss.

GreyCaboose

• lIKE ZOINKS SCOOB
« Reply #5 on: November 21, 2016, 01:18:27 AM »

You lower your eyes to the floor and say nothing as you're led on by the guards. While you do want to make sarcastic commentary, or ask why you're here, you've decided that staying quiet is the easiest route.

"It took a while to actually get our hands on you." Carla noted. "Although you weren't hard to track."

A) "I never killed anyone."
B) "You can't just lock me up like this - Someone'll come for me."
C) "I didn't do anything."

The Primal Song Continues

« Reply #6 on: November 21, 2016, 01:50:42 AM »

B.
Do not meddle in the affairs of dragons, for you are crunchy and taste good with ketchup.

One must never tolerate evil. For first, evil is tolerated; then embraced, then ailed as being good, then it becomes unlawful to do what is actually good.

GreyCaboose

• lIKE ZOINKS SCOOB
« Reply #7 on: November 21, 2016, 02:57:36 AM »

"You can't just lock me up like this!" You protest, although you continue walking. "Someone'll come for me!"

Carla looks back at you and raises an eyebrow.

"Oh. Really? Because last you said, you were...What was it? 'Just a normal person'? Who would risk their life just for that, eh?"

Commander Carla will remember your warning.

"Ugh." Carla seems to be looking at some papers as she walks. "I keep telling them to type these things. But do they listen? Do they listen?? Nooo, even though their handwriting looks like scribbles they INSIST on writing this shit. Hey, where are you from? The hometown section looks like it's written 'Ontario' but oh my god I wouldn't be able to tell if my life depended on it."

A) "Ontario."
B) "Ojurheim"
C) "Actually, I'm from Maine."
D) "..."

« Reply #8 on: November 21, 2016, 10:52:52 AM »

C.
Do not meddle in the affairs of dragons, for you are crunchy and taste good with ketchup.

One must never tolerate evil. For first, evil is tolerated; then embraced, then ailed as being good, then it becomes unlawful to do what is actually good.

GreyCaboose

• lIKE ZOINKS SCOOB
« Reply #9 on: November 21, 2016, 11:20:34 AM »

"Actually, I'm from Maine." You explain. Carla looks back at you and laughs.

"Well, I admit I wasn't expecting that. Would've thought you to be from Misery Fell or Los Vegas or Hell or something." She shook her head. "Damn, if this scribble here is supposed to be Maine these idiots' handwriting is even worse than I thought."

You look down again.

"Where exactly in Maine? Specific city?"

"Just a little town by a lake." You shrug.

"Damn, creeps like you really can come from anywhere." The Commander sifts through the papers again. "What about your last name? I mean, everyone here knows you're 'Vestige', which is fine - Real unique and all, but like...Is that a mononym?"

A) "I don't have to tell you that."
B) "My last name's Hillcrest."
C) "It's a mononym."
D) "My last name's Weselwick."

« Reply #10 on: November 21, 2016, 11:42:34 AM »

A.

GreyCaboose

• lIKE ZOINKS SCOOB
« Reply #11 on: November 21, 2016, 11:58:36 AM »

(I gotta say, you guys are really setting up Vestige to be Mx. Mysterioso here - No relations or abilities confirmed whatsoever)

"I don't have to tell you that." You sneer. Carla shrugs.

"Actually, I mean, you do. Considering you're not allowed to withhold information from people like me. But I suppose that's fine if you want to, you've done a lot of things people aren't allowed to do already." The Commander seems annoyed. "I mean, I was just trying to strike up a friendly conversation, but if you want to be a closed-off asshole, you can be a closed-off asshole. We've got a lot of those down here."

You were curt with Carla. She will remember that.

"So you're from Maine, you won't tell me about your real identity, can you at least tell me what made you turn to a life of international crime of both the magical and nonmagic sort? And don't play the 'It wasn't me' card, we both know the truth."

A) "I never did anything wrong."
B) "Everyone I killed deserved it."
C) "The straight and narrow's boring."
D) "..."

Gentlebiscuit

« Reply #12 on: November 21, 2016, 12:07:16 PM »

A

Hiss.

GreyCaboose

• lIKE ZOINKS SCOOB
« Reply #13 on: November 21, 2016, 12:10:35 PM »

"I never did anything wrong." You counter. Carla seems to be getting tired of you.

"Really. Really. You take a look at all the people who's lives you've destroyed and tell them everything you did was right."

You denied being a criminal. Carla will remember that.

A) "I don't know what you're talking about. I never hurt anyone."
B) "They deserved it."
C)  "..."

Gentlebiscuit

« Reply #14 on: November 21, 2016, 12:14:01 PM »

A

Hiss.
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 14