Scott Westerfeld Forum

Author Topic: hi I'm new  (Read 832 times)

ravenoid-ish

• ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
hi I'm new
« on: June 17, 2017, 09:23:36 AM »

Hi, i'm ravenoid, call me ravenoid, you will probably only ever know me as ravenoid. I've only read Afterworlds and the Zeroes series so far, liked both of them a lot (if u wanna scream about zeroes/swarm with me at some point then feel free), but I don't currently have any plans to read any of Scott's other stuff because i'm horrifically lazy. Um, i'm in highschool, I'm p much the epitome of the Nerd Girl stereotype, and half of the things I say are embarrassing so there's that.

Also while I'm here, what's the roleplaying thing like on here? I haven't roleplayed in like, a million years, but I'm on summer break rn and I figured since there's a roleplaying board I might try it out again. Is that advisable? Is there any kind of ~special etiquette rules~ on this particular site that I should know about before hopping in? I may not even end up doing it, but if I do I kinda want to get the feel of the place first.
« Last Edit: June 17, 2017, 09:56:42 AM by ravenoid-ish »
(insert something cute/witty/philosophical here)

Ceres

• Orangé Tong
Re: hi I'm new
« Reply #1 on: June 17, 2017, 12:11:53 PM »

Hey ravenoid, I'm Cat, nice to have you. Also YES FINALLY SOMEONE ELSE WHO'S READ SWARM O_O

And same, now that it's summer I was thinking of joining an RP again, I miss it. There's not any special rules in particular - basically you find a current RP that you like (or make one up yourself), read the premise, make a character card, and just go with it. Obviously you have to follow the parameters of the person who runs the RP when making characters and their decisions, that's the only thing there's really been conflicts about in the past.

ravenoid-ish

• ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
« Reply #2 on: June 17, 2017, 12:56:54 PM »

hi!

yeah i figured that was how it would work, from my glances around it looked pretty standard. I just figured that I should ask around just in case there was something big i should know about... unclear about what exactly that would have been, I'm just paranoid
« Last Edit: June 17, 2017, 01:08:28 PM by ravenoid-ish »

Chairlegs 2.0

• Wheatley, the idiot.
« Reply #3 on: June 17, 2017, 02:24:22 PM »

FINALLY SOMEONE ELSE WHO'S READ SWARM O_O
Welp, never mind me then

Hello and Welcome! I will gladly argue scream converse with you about zeroes and swarm
People who think they know everything are a great annoyance to those of us who do.
-Asimov

Ceres

• Orangé Tong
« Reply #4 on: June 17, 2017, 03:06:58 PM »

I meant besides you. Now we're a trio :D

|ĸιrα|

• bad boyfriend, damn good babysitter
« Reply #5 on: June 17, 2017, 03:37:09 PM »

Hello welcome I've read neither of those books/series but like hey I'm down to talk about roleplaying that's what I'm here for neway

I'm stealthy, like a ninja

LittleK

• You're filled with determination
« Reply #6 on: June 18, 2017, 08:44:15 AM »

Hey :) welcome it's nice to see some fresh meat it's been awhile :)
No actual etiquette that I know of in the rping section but I know you'll have fun there :)
There is beauty in the world, shake your booty boys and girls

ravenoid-ish

• ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
« Reply #7 on: June 18, 2017, 01:26:32 PM »

I meant besides you. Now we're a trio :D
awesome, we can be a three man fandom

hey to everyone else! Glad to see the rping situation on here isn't ripe with horribleness. You all seem really nice

Tally-wa

« Reply #8 on: July 20, 2017, 12:44:11 PM »

Hello, welcome to the forum! Enjoy and stay bubbly,

Tally-wa 💙