Scott Westerfeld Forum

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 28

Author Topic: Tapestry (Riordanverse RP)  (Read 7672 times)

GreyCaboose

• lIKE ZOINKS SCOOB
Re: Tapestry (Riordanverse RP)
« Reply #15 on: February 09, 2017, 09:27:42 AM »

Im debating between all of them lmao. I think I'll probably do either Greek/Roman or Valhalla.

You can have two characters if you want!

(Also I am SO HYPED you all are many of my favorite people to roleplay with all together with a great premise this is awesome ;D)
I might cry im so jazzed about this cuz yall are some of my faves too

I'm really glad you two are happy!!
pull the trigger, piglet,

|ĸιrα|

• bad boyfriend, damn good babysitter
« Reply #16 on: February 09, 2017, 09:42:27 AM »

YEAH TWO CHARACTERS HECK YAAAA

I'm stealthy, like a ninja

BlueberryDoughnut

• Knife Wife, Keeper of the Holy Bun
« Reply #17 on: February 09, 2017, 09:49:38 AM »

Multiple characters and the fam being together. Nothing beats it.
"We are not drawn to God by iron chains, but by sweet attractions and holy inspirations."
      ~ St. Francis de Sales

"God can write straight with crooked lines. We just have to let Him in."
      ~ Fr. Mike Schmitz

"Love is a losing game...one I wish I never played..."
       ~ Amy Winehouse

GreyCaboose

• lIKE ZOINKS SCOOB
« Reply #18 on: February 09, 2017, 09:57:43 AM »

Yep! What is 'the fam'? Are your characters going to be family?

The Primal Song Continues

« Reply #19 on: February 09, 2017, 10:03:22 AM »

Name: Arden Castile.
Godly Parent: Orcus, Roman god of death (separate from Pluto/Hades role as god of the dead)
Association: Camp Jupiter.
Appearance: short, with dark hair kept in a braid, olive complexion. Wears ratty blue jeans, and creepy/gory themed shirts.
Personality: Kind, gentle and but has a twisted sense of humor. She is more of a loner, preferring to listen to her heavy metal music, these to socialize.
Weapon: Sword made from Stygian iron.
Backstorry:
Other:

Name: Edwin Grayson.
Godly Parent: None.
Association: Valhalla.
Appearance: Sandy blond hair, broad shoulders, and a nose that is much too long. Wears a tunic and trousers, as well as a mail hauberk.
Personality: Makes friends easily, rather outgoing, talks a bit to much.
Weapon: Spear and lang-seax.
Other: His favorite game is soccer.
« Last Edit: November 07, 2017, 04:55:52 AM by The Primal Song Continues »
Do not meddle in the affairs of dragons, for you are crunchy and taste good with ketchup.

One must never tolerate evil. For first, evil is tolerated; then embraced, then ailed as being good, then it becomes unlawful to do what is actually good.

GreyCaboose

• lIKE ZOINKS SCOOB
« Reply #20 on: February 09, 2017, 12:04:32 PM »

Alright, although a little bit more personality than 'kind, gentle, and oh so twisted' would be nice!

BlueberryDoughnut

« Reply #21 on: February 09, 2017, 12:25:09 PM »

Yep! What is 'the fam'? Are your characters going to be family?

"Fam" just means friends that are close enough to practically be family. I wasn't specifically talking about the RP characters there c:
"We are not drawn to God by iron chains, but by sweet attractions and holy inspirations."
      ~ St. Francis de Sales

~ Fr. Mike Schmitz

~ Amy Winehouse

GreyCaboose

• lIKE ZOINKS SCOOB
« Reply #22 on: February 09, 2017, 12:27:14 PM »

Oh, thank you for clarifying!! It's good you're so close with everyone, that's awesome!!!

So we've got 1 Roman camp member and 1 member of Valhalla so far!

GreyCaboose

• lIKE ZOINKS SCOOB
« Reply #23 on: February 09, 2017, 02:38:08 PM »

I'll have a Valhalla character up front as well due to my love for Norse mythology, but I will fill in on any areas we don't have enough of!

Name: Kelsey Young
Age (Not 18 or over, please!): 17, or at least he was that when he died.
Godly Parent (If they're a magician without a godly parent, put N/A): Idunn
Association (Jupiter, Half-Blood, Valhalla, Nomes): Valhalla
Appearance: Kelsey is a little tall for his age and rather lean, with dark short-cropped hair and dark brown eyes, pale skin, and a long pointed nose. Strangely contrasting to his thin appearance, he wears WW1 Irish soldier garb.
Personality: A good-natured fellow at heart, one who took a first look at Kelsey would not expect him to be an ex-military member as well as a warrior of Valhalla. Kelsey worries a lot and flinches at everything, and he's often mocked about it, as he's very anxious and cautious and tends to act as a mother to the more reckless acquaintances he has. However, he's also fiercely protective of closer friends as he cannot bear seeing those he loves getting hurt. This protective instinct kicks in often and Kelsey can be quite a force in battle when all he has is adrenaline and the urge to protect. He tries to be as polite as possible and fears old age.
Weapon (Nothing too crazy, please!): A typical bolt-action rifle, standard for WW1 soldiers, with modified Bone Steel bullets that Kelsey has specially made (by other people, of course - He's not about that crafting life).
Backstory (Optional, just in case you want to get into stuff like how the mortal parent and godly parent met or how the character got to where they are or discovered their heritage and all that): Kelsey grew up in Ireland with a loving father and stepmother, and was always a happy boy - Until his accidents started. Turns out Kelsey's father had somehow managed to anger Frey, the god of prosperity, peace, pleasure, etc? Kelsey was the unfortunate recipient of the consequences - The boy was seemingly cursed with constant worry, misfortune, panic, a knack for getting incredibly hurt, and an even worse knack for being sick and difficult to heal. By the time Kelsey was 17, he was volunteered to join the military by his parents and almost immediately somehow shoved into the battle that would cost him his life - And put him in his worst nightmare: A land of unceasing death and battle (although for the most part he's gotten used to it by now).
Other: He's learned to dab from the more modern Valhalla tenants. Zeus help us.

There we go - Now I'll wait for the others so I can see what area needs filled!

BlueberryDoughnut

« Reply #24 on: February 10, 2017, 03:31:47 PM »

I want to make two characters (because my life is not complete with just one), but since I'm only familiar with the Percy Jackson world, I'm going to be sticking to those. And I don't want to overwhelm the RP with demigods, so I'll wait and see if a second character is warranted.

Name: Francis Thompson
Age (Not 18 or over, please!): 16
Godly Parent (If they're a magician without a godly parent, put N/A): Venus
Association (Jupiter, Half-Blood, Valhalla, Nomes): Camp Jupiter
Appearance: Francis is tall and lean - he's more of a swimmer than a body builder, and that's evident in his physique. He has curly hair that sits somewhere between brown and blond, and brown eyes.
Personality: Francis is friendly and extroverted, always willing to talk to people and smile at strangers. He's also somewhat of a nerd, particularly when it comes to Star Wars. He thinks his jokes are funny. That's up for debate.
Weapon (Nothing too crazy, please!): He uses a standard celestial brass sword.
Backstory (Optional, just in case you want to get into stuff like how the mortal parent and godly parent met or how the character got to where they are or discovered their heritage and all that): Francis isn't sure exactly how his father met Venus, but he doesn't really care. His father raised him in New Rome, Francis joined the legion when he was twelve, and the rest is history.
Other: Francis is allergic to pine trees.

Name: Wes Carter
Age (Not 18 or over, please!): 17
Godly Parent (If they're a magician without a godly parent, put N/A): Hestia
Association (Jupiter, Half-Blood, Valhalla, Nomes): Camp Half-Blood
Appearance: Wes' hair and eyes are the same color - very dark brown. His skin is a rich tan. Wes is of average height and weight for his age.
Personality: Although friendly and kind, Wes is shy and doesn't speak up very easily. Even around his friends, he has trouble expressing his thoughts and needs. Being the son of the goddess of hearths and homemaking, he's very sensitive to the needs of others, and so he always tries to put others first.
Weapon (Nothing too crazy, please!): A bow and arrows. His quiver is enchanted to replenish his arrow supply when he runs out.
Backstory (Optional, just in case you want to get into stuff like how the mortal parent and godly parent met or how the character got to where they are or discovered their heritage and all that): Wes has known what he was his entire life. His father didn't particularly mind that he was a demigod, but at the time, his father wasn't properly equipped to be a parent. Wes ended up living with his grandparents until they died, and by that time, Wes was old enough to live at camp. He's been at Camp Half-Blood ever since.
Other: Wes has a half sister on his father's side that he has never met.
« Last Edit: February 16, 2017, 08:52:20 AM by BlueberryDoughnut »
      ~ St. Francis de Sales

~ Fr. Mike Schmitz

~ Amy Winehouse

« Reply #25 on: February 10, 2017, 03:57:38 PM »

OK. Fixed that, and put up my other character.
Do not meddle in the affairs of dragons, for you are crunchy and taste good with ketchup.

One must never tolerate evil. For first, evil is tolerated; then embraced, then ailed as being good, then it becomes unlawful to do what is actually good.

GreyCaboose

• lIKE ZOINKS SCOOB
« Reply #26 on: February 10, 2017, 11:47:52 PM »

I want to make two characters (because my life is not complete with just one), but since I'm only familiar with the Percy Jackson world, I'm going to be sticking to those. And I don't want to overwhelm the RP with demigods, so I'll wait and see if a second character is warranted.

Name: Francis Thompson
Age (Not 18 or over, please!): 16
Godly Parent (If they're a magician without a godly parent, put N/A): Venus
Association (Jupiter, Half-Blood, Valhalla, Nomes): Camp Jupiter
Appearance: Francis is tall and lean - he's more of a swimmer than a body builder, and that's evident in his physique. He has curly hair that sits somewhere between brown and blond, and brown eyes.
Personality: Francis is friendly and extroverted, always willing to talk to people and smile at strangers. He's also somewhat of a nerd, particularly when it comes to Star Wars. He thinks his jokes are funny. That's up for debate.
Weapon (Nothing too crazy, please!): He uses a standard celestial brass sword.
Backstory (Optional, just in case you want to get into stuff like how the mortal parent and godly parent met or how the character got to where they are or discovered their heritage and all that): Francis isn't sure exactly how his father met Venus, but he doesn't really care. His father raised him in New Rome, Francis joined the legion when he was twelve, and the rest is history.
Other: Francis is allergic to pine trees.

Okay, sweet! So it looks like we've got 2 Roman Demigods now, and 2 members of Valhalla!

OK. Fixed that, and put up my other character.

Thanks, although I said 'not 18 and over, please' - you can make him 17, but please obey the rules here! And are you planning on specifying when and how he died in the RP? Is he new or old to Valhalla?

« Reply #27 on: February 11, 2017, 01:05:53 PM »

Sorry. Will fix.
Yes I think that will come up in the story. He died during 1062 C.E.

|ĸιrα|

• bad boyfriend, damn good babysitter
« Reply #28 on: February 11, 2017, 02:20:01 PM »

Ill post my card soon, I want to do it on my computer and I've been busy

I'm stealthy, like a ninja

GreyCaboose

• lIKE ZOINKS SCOOB
« Reply #29 on: February 11, 2017, 03:43:32 PM »

Sorry. Will fix.
Yes I think that will come up in the story. He died during 1062 C.E.

Okay, thanks!!

Ill post my card soon, I want to do it on my computer and I've been busy

That's okay - I can't wait to see what you come up with!
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 28