Scott Westerfeld Forum

Author Topic: Strange Mysteries  (Read 409 times)

Starbuck

• Resident pilot
Strange Mysteries
« on: December 01, 2016, 01:31:22 PM »

I just wanted to start a thread where we could talk about paranormal or supernatural occurrences we have heard about or witnessed. Anything from government conspiracies, UFO sightings, ghosts, or something you think is deserving of being looked into. I personally have seen one UFO in my hunt for the truth and my dorm room looks more like Mulder's office off the X-Files than a college students room. Anyway if you have an interesting case you want to discuss or just speculate on why people think they see these strange things like ghosts and UFOs you can start here! Believers and skeptics especially are welcome! And remember, the truth is out there.

The Primal Song Continues

Re: Strange Mysteries
« Reply #1 on: December 01, 2016, 01:44:25 PM »

as a cryptozoology nut, I'm in.
Do not meddle in the affairs of dragons, for you are crunchy and taste good with ketchup.

One must never tolerate evil. For first, evil is tolerated; then embraced, then ailed as being good, then it becomes unlawful to do what is actually good.

Starbuck

• Resident pilot
« Reply #2 on: December 01, 2016, 01:48:22 PM »

I too have investigated cryptozoology. Do you have any interests in cryptids with claimed supernatural origins like the Jersey Devil or the Wendigo?

« Reply #3 on: December 01, 2016, 01:56:37 PM »

to an extent. My main interest is in Sasquatch and Dogman.
Do not meddle in the affairs of dragons, for you are crunchy and taste good with ketchup.

One must never tolerate evil. For first, evil is tolerated; then embraced, then ailed as being good, then it becomes unlawful to do what is actually good.

Starbuck

• Resident pilot
« Reply #4 on: December 01, 2016, 02:00:49 PM »

The Michigan Dogman?

« Reply #5 on: December 01, 2016, 02:13:29 PM »

They're not confined to Michigan. they're all over the place.

Starbuck

• Resident pilot
« Reply #6 on: December 01, 2016, 02:18:37 PM »

I agree but there do seem to be more frequent sightings in Michigan even going as far back to the late 1800's.

GreyCaboose

• lIKE ZOINKS SCOOB
« Reply #7 on: December 02, 2016, 11:46:26 AM »

Oooooh, a wonderful thread! I personally take great interest in many cryptids, such as The Jersey Devil, Mothman, the Hopkinsville goblin, and other creatures that aren't as commonly known - I also take interest in learning about creatures of folklore and various forms of mythology!

Have you seen the recent supposed Mothman sighting pictures? They're much more clear and believable than the supposed Jersey Devil pics!
pull the trigger, piglet,

Starbuck

• Resident pilot
« Reply #8 on: December 02, 2016, 12:34:45 PM »

No! can you send a link or post the pics! I love Mothman.

GreyCaboose

• lIKE ZOINKS SCOOB
« Reply #9 on: December 02, 2016, 01:51:09 PM »

Here they are! Unsure if they're new new, but they certainly are recent in my discovery of them. They don't seem incredibly real in my opinion...The wings look too short to support flight. But I could be wrong!
pull the trigger, piglet,

Starbuck

• Resident pilot
« Reply #10 on: December 02, 2016, 03:27:33 PM »

I would have to agree. The first image looks as though it could be a bat viewed at a awkward angle but the second image seems more interesting with the legs looking fairly humanoid. But both images seem to have somewhat abrupt change to the pixelation around the entity common with faked UFO images but I'm not a professional analyst so i cant be sure. I still believe there is some credibility to the Mothman theory based on the string of sightings in Point Pleasant.