Scott Westerfeld Forum

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 18

Author Topic: Super Scout Magical....Third Time's the Charm!!!  (Read 5147 times)

GreyCaboose

• lIKE ZOINKS SCOOB
Re: Super Scout Magical....Third Time's the Charm!!!
« Reply #30 on: January 19, 2017, 04:03:39 AM »

That's good to hear!
pull the trigger, piglet,

Panzercrappitastica

• Westerforum Resident Exalt
« Reply #31 on: January 19, 2017, 04:33:56 AM »

Still in! My essay is due on Sunday so I should be able to make a card next week
Purple-handed peep Volger with a flash tattoo hoverboarding around the Lynx in the blue hour with adreneline coursing through his penguins while failing to own the sunset! In a hoop skirt.

Pan the Imperial Bucket Holder

"Early to bed, early to rise, early to plan the world's demise"
- Catvomitsky

GreyCaboose

• lIKE ZOINKS SCOOB
« Reply #32 on: January 20, 2017, 04:43:59 AM »

Oh, alright! It's good to know you're still in!!
Here - In order to keep things going, and since I have no idea who's taking who aside from Opal, I'm going to make a Scout to help out, offer an example card, and just keep things alive.

Name: Aaron Curie
Scout Title: Scout Zircon
Personality: Aaron is a quiet fellow and a genius with technology, they're just a little bad at talking and relating to other people. Their favorite pastime is playing pranks on their friends and drinking cherry Pepsi. They're afraid of death and the vastness of space, and their favorite animal is the screaming hairy armadillo. Aaron is a tired individual, staying up usually until morning to mess around on the internet and look up pictures of armadillos. While they're by no means antisocial, and they don't dislike people, they often find themself unable to relate to most others and can seem a little blunt and secretive. Truth be told, they don't do secrets and don't try to be rude - If they have something to say they'll say it, but they don't mean it to be mean. They also really love webcomics.
Appearance (Not Transformed): Aaron has dark short and choppy black hair and dark skin with tired-looking hazel eyes. They're thin and willowy and tend to wear dull colors. They have long delicate fingers and and a long, slender face. Their lips are rather thin and they have long eyelashes.
Dress Colors: Light blue and teal with some bright neon green.
Other: Aaron is genderfluid, and will alternate between they, he, and she pronouns throughout the RP. Their last name, Curie, comes from the fact that some parts of Zircon are radioactive.

Panzercrappitastica

« Reply #33 on: January 22, 2017, 11:35:36 AM »

My essay's done, so I am good to go! Can I take Scout Pearl?
Purple-handed peep Volger with a flash tattoo hoverboarding around the Lynx in the blue hour with adreneline coursing through his penguins while failing to own the sunset! In a hoop skirt.

- Catvomitsky

GreyCaboose

• lIKE ZOINKS SCOOB
« Reply #34 on: January 22, 2017, 12:55:11 PM »

Of course!!! ^v^!!!

Panzercrappitastica

« Reply #35 on: January 22, 2017, 02:53:32 PM »

Name: Maggie Lamar
Scout title: Scout Pearl
Personality: Shy and quiet, but also very clingy when she knows someone. She sticks like glue to people she knows when they're there, or to the wall when they're not. Maggie is terrified of letting people down, so she takes responsibilities very seriously, though she never knows when to stop and take time for herself. This all results in someone who's very dependable, but not terribly interesting to be around. In private, though, Maggie dreams big and works hard to get where she wants to be. She's hoping to be an astronaut, or at least involved in space missions.
Appearance: Short and willowy, with fluffy off-white hair framing a round face. Her pale skin does nothing to hide a frequent blush. Faint freckles are smattered across her cheeks and nose. Large, drooping, grey-blue eyes. A gap between her front teeth leads to a slight lisp. She dresses very plainly in muted colors so as not to be noticed, with the exception of a simple silver necklace and small pearl earrings.
Dress colors: Iridescent pastel pinks and blues, with some similarly light yellow highlights.
Other: Really, really loves cats.

Is this all good? Also I have some vague ideas for emerald if no one else wants to play them.
« Last Edit: January 24, 2017, 01:40:00 PM by Panzercrappitastica »

- Catvomitsky

GreyCaboose

• lIKE ZOINKS SCOOB
« Reply #36 on: January 23, 2017, 04:29:52 AM »

She's perfect!!! And yes I'd love to hear your ideas for Emerald! I will also take Diamond if nobody else wants them.

Panzercrappitastica

« Reply #37 on: January 23, 2017, 03:24:39 PM »

How well-known are the Scouts? Like is it a saving the world on the down-low thing, or are they public superheroes, or something in between? And if it's on the down-low, is it out of necessity or just because people don't notice? Also, do the Scouts have to keep their identities hidden?

- Catvomitsky

GreyCaboose

• lIKE ZOINKS SCOOB
« Reply #38 on: January 24, 2017, 04:40:21 AM »

Good questions!

The RP will start with the Scouts being virtually unknown and they will grow in popularity as the Hainjardin grow more dangerous and their feats grow more amazing and they save more lives, if that makes sense. So basically in the beginning the Hainjardin the Scouts take down don't cause too much public attention, or at the least when there is attention it's not directed towards the Scouts/aliens (since people start off not knowing about them) and it's more like....'Large phone company building suffers intense damage after unexplainable explosion!'. But as things get bigger people will notice the monsters and heroes and the Scouts will eventually become known.
At first it being on the down-low is a mix of both those - People don't really notice due to the Hainjardin masters of illusion magic and manipulation, and keeping things down low is also important since mass hysteria about alien invasions will only make things easier for the Hainjardin.
And yes! It's incredibly important for the Scouts to keep their identity secret - The magic that they use cloaks their identity well enough for people to be unable to match their faces to civilians, but can only take the Scouts so far as that's pretty much where it stops. If their identity becomes known the Hainjardin would be able to find Scouts' friends and family and hurt them - Or worse. So yeah, I hope that answers your questions!!

Panzercrappitastica

« Reply #39 on: January 24, 2017, 06:15:16 AM »

Okay good to know

- Catvomitsky

Panzercrappitastica

« Reply #40 on: January 24, 2017, 07:28:49 AM »

Does this work?

Name: Katherine (Kit) Ashley
Scout Title: Scout Emerald
Personality: Kit really likes to put herself out there. She's joined at the hip with her cell phone, a portal to social media, and almost constantly snaps selfies. Very self-confident, she loves to be the center of attention, but also puts her friends on public pedestals to draw attention to them. She doesn't always listen to whether these friends want this attention, but she does it out if love. She's just a little oblivious to others' feelings. She tries to do good, but it's less for the sake of doing good snd more for the positive attention. It's not to say she doesn't have morals, just that she's easily peer pressured.
Appearance: Dark skin and darker hair, cropled close on the sides and back, and a little longer in the front. Tallish and heavyset. Tends to dress in bright tops and jeans or shorts. Always wears round yellow-green glasses and a silver ring with an emerald stone on her left middle finger.
Dress colors: White and a slightly bluish green, with some gold highlights.
Other: Runs official social media accounts for the scouts.
« Last Edit: January 24, 2017, 01:40:15 PM by Panzercrappitastica »

- Catvomitsky

GreyCaboose

• lIKE ZOINKS SCOOB
« Reply #41 on: January 24, 2017, 12:26:19 PM »

Perfect! Although one thing with the titles for your characters: It's not [Jewel] Scout, it's Scout [Jewel] - Sorry if I made that confusing in the first post with all of the 'The [Jewel] Scout' before with me trying to sound proper and such - Sorry!!

Anyways, looks awesome! If nobody else wants Diamond, I'll work on their card!

Panzercrappitastica

« Reply #42 on: January 24, 2017, 01:39:41 PM »

Good to know; I'll fix my cards!

- Catvomitsky

GreyCaboose

• lIKE ZOINKS SCOOB
« Reply #43 on: January 25, 2017, 03:21:55 AM »

Alright! I'll fix up a Diamond!!

Name: Joel Hope
Scout Title: Scout Diamond
Personality: A dog. Joel is a gentle giant, loves sports, and will probably melt if you pet his head. He loves to help, he loves to be active, and will try to be friends with pretty much everyone. He loves animals of all kinds and will try to pet them all, and he enjoys sunny days. He can seem a bit too naive about most things and often doesn't fully grasp serious situations that well. He is knowledgeable on most sports and most magical girl animes, so this is kind of a dream come true.
Appearance: Joel is over 6 feet at least, moderately buff, and overall not the kind of guy you'd expect to see in a Scout uniform. He's got wide blue eyes and short hair dyed a pale blue. He likes to wear casual clothes - tight-fitting shirts and cargo pants and such.
Dress colors: Pink with blue and white.
Other: While he bears many similarities to the character Beau from another RP (which I only just realized) he's very different. His surname references the Hope Diamond.

GreyCaboose

• lIKE ZOINKS SCOOB
« Reply #44 on: January 26, 2017, 09:33:34 AM »

Okay! Lee, do you want us to wait for your card to be posted, or would you want us to start?
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 18