Scott Westerfeld Forum

Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: Drinking Habits  (Read 832 times)

Gentlebiscuit

Drinking Habits
« on: April 20, 2017, 01:44:34 PM »

I'm suddenly incredibly curious about this.
What tea/coffee do you drink and how do you have it?
I only drink coffee in espresso shots, I can't stand it with milk anymore [despite the fact that I just had a bag coffee with milk >_>] but when I have tea I always have earl grey with honey, boiling water and milk.
What about you?

I'm not one of those insecure people who needs to do things right at all ever to not feel like a piece of shit. Honest.

Panzercrappitastica

• Westerforum Resident Exalt
Re: Drinking Habits
« Reply #1 on: April 20, 2017, 01:52:39 PM »

I have water like 99% of the time but occasionally enjoy root beer or peppermint tea with milk and a lot of sugar. Coffee has never appealed to me :P

Also. Question. Bag of coffee with milk? Like I knew bagged milk was a thing some places but does it come mixed with coffee grounds?
Purple-handed peep Volger with a flash tattoo hoverboarding around the Lynx in the blue hour with adreneline coursing through his penguins while failing to own the sunset! In a hoop skirt.

Pan the Imperial Bucket Holder

"Early to bed, early to rise, early to plan the world's demise"
- Catvomitsky

Ceres

• Orangé Tong
« Reply #2 on: April 20, 2017, 02:06:07 PM »

Same question

Tbh I will drink coffee or tea however I get it. I prefer tea not with milk but it's grown on me. And I like my coffee with not too much milk, unless it's a flavored drink in which case you can't taste the flavor without the creamer

Gentlebiscuit

« Reply #3 on: April 20, 2017, 02:08:23 PM »

I have water like 99% of the time but occasionally enjoy root beer or peppermint tea with milk and a lot of sugar. Coffee has never appealed to me :P

Also. Question. Bag of coffee with milk? Like I knew bagged milk was a thing some places but does it come mixed with coffee grounds?

Root beer is like ginger beer right? And I used to throw a metric tonne of sugar in all my drinks XD

Yeah I don't know who bought them but I woke up and there were a bunch of coffee bags in the kitchen, like tea bags. Is bagged milk really a thing?

Tbh I will drink coffee or tea however I get it. I prefer tea not with milk but it's grown on me. And I like my coffee with not too much milk, unless it's a flavored drink in which case you can't taste the flavor without the creamer

What tea tho?

Have either of you tried bubble tea? :0

I'm not one of those insecure people who needs to do things right at all ever to not feel like a piece of shit. Honest.

|ĸιrα|

• bad boyfriend, damn good babysitter
« Reply #4 on: April 20, 2017, 02:45:57 PM »

Tea

I'm stealthy, like a ninja

Panzercrappitastica

• Westerforum Resident Exalt
« Reply #5 on: April 20, 2017, 02:58:14 PM »

Root beer I believe is just carbonated sugar water and molasses? I've made it before but I was like eight so I don't remember it that well. Definitely no ginger though

And yeah powdered milk in bags is a thing
Purple-handed peep Volger with a flash tattoo hoverboarding around the Lynx in the blue hour with adreneline coursing through his penguins while failing to own the sunset! In a hoop skirt.

Pan the Imperial Bucket Holder

"Early to bed, early to rise, early to plan the world's demise"
- Catvomitsky

Ceres

• Orangé Tong
« Reply #6 on: April 20, 2017, 03:04:02 PM »

BUBBLE TEA. I love bubble tea. There's a really good place near my house and it is the best

BlueberryDoughnut

• Knife Wife, Keeper of the Holy Bun
« Reply #7 on: April 20, 2017, 03:20:06 PM »

I really love sweet tea. If there's not a chance I'll get diabetes drinking it, it's probably not sweet enough for me. Coffee doesn't taste that good to me, but I enjoy the way it smells. Other than that, I drink chocolate milk and water. And sometimes pop, but I'm trying to give that up.
"We are not drawn to God by iron chains, but by sweet attractions and holy inspirations."
      ~ St. Francis de Sales

"God can write straight with crooked lines. We just have to let Him in."
      ~ Fr. Mike Schmitz

"Love is a losing game...one I wish I never played..."
       ~ Amy Winehouse

|ĸιrα|

« Reply #8 on: April 21, 2017, 12:06:37 AM »

^sweet tea yes that's how I like mine.

Julia The Bookworm

• There are choices in life, and I take some of them
« Reply #9 on: April 21, 2017, 12:44:04 AM »

I grew up drinking this during the summer months and still love it: https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sweet_tea

You can really only find this style of tea in the south / southeastern U.S. don't get buy bottled/ prepackaged sweet tea because it's awful.

As I got older I started drinking hot tea.

I prefer tea over coffee, I want only drink coffee when I really really really want caffeine since a cup of coffee without anything added to it has twice as much caffeine as a plain cup of black tea.
I will fill my mug maybe a quarter of the way or so and drink it black. I only do this when there's already coffee made and I really want the caffeine. :P

I drink my tea differently depending on what type of tea I'm drinking and whether or not I'm eating something with it.
If I'm eating something sweet I like to balance it out with a black tea, like any sort of breakfast tea, or chi tea.  When I'm drinking black tea and usually I will drink it plain but sometimes I do like to add milk and / or honey.

I love teas like this: http://www.celestialseasonings.com/products/herbal/fruit-tea-sampler I don't add milk or anything to them, especially the ones like the blueberry because with the acidity  level of that one it causes milk to curdle.

Those taste really good on their own though. The Red Berry Zinger tastes almost lik kool-aid.

I like drinking green tea either plain or with honey. I don't like Jasmine, camomile,  or  roobos.

The amount that I usually drink varies, Some weeks I will have a cup of tea or two once every day sometimes it'll only end up being once every now and then.

Can't go beyond the drinking 3 cups of caffeinated black tea at a time because that makes me feel too twitchy.

Ceres

• Orangé Tong
« Reply #10 on: April 21, 2017, 04:09:21 AM »

I only like sweet tea if it's peach. Otherwise it feels like I'm drinking diabetes :P

I drink tea and coffee so much that I can literally drink any amount and it only mildly stimulates me lmao. I have to drink large cups of tea or 6 oz of drip coffee to feel any effect

GreyCaboose

• lIKE ZOINKS SCOOB
« Reply #11 on: April 21, 2017, 05:26:57 AM »

Admittedly I love drinking soda, quite a lot! Especially Dr Pepper! But recently I've been drinking a lot of tea (chamomile) with honey and a lot of that crazy awesome coffee from Starbucks - Especially vanilla bean frapucinos and and spicy coffees!!!
pull the trigger, piglet,

Ceres

• Orangé Tong
« Reply #12 on: April 21, 2017, 05:43:32 AM »

I love spicy coffees! Although more than once the barista has recommended to me not to get it even when I've asked ::)

|ĸιrα|

« Reply #13 on: April 21, 2017, 07:45:02 AM »

I hate spice and i hate coffee so that just sounds all around awful to me

I tried the unicorn frappucino yesterday and it just tasted like a fruit smoothie

Ceres

• Orangé Tong
« Reply #14 on: April 21, 2017, 08:15:23 AM »

Ooh, what is a unicorn frappucino?
Pages: [1] 2