Scott Westerfeld Forum

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 14

Author Topic: Vestige: A Cabbieverse Choose Your Own Adventure...Type Thing!!  (Read 4090 times)

GreyCaboose

  • Hero Member
  • *****
  • Posts: 7933
  • lIKE ZOINKS SCOOB
Re: Vestige: A Cabbieverse Choose Your Own Adventure...Type Thing!!
« Reply #15 on: November 21, 2016, 12:47:15 PM »

"I don't know what you're talking about." You frown. "I never hurt anyone."

"Sure." Carla huffs. "You make me sick."

You denied your crimes. Carla will remember that.

"We're getting close to your cell." She brings up after a prolonged moment of silent walking. "Get ready to meet your neighbors."

You turn a corner with the group and notice three cells - The middle one is empty. The cell to the right of the empty one contains a young dark-haired pale man. His eyes are narrowed and knowing, fixing on you the second you turn the corner. Some form of raw meat has been viciously torn into on the desk in his cell, and various papers with various scribbles on them have been tossed haphazardly around his room. He seems like a normal individual, until you notice the sharp teeth and cow tail.

Oh.

The other cell, the one to the left of the empty one, contains a very flamboyantly-dressed individual with an unreasonable amount of bushy, curly black hair that, when worn down, makes its way all the way to the floor. Their skin is dark, their eye shadow is winged sharp enough to kill a man, their beard is at a nice stubbly beginning, and their gender is remarkably ambiguous. In one hand they're holding some sort of apple, and they seem very focused on it.

A) "Is that where I'm staying?" (Talking about the empty cell)
B) "Who's tall, dark, and bloodstained over there?" (Talking about cow tail man)
C) "What's the one with the afro looking at?" (Talking about the afro witch)
Logged
pull the trigger, piglet,

Gentlebiscuit

  • Hero Member
  • *****
  • Posts: 20826
Re: Vestige: A Cabbieverse Choose Your Own Adventure...Type Thing!!
« Reply #16 on: November 21, 2016, 01:10:09 PM »

B
Logged

Hiss.

GreyCaboose

  • Hero Member
  • *****
  • Posts: 7933
  • lIKE ZOINKS SCOOB
Re: Vestige: A Cabbieverse Choose Your Own Adventure...Type Thing!!
« Reply #17 on: November 21, 2016, 01:32:06 PM »

"Who's tall, dark and bloodstained over there?" You ask, raising an eyebrow.

"His name's Collin Skoglund, although he insists we call him Lund, for reasons I couldn't care less about." Carla explains. "Escaped his peaceful home in Ojurheim to go on a 14-year-long heist, murder, and drug trafficking spree. He's killed about 247 humans and 72 monsters, and those are only confirmed. We're sure he has lots more on his head."

Lund smirks and winks at you.

"What...is he?" You ask.

"Well, he looks like one of those cow people from Scandinavia, but as far as we know Hulderfolk don't live off blood. Our best guess right now is some kind of vampire-hulder chimera or something, although he's very insistent on what he is. Watch this -" Carla raises her hand to her mouth to shout, prompting the afro person to yelp and drop their apple. "Hey! Hulder boy!"

As if on cue, Lund puts his bloodstained hands on his hips and huffs, some bloody saliva escaping his mouth.

"I am not a Hulder!" He protests, cow tail flicking angrily. "Gods, how hard is it to say 'Skogsrå'?!? It's skogsrå!!"

"See? A real riot, it's hilarious riling him up." The guards next to you snicker in agreement.

A) "Yeah, that is pretty funny!"
B) "Don't be rude, he's clearly sensitive about it."
C) "You made the afro guy drop their apple."
Logged
pull the trigger, piglet,

Gentlebiscuit

  • Hero Member
  • *****
  • Posts: 20826
Re: Vestige: A Cabbieverse Choose Your Own Adventure...Type Thing!!
« Reply #18 on: November 21, 2016, 01:36:32 PM »

[Dangit I confused A and B v_v]

C
Logged

Hiss.

GreyCaboose

  • Hero Member
  • *****
  • Posts: 7933
  • lIKE ZOINKS SCOOB
Re: Vestige: A Cabbieverse Choose Your Own Adventure...Type Thing!!
« Reply #19 on: November 21, 2016, 01:49:52 PM »

"You made the afro guy drop their apple." You point out. Carla glances at 'afro guy', who seems to be cradling the apple close and rocking back and forth on their knees.

"That's just Walpurgis." She crosses her arms. "She has us get her apples every month, won't tell us why, and always ends up getting mad when something happens and suddenly the apple isn't perfect anymore."

"She seems upset."

"She'll get over it."

Walpurgis seems very upset. You're don't think she'll ever get over it. You don't think she's gotten over it since she dropped her first apple she had.

A) "I don't think so."
B) "Yeah, she will."
C) "Why is she here? Apple homicide?"
D) "Yeah, uh, let's talk about Lund."
Logged
pull the trigger, piglet,

Gentlebiscuit

  • Hero Member
  • *****
  • Posts: 20826
Re: Vestige: A Cabbieverse Choose Your Own Adventure...Type Thing!!
« Reply #20 on: November 21, 2016, 01:50:30 PM »

C
Logged

Hiss.

GreyCaboose

  • Hero Member
  • *****
  • Posts: 7933
  • lIKE ZOINKS SCOOB
Re: Vestige: A Cabbieverse Choose Your Own Adventure...Type Thing!!
« Reply #21 on: November 21, 2016, 02:05:49 PM »

"Why is she here?" You ask, confusedly. "Apple homicide?"

"Sort of." Carla smirks. "She and her sister are mages. As in, witches who sacrifice humans and such? Yeah, she and Sheila got pretty dangerous before we managed to track them down. Although...we don't have her sister yet."

Walpurgis angrily chucks the apple at the wall. It explodes. Dang.

A) "These....Are my neighbors."
B) "This is great!"
C) "Can I get a different cell?"
Logged
pull the trigger, piglet,

Gentlebiscuit

  • Hero Member
  • *****
  • Posts: 20826
Re: Vestige: A Cabbieverse Choose Your Own Adventure...Type Thing!!
« Reply #22 on: November 21, 2016, 02:07:09 PM »

C
Logged

Hiss.

GreyCaboose

  • Hero Member
  • *****
  • Posts: 7933
  • lIKE ZOINKS SCOOB
Re: Vestige: A Cabbieverse Choose Your Own Adventure...Type Thing!!
« Reply #23 on: November 21, 2016, 02:15:02 PM »

"Can...Can I get a different cell?" You ask, unsure of how nice of neighbors these two will be. "Pretty please!"

"Haha. No." Carla smirks. "Tony, Mulder?"

The two guards shove you into the cell - It's not like the cells in movies. Huh. There are no bars, instead it's plexiglass. There are windows (thick plexiglass windows, but windows) to see into both Lund's and Walpurgis' rooms. Your bed looks uncomfortable. The cell feels too small.

"Hey!" You hear Lund hiss. You solemnly watch as the guard leave and you maintain an uneasy eye contact with the unrelenting Carla. She...really does not like you. Slowly, after what seems to be an eternity, the commander takes her leave.

"Hey!!" You hear Lund hiss again.

A) Respond to Lund
B) Check to see if Walpurgis is feeling alright
C) Sit down on your bed and ignore them both.
Logged
pull the trigger, piglet,

Gentlebiscuit

  • Hero Member
  • *****
  • Posts: 20826
Re: Vestige: A Cabbieverse Choose Your Own Adventure...Type Thing!!
« Reply #24 on: November 21, 2016, 02:15:38 PM »

A
Logged

Hiss.

GreyCaboose

  • Hero Member
  • *****
  • Posts: 7933
  • lIKE ZOINKS SCOOB
Re: Vestige: A Cabbieverse Choose Your Own Adventure...Type Thing!!
« Reply #25 on: November 21, 2016, 02:35:09 PM »

"What's up?" You ask, heading over to the window where Lund is.

"What're you in here for?" Lund asks, curiosity rising over his blood stained features.

A) "I hurt a lot of people."
B) "Nothing, I'm innocent."
C) "I killed a lot of people."
D) "..."
Logged
pull the trigger, piglet,

Gentlebiscuit

  • Hero Member
  • *****
  • Posts: 20826
Re: Vestige: A Cabbieverse Choose Your Own Adventure...Type Thing!!
« Reply #26 on: November 21, 2016, 02:35:40 PM »

B
Logged

Hiss.

GreyCaboose

  • Hero Member
  • *****
  • Posts: 7933
  • lIKE ZOINKS SCOOB
Re: Vestige: A Cabbieverse Choose Your Own Adventure...Type Thing!!
« Reply #27 on: November 21, 2016, 02:52:32 PM »

(Y'all're really tryna put Vestige in the Good light!)

"Nothing." You shake your head. "I'm innocent."

"You..." Lund smiles a smile that says 'Yeah, right'. "...Sure. And I'm Walpurgis' sister."

"ARE YOU?!" Cries Walpurgis from the other cell.

"Go back to mourning your apple!" Lund yells back. Walpurgis goes back to mourning her apple. "Anyways. Yeah, I shouldn't have started with that sort of question, yes - But you can trust me, I'm a good person, I keep secrets."

You shake your head.

"I'm really innocent." You respond.

"Of course you are." Lund sighs. "What's your name?"

You once again claimed innocence. Lund will remember that.

A) "Vestige Hillcrest"
B) "...."
C) "Vestige Weselwick"
D) "Vestige"
Logged
pull the trigger, piglet,

Gentlebiscuit

  • Hero Member
  • *****
  • Posts: 20826
Re: Vestige: A Cabbieverse Choose Your Own Adventure...Type Thing!!
« Reply #28 on: November 21, 2016, 02:53:41 PM »

D
Logged

Hiss.

GreyCaboose

  • Hero Member
  • *****
  • Posts: 7933
  • lIKE ZOINKS SCOOB
Re: Vestige: A Cabbieverse Choose Your Own Adventure...Type Thing!!
« Reply #29 on: November 21, 2016, 03:48:26 PM »

"Vestige." You reply.

"Vestige? What, is that like a mononym or something?" Lund raises a brow.

"...Sure." You say.

The two of you appear to be out of conversation starters.

A) "So, you're from Ojurheim?"
B) "Are you and Walpurgis friends?"
C) "Why are there only three cells here?"
D) Go talk to Walpurgis instead
Logged
pull the trigger, piglet,
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 14