Scott Westerfeld Forum

Pages: 1 ... 26 27 [28] 29 30 ... 48

Author Topic: Tapestry (Riordanverse RP)  (Read 14814 times)

GreyCaboose

• lIKE ZOINKS SCOOB
Re: Tapestry (Riordanverse RP)
« Reply #405 on: November 27, 2017, 01:40:09 PM »

(I'm very sorry that I pressured you into things when you had no time. However, your characters are both just as important as the others and I feel like leaving them out until you can jump back in wouldn't make sense with my plans for the rest of the RP. I wish you luck during your busy holidays, and I can assure you i understand why you feel stressed. I'm stressed too, with school work and family problems and relationship troubles and health issues, and the last thing i want to do is put stress on another person. So, when you're finally free from the crushing weight of holidays and school [not meant to be sarcastic, I'm being genuine, I just know it's hard to express through text], I'd be very grateful if you'd let us know. I'd personally prefer to start together rather than apart, and I understand that if no one else wants to do that, I have already performed shoddily and used a confusing and strenuous system to set up the roleplay, and feel that if I've caused too much stress and confusion, tapestry shouldn't go on. But i love this RP dearly and have become very invested in my characters and the future of the rp, so i hope you all understand and agree that for now a break we can all agree on and go through willingly together would be for the best. When everyone is ready to jump back in together, that is when I will start. I hope this RP can thrive free from stress so that we can all develop our characters and their story together! So, until we all are free once again, huzzah! And again, apologies for being stressful.)
pull the trigger, piglet,

GreyCaboose

• lIKE ZOINKS SCOOB
« Reply #406 on: December 23, 2017, 10:31:17 AM »

(Would everyone be ready to jump back on this together??)

Panzercrappitastica

• Westerforum Resident Exalt
« Reply #407 on: December 23, 2017, 11:43:54 AM »

(I’d be!)
Purple-handed peep Volger with a flash tattoo hoverboarding around the Lynx in the blue hour with adreneline coursing through his penguins while failing to own the sunset! In a hoop skirt.

Pan the Imperial Bucket Holder

"Early to bed, early to rise, early to plan the world's demise"
- Catvomitsky

|ĸιrα|

• ᴴᵃᵛᵉ ᶜᵒᵘʳᵃᵍᵉ ᵃᶰᵈ ᵇᵉ ᵏᶤᶰᵈ
« Reply #408 on: December 23, 2017, 02:28:11 PM »

[I HAVE TIME. So yes. I'm down. but how exactly is this going to work? It's hard to keep the rp going if the characters aren't all together]

Where there is goodness, there is magic

GreyCaboose

• lIKE ZOINKS SCOOB
« Reply #409 on: December 23, 2017, 02:55:57 PM »

(Well, if you don't want to continue the Egyptian prologue, I have no qualm starting the main events! Essentially, the main events start once all of the characters get to Medley Centre [which, the journey there does not have to be mapped out -
 Feel free to come up with events that could've happened in this short journey to Rochester and how your character's felt about it all! The part it would be starting from is the characters getting to Medley Centre - however, due to plot reasons, do not immediately find each other] and encounter the antagonists and each other! How would that sound? It would have the first (small) battle, as well as some real first impressions a bit of exposition!! However, ending the Egyptian prologue short, I'd also like to figure out in PMs with Kira how and why Sebastian chose to go with Yuudai! How would that sound to everyone? If that's good and I can start the main events, I will have the intro the main events out soon!!)

Panzercrappitastica

« Reply #410 on: December 23, 2017, 02:59:48 PM »

(Sounds good to me)
Purple-handed peep Volger with a flash tattoo hoverboarding around the Lynx in the blue hour with adreneline coursing through his penguins while failing to own the sunset! In a hoop skirt.

- Catvomitsky

BlueberryDoughnut

• Knife Wife, Keeper of the Holy Bun
« Reply #411 on: December 24, 2017, 03:27:27 AM »

(Yeah, I'm down.)
Climb these hills, I'm reaching for the heights
And chasing all the lights that shine
And when they let you down, you'll get up off the ground
Morning rolls around and it's another day of sun

~ La La Land ~

GreyCaboose

• lIKE ZOINKS SCOOB
« Reply #412 on: December 24, 2017, 02:55:03 PM »

(Nice!!)

"How much longer should I be waiting?" The red-haired girl barked into her phone, which she had set on speaker to keep away from her face as she glanced around the mall, lingering next to a long-abandoned carousel. "Your cowboy boy-toy isn't exactly as quick as you promised he'd be, ma'am."

"He should be arriving to you soon - With a plus-one. His mission to get a conduit was successful, but he wasn't able to get any recruits." The voice from the phone promised, her voice smooth like honey.

"Fine by me." The ginger snarled, hints of a Scandinavian accent in her ragged voice. "I'm all for building the cause, but you know how I don't like some of the people you've found. That ugly Frenchman kept-"

"That ugly Frenchman is right 'ere, darling." Jean-Luc Delacroix cut the ginger woman off as he stepped out from the shadows.

The girl with the phone backed up, black and orange eyes narrowing.

"I love doing that." He laughed hollowly as the ginger girl growled.

"My point stands, Medea." She barked into the phone. "He's a creep and a child-killer and he's only the tip of the barrel when it comes to some of the others you do business with."

"Child-killer?" Jean-Luc scoffed. "You call me a killer when it's you who -"

"You do not bring him up!" The girl screeched, stomping and almost dropping her phone as she threw her arms down.

"Ingrid, calm down." Medea spoke up through the phone. "Jean-Luc is a business partner at best. You don't have to like him, or any of the others I do business with. I only ask that you tolerate him, until you've earned your place in the new pantheon with the rest of us."

Ingrid grumbled. Jean-Luc smirked.

"But, I agree with you in that perhaps he should leave some items of discussion off the table. We've all sacrificed things for the cause, and your sacrifice is not something for Jean-Luc to taunt you with."

Jean-Luc's smirk faded.

"She started i-"

"Ending this argument, I do have something else for you, Ingrid." Ingrid perked up at this, holding the phone closer to her face.

"What?"

"While Jude didn't recruit anyone, I did. After Jude and his plus one arrive, wait an extra hour or so for my brother." Medea sounded as if she were smiling over the phone. "If he doesn't show, have Jean-Luc open the portal back to the agreed point for you, him, Jude, and the other."

"Alright."

"You know what to do if there are complications."

Ingrid's expression softened, as if she were uncomfortable.

"...Alright."

"Sacrifices, Ingrid. It'll be worth it once we've built the new pantheon."

"I believe you."

Silence.

Jean-Luc leaned against a pillar.

"So when will the blonde be here again?" He asked, boredom seeping into his voice. "I tire of waiting for children to come to me."

"We're not children," Ingrid pocketed the phone. "and Jude will be here soon."

As if on cue, a blonde man with an unconscious girl slung over his shoulder emerged.

"Howdy." Jude smiled at the two. "Y'all got a spot fer me ta lay down? I've been lugging this dead weight around for longer than I'd've liked. Thank mom for the mists - Almost had a fella stop me fer questioning before he saw that this here was clearly just a sleeping bag." He raised the shoulder that Ramona was on for emphasis.

"How charming." Jean-Luc grinned.

"We openin' a portal or what, huh?" Jude grinned back at the Frenchman good-naturedly. "We really need a bed for this lady. And maybe a medic. She woke up about 20 minutes into the trip so I forced the rest of the sleepin' pills into her mouth ta be safe for the rest of the walk."

Ingrid and Jean-Luc stared.

"...I'm not even going to begin to explain how seriously wrong your thought process must be." Ingrid responded. Jude shrugged, smile still present. "But no, we still need to wait for a straggler. Some guy that 'Dea must've picked up during her stint in the Roman bathhouses."

Jude frowned, both at the nickname for his girlfriend and for the term 'Roman bathhouses'.

Ingrid shrugged. "I don't make the rules."

~

((To make things easier for you guys to jump in, here's Yuudai and Kelsey's POVs as they near the mall with their respective accomplices!))

Yuudai approached the mall with a cold stare. What a dump.
"Jean-Luc is definitely inside." She explained to the boy next to her as she stood in the parking lot, her staff being used as a walking stick. "I can sense the chaos of a follower of Kek. We must figure out a plan. Without a plan we could walk into a massacre. Jean-Luc is powerful and not alone. He wouldn't be alone here. Not alone. Not here. We should figure out where to enter by. He would not be near the front. But perhaps the back would be too obvious."
For someone who was trying to be sneaky and clever, Yuudai was not whispering. After the trek from the Brooklyn House to this mall, Yuudai was seemingly not as worn out as one would expect.
"Do you have any offers to assist me, Sebastian? Or should I come up with the plan?" She narrowed her eyes.

~

In the short time that Kelsey had spent back on Midgard with Mindy, he had been amazed by numerous things he'd spotted in the cities. The last time he was in the realm of the living was on Halloween night, in Dublin, in the late 1970s. Things definitely seemed different. What was a 'Dennys', and why was it so compelling to him? Who was McDonald, and why were his estates so prevalent and colorful? Who was the Burger King? Did he have relation to the Dairy Queen? Why was everything so expensive?? Five dollars?? Who has that kind of money just lying around??? Kelsey was overwhelmed by all the life and buzz of the cities, it was almost more overwhelming to stand to the side of one of the most dead things Kelsey had ever seen - An abandoned mall. It was large, dilapidated, sad, and abandoned. Out of its time. Kelsey could almost relate to it. Glancing over towards Mindy, he sighed shakingly.
"So this is the place August said his sister was meetin' someone at." Kelsey observed, trying to hide his shaking hands. "Well, ah - You want to go in first?"

((Okay, so to make things easier - Here's what I was imagining!!

SETTING: It's a slightly chilly windy night (very early morning, to be precise),
and I imagine that Yuudai and Sebastian are in the front parking lot of the mall;
Kelsey and Mindy are to the side;
Wesley, Owen, and Julia would be to the other side;
and Francis could enter through the back of the mall to meet up with Ingrid and Jean-Luc and Jude [the bad guys!!] - But before this trio of baddies can take Francis, the Egyptians, Greeks, and Norse enter, with Yuudai bent on stopping Jean-Luc, Kelsey bent on finding August's sister to try and save his mom, and the Greeks showing up to stop Jude and get Ramona back!! If you all still want to do a little interaction before you have your groups enter the malls, that's fine, I'm all for interaction!!
Would anyone be okay with having their characters get knocked out during a battle? If not, that's fine! I'm just looking to give someone a crazy dream [originally Wes, but since that wasn't discussed I don't know if that's still okay;;]
That being said, here we go!! Hope this is okay!!))

Panzercrappitastica

« Reply #413 on: December 24, 2017, 04:08:04 PM »

(I’d be fine with either of my characters being knocked out)

“Sure. You nervous?” Mindy asked, trying to sound casual to cover up her own nerves. She pushed open the side door and stepped into the mall, glancing around for immediate danger before looking back to Kelsey.

(I lowkey forgot Owen existed so I’m gonna go reread the Greek intro to remember how I wrote him; I’ll have a response up before bed tonight)

- Catvomitsky

Panzercrappitastica

« Reply #414 on: December 24, 2017, 05:39:30 PM »

(Update: oh man I forgot what a dysfunctional group the Greek trio wound up being XD Fun fun)

Owen shivered slightly in the morning air; he’d forgot to bring a jacket along. Despite the chill, though, he was practically tingling with anticipation. A real quest! Maybe a real fight!
The old mall loomed a little spookily in the dim light. Sweet. Owen barged in with hardly a glance at the other two—they’d probably ignore him anyway, or yell at him. His fingers rested inches away from the pommel of his sword, ready to jump at the first thing that moved.

(I’m going to bed now but I’m psyched to finally get the ball rolling!)
« Last Edit: December 25, 2017, 03:09:24 AM by Panzercrappitastica »

- Catvomitsky

GreyCaboose

• lIKE ZOINKS SCOOB
« Reply #415 on: December 25, 2017, 01:49:14 AM »

“Sure. You nervous?” Mindy asked, trying to sound casual to cover up her own nerves. She pushed open the side door and stepped into the mall, glancing around for immediate danger before looking back to Kelsey.

"A wee bit, perhaps." Kelsey nodded shakingly. "Never had the best luck when I was here on Midgard before. Kind of a curse. I've come ta be quite averse to going in first to things, since I don't want to cause trouble." He looked at Mindy after she looked back at him. "Does it seem safe?"

Panzercrappitastica

« Reply #416 on: December 25, 2017, 03:11:02 AM »

Mindy shrugged. “Nothing about this is really safe, but I don’t see anything now.”

- Catvomitsky

GreyCaboose

• lIKE ZOINKS SCOOB
« Reply #417 on: December 25, 2017, 06:40:19 AM »

Kelsey nodded to say 'thanks for checking' and entered the mall after Mindy. "My lord, this place looks like somewhere that children back in my town would dare eachother to go into fer kicks n' giggles." He lowered his voice to a whisper. "What was this 'afore it got shut down?"

|ĸιrα|

• ᴴᵃᵛᵉ ᶜᵒᵘʳᵃᵍᵉ ᵃᶰᵈ ᵇᵉ ᵏᶤᶰᵈ
« Reply #418 on: December 25, 2017, 06:45:26 AM »

Seb eyed her. Mild irritation was a constant mood now, it seemed. "There any side doors?" he asked, turning his gaze onto the building.

Julia stalled. Was Owen insane?! There could be anything in there, monsters, other people, all horrifying things. "Wait!" She jogged after him quickly. She just hoped her magic could be enough, she really didn't want to use her weapons or anything like that this early. They'd barely left the camp.

Where there is goodness, there is magic

Panzercrappitastica

« Reply #419 on: December 25, 2017, 07:01:59 AM »

“A mall,” Mindy told him. With one hand in her pocket, she twisted a hairband around her fingers. “Basically a bunch of stores in one building. And we should probably be quiet.” She didn’t look back at Kelsey, instead peering around the darkness, waiting for something to jump at them.

Owen stopped and turned back to Julia. “For what?” They’d have to go in sooner or later, wouldn’t they?

- Catvomitsky
Pages: 1 ... 26 27 [28] 29 30 ... 48