Scott Westerfeld Forum

Author Topic: Vengeance: The Tale of an Outraged Assassin  (Read 390 times)

GreyCaboose

• lIKE ZOINKS SCOOB
Vengeance: The Tale of an Outraged Assassin
« on: March 11, 2017, 05:04:17 AM »

You awaken in a hospital, alert and gasping for air. Your hair is long, suddenly, your muscles feel as if they haven't been used in years. Years... But that can't be right, you were just in the....
Oh.
Memories are starting to flood back to you. The hotel in Fortuna. The organization that stole your little sister. They stole Chantelle. The organization you used to be a part of!
You should have known they wouldn't let you leave without a price. The Exoskeleton Assassination Core never does.
You're in a hospital - How long has it been?
You eye the calendar.
It's been...It's been six years.
Chantelle would be 15 now.
The last thing you can remember is hearing her screaming as the people you considered allies dragged her away from her. The sound of a window breaking and suddenly you are falling, you are falling and suddenly you're here now.
You, codenamed 'Tarantula Hawk', of the Exoskeleton Assassination Core, are going to get your revenge.

~

Hey!!!! So I just finally got to watching Kill Bill and it inspired me greatly! Super dramatic ovrr-the-top fights, crazy characters and character designs, traveling around the world on a crazy revenge spree, it's perfect! However, I am adding in some non-Kill Bill themes for originality.
Introducing some other assassin squads to give our protagonist some allies! Note: Yes, things will be vaguely cheesy because I lIVE FOR THAT

The Soundwood League of Hunters - An organization of assassins put together by the elite assassin Priscilla Soundwood. Their base is in Greenland and the codenamed they give are based off of music genres. Note: Priscilla Soundwood's codename is simply 'Sound', being the only exception since she started the League. Underlings might have the codenames 'Techno', 'Pop', 'Metal', granted that they're genres that work with the timeline of the RP (year in the RP being 2000). The SLH is a very high-tech organization, with a good portion of members utilizing futuristic gadgets in their missions.

The Ministry - A large and incredibly official organization, put together by several individuals and much less theme-y than other groups. They're mostly a black-tie type organization, with members' codenames usually just numbers. Ex: 'C-529'
The leaders of the Ministry are 'White Leader' and 'Black Leader' as of right now. There were more, but they're dead now. Their base is stationed in Russia.

The Assassin's Birdcage - A smaller organization with a base in Mexico. Members are codenamed after birds, like 'Hawk' and 'Bluejay'. Members of the Assassin's Birdcage are generally experts at stealth.

The Deadly Sea Shark Perdition Agency - This league, based in Japan, is known for its ruthlessness and lack of preference towards who it is they're hired to kill. They'll take on pretty much anything with skillful efficiency. Members of the DSSPA are codenamed after types of sharks. Ex: Great White, Nurse, Lemon, Megamouth, etc

The Pack- An enigmatic organization supposedly linked to the Ministry, with its base in Nepal. Members of the Pack generally take missions in groups, and are codenamed based on breeds of dogs. Ex: Great Dane and Bloodhound, stuff like that.

Now note that if you design an assassin character from one of these agencies you don't have to make the character from the country that organization is based in! They'll accept members from anywhere and most organizations are primarily mixed like that. Now, some exposition on the Exoskeleton Assassination Core!

This organization is the smallest of them all, comprising only of 9 members - The leader, the outraged ex-member, and the 7 others. The organization is full of tough, outrageous characters, all codenamed after insects with the most painful stings in the world. They're known for being ruthless, the most violent of them all, the toughest killers who wouldn't hesitate to turn on a traitor and destroy them.

Now, I'll need one person to play the assassin who used to be a member of the EAC (Exoskeleton Assassination Core), and then assassins from a few of the other organizations.
Ask who you can be, ask to join, and here's the card!

Name:
Codename:
Appearance:
Personality:
Specialty (Weapons, Combat):
Backstory:

Note that for the ex-EAC their codename WILL be Tarantula Hawk and they don't need their backstory filled out unless you rlly want to elaborate on them.
The specialty in terms of combat and weapons shouldn't be too weird
Members of the SLH have very high tech gadgets and likely are better in close combat when it comes to fighting.
Members of the Ministry are skilled with close combat and usually use knives or pistols. You probably won't find a Ministry member using a katana.
The Assassin's Birdcage members are very reliable with long distance weapons and have excellent snipers.
The DSSPA have members who are unpredictable in their ways, so they're more free about long range, close range, what weapons to use, yadda yadda
The Pack are excellent with close combat and melee.

The EAC are like the DSSPA in how they're rather diverse about things.
But just because your organization is primarily something doesn't mean your assassin can't bend things a bit. It wouldn't be too weird for a member of the SLH to use some kind of modified tech katana or something.
Also, don't be afraid to give your character a theme or gimmick or something! That'd be cool! But yeah, there we go! I'll reveal more about plot and stuff and talk to everyone 1 on 1 about their characters and stuff later!!
pull the trigger, piglet,

GreyCaboose

• lIKE ZOINKS SCOOB
Re: Vengeance: The Tale of an Outraged Assassin
« Reply #1 on: March 11, 2017, 05:06:32 AM »

Obligatory forum glitch post! Also note: While this RP is about assassins and inspired by Kill Bill, it shouldn't get Too mature so keep an eye on your ideas, I don't want to get in any trouble.
pull the trigger, piglet,

PraiseLordTachanka

• LMG, mounted, and loaded!
« Reply #2 on: May 15, 2017, 09:51:51 AM »

can I join??
Montagne: I fear no man
Tachanka: how about a god

GreyCaboose

• lIKE ZOINKS SCOOB
« Reply #3 on: May 15, 2017, 11:59:06 AM »