Scott Westerfeld Forum

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 28

Author Topic: Tapestry (Riordanverse RP)  (Read 7728 times)

|ĸιrα|

• bad boyfriend, damn good babysitter
Re: Tapestry (Riordanverse RP)
« Reply #30 on: February 12, 2017, 07:08:03 PM »

Name: Julia Ambrose
Age (Not 18 or over, please!): 16
Godly Parent (If they're a magician without a godly parent, put N/A): Hecate
Association (Jupiter, Half-Blood, Valhalla, Nomes): Camp Half-Blood
Appearance: She has rather long, slightly curly dark brown hair and olive-toned skin. Her eyes are hazel but tend to appear more green, and she's of an average build.
Personality: She usually has a relatively sad/rbf expression, there's very little in between or variation. She's pretty quiet and keeps to herself, mostly in a defensive manner.
Weapon (Nothing too crazy, please!): She has a celestial bronze dagger, though she prefers to try and use magic as often as she can.
Backstory (Optional, just in case you want to get into stuff like how the mortal parent and godly parent met or how the character got to where they are or discovered their heritage and all that): She had always been drawn to magic, and early on in her life she tried to train herself in Wicca until she learned of her heritage and who her mother was.
Other: mleh mleh

Name: Sebastian Williams
Age (Not 18 or over, please!): 16, almost 17
Godly Parent (If they're a magician without a godly parent, put N/A): N/A
Association (Jupiter, Half-Blood, Valhalla, Nomes): The 21st Nome (Brooklyn House)
Appearance: Seb is pretty tall and fit, though lean. He has dark hair that he keeps long, often in one or two braids. He has deep, mahogany colored eyes.
Personality: He's a very social guy, and is often cracking jokes and trying to lighten up people's moods in any way he can.
Weapon (Nothing too crazy, please!): He's got a wand. He's also studying the Path of Sobek, with a particular interest in combat magic (though he has never summoned a combat avatar). He is also interested in Hydrokinesis, and because he is studying Sobek, he is good with animals.
Backstory (Optional, just in case you want to get into stuff like how the mortal parent and godly parent met or how the character got to where they are or discovered their heritage and all that): He was raised mostly by his grandparents on a reservation. His life was consumed by his own culture, though there were sprinklings of ancient Egypt all across it, which he never really understood until things started to get rather strange a few years ago. His grandparents explained their long heritage, and the lineage that somehow went back to the Pharaohs. Seb went out to find the 21st Nome, since it seemed the Path of the Gods was the right one for him.
Other: He's very good at lacrosse, and his dream was to become like the Thompson Brothers, but he gave that up when he began studying magic.
« Last Edit: February 13, 2017, 07:37:36 AM by |ĸιrα| »

I'm stealthy, like a ninja

GreyCaboose

• lIKE ZOINKS SCOOB
« Reply #31 on: February 13, 2017, 12:48:54 AM »

Looks perfect, Claire!!!
pull the trigger, piglet,

|ĸιrα|

« Reply #32 on: February 13, 2017, 07:37:52 AM »

A'ight I added my second character

GreyCaboose

• lIKE ZOINKS SCOOB
« Reply #33 on: February 13, 2017, 09:11:06 AM »

Awesome!! So that has us at:

2 Roman Half-bloods (Ardin and Francis)
1 Half-blood of Valhalla (Kelsey)
1 Non Half-Blood of Valhalla (Edwin)
(Together that's 2 Warriors of Valhalla)
1 Greek Half-Blood (Julia)
And 1 Magician! (Seb!)

GreyCaboose

• lIKE ZOINKS SCOOB
« Reply #34 on: February 13, 2017, 12:05:49 PM »

I'll probably make a magician OC as well, leaving the need for another Greek halfblood for things to be completely even - Although they don't have to be, that's just what I'd prefer - I just don't want one faction to take All The Spots ya feel

Panzercrappitastica

• Westerforum Resident Exalt
« Reply #35 on: February 13, 2017, 12:22:03 PM »

I can do that!
Purple-handed peep Volger with a flash tattoo hoverboarding around the Lynx in the blue hour with adreneline coursing through his penguins while failing to own the sunset! In a hoop skirt.

Pan the Imperial Bucket Holder

"Early to bed, early to rise, early to plan the world's demise"
- Catvomitsky

GreyCaboose

• lIKE ZOINKS SCOOB
« Reply #36 on: February 13, 2017, 12:54:21 PM »

Sweet! I'm so excited!! And then once we have 2 for each faction if anyone with only 1 character who wants to make another can pretty much just do what they want!

|ĸιrα|

« Reply #37 on: February 13, 2017, 01:03:30 PM »

I am pumped to start this. Except next weekend I'll be traveling out of state, will return for two days, and then will be out of state again and pretty busy sooooo I may be a little absent in the beginning of the rp

GreyCaboose

• lIKE ZOINKS SCOOB
« Reply #38 on: February 13, 2017, 01:07:00 PM »

Alright! We'll try to fit things with your schedule, Kira! I'm planning on dividing the beginning parts of the RP into 4 sections to explain the motives behind the separate factions and try to lead up as quick as I can to the meetup, if that'd help at all.

|ĸιrα|

« Reply #39 on: February 13, 2017, 01:18:38 PM »

Yeah, if that happens while im gone or whatever I'll just jump in when everyone's already all together

BlueberryDoughnut

• Knife Wife, Keeper of the Holy Bun
« Reply #40 on: February 13, 2017, 03:12:02 PM »

Would it be overkill if I made a Greek demigod, too? If so, that's totally fine, I understand! I just like having two characters, but I don't want to throw the balance off :)
"We are not drawn to God by iron chains, but by sweet attractions and holy inspirations."
      ~ St. Francis de Sales

"God can write straight with crooked lines. We just have to let Him in."
      ~ Fr. Mike Schmitz

"Love is a losing game...one I wish I never played..."
       ~ Amy Winehouse

GreyCaboose

• lIKE ZOINKS SCOOB
« Reply #41 on: February 13, 2017, 11:35:01 PM »

heck yeah you can have a greek demigod, i won't stop ya!

GreyCaboose

• lIKE ZOINKS SCOOB
« Reply #42 on: February 14, 2017, 10:22:09 AM »

I started looking at Nomes for my Magician character other than the Brooklyn House and I saw that there's a Nome in Tokyo!

Name: Yuudai Umezu
Age (Not 18 or over, please!): 16
Godly Parent (If they're a magician without a godly parent, put N/A): N/A
Association (Jupiter, Half-Blood, Valhalla, Nomes): The 224th Nome, in Tokyo
Appearance: Yuudai has very long black hair generally kept in a messy bun, with thin, angular eyes that look very angry (though that could also be attributed to her sharp, angry-looking eyebrows as well). She's not tall but not short, and is rather muscle-y and fit. Her nose is flat and her lips are thin, and she has rather broad shoulders. She generally wears very loose clothing. Her left leg is prosthetic below the knee.
Personality: Yuudai tries her hardest to be a powerful magician, but can let her guard slip sometimes. She wants respect and tries to be the maternal/leaderly figure of her friend groups when she can. She gets offended sometimes a little too easily and can seem oversensitive, but she does have a witty sense of humor when she lest herself relax. Yuudai can easily stress herself out when she's overexerting herself, and loves to work out a little too much.
Weapon (Nothing too crazy, please!): Yuudai keeps a simple staff on her that she disguises as a cane to help her walk - She doesn't one, but it spares odd glances.
Backstory (Optional, just in case you want to get into stuff like how the mortal parent and godly parent met or how the character got to where they are or discovered their heritage and all that): Yuudai has been studying the path of Sekhmet since she first became a magician, although she craves a better area to learn and thusly chose to leave her home in the 224th Nome and find her way to the Brooklyn House. Her parents never explained anything about her mother's small sliver of relation to the ancient Egyptian Pharoahs - chances are they never knew. While she first learnt magic in the 224th Nome, she learned lots of stuff about herself and considers it to be more of a home than anywhere else.
Other: Yes, Yuudai is a Japanese male-given name - She wasn't going to change it when she came out to her friends, she felt it fit and she couldn't find any names she liked more. She speaks English fluently and knows some Egyptian, as can be expected with most magicians. She loves to play video games and has a fondness for unhealthy American food.

There's my magician character!

GreyCaboose

• lIKE ZOINKS SCOOB
« Reply #43 on: February 15, 2017, 03:05:34 PM »

Okay so if I'm correct we still need Pan's characters and one of Blue's? Am I right about that?

Panzercrappitastica

• Westerforum Resident Exalt
« Reply #44 on: February 15, 2017, 03:11:09 PM »

YEAH I've wound up with a busy week but I will get on it when I can. I might make two characters because I like playing multiple characters
Purple-handed peep Volger with a flash tattoo hoverboarding around the Lynx in the blue hour with adreneline coursing through his penguins while failing to own the sunset! In a hoop skirt.

Pan the Imperial Bucket Holder

"Early to bed, early to rise, early to plan the world's demise"
- Catvomitsky
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 28