Scott Westerfeld Forum

Pages: 1 ... 17 18 [19]

Author Topic: Building a Lighter Future  (Read 2594 times)

ChaoticRhymer

Re: Building a Lighter Future
« Reply #270 on: January 20, 2019, 03:16:24 PM »

Lucy sat down, crossing her legs. Her hand with the half-finished coke rested on the arm of the couch. "So whatcha want to know next?"
Do not meddle in the affairs of dragons, for you are crunchy and taste good with ketchup.

"Blessed are the legend-makers, for they are not found within recorded time": J.R.R. Tolkien.

BlueberryDoughnut

• Knife Wife, Keeper of the Holy Bun
« Reply #271 on: January 20, 2019, 03:19:36 PM »

Once the cameras were rolling, Davis began with, "So, we won't talk about the camps, or being on the run, or the Children's League anymore, okay? How about, instead, you tell us about your families?"
t-tell youw boyfwend if he says he's got beef
that i'm a vegetawian and i ain't f*cking scawed of him
she wants to touch me uwu
she wants to love me uwu
she'll neve leave me uwu, uwu, owo

ChaoticRhymer

« Reply #272 on: January 20, 2019, 03:31:50 PM »

"Mom died, maybe a year, year and a half after I was born. Dad said she was always smiling." Lucy began. "Dad worked as a mechanic, but somehow always had time to take is camping. He loved the outdoors, that's how he and mom first came together, and was always teaching us about stuff as we'd walk." She squeezed her eyes closed for a moment. "Simon was in track and field in school, and damm good at wrestling, the coaches thought."
Do not meddle in the affairs of dragons, for you are crunchy and taste good with ketchup.

"Blessed are the legend-makers, for they are not found within recorded time": J.R.R. Tolkien.

|ĸιrα|

• Razzle Dazzle Time!
« Reply #273 on: January 20, 2019, 03:33:17 PM »

Marco glanced at the others, then at Davis. "Uh, well, my parents were from Cuba. I grew up in Miami, and I had a little sister. I don't remember that much, honestly. Just that my mama's cooking was the absolute best," he smiled at the memory.

I'm like the cool, ninja sharpshooter!

BlueberryDoughnut

• Knife Wife, Keeper of the Holy Bun
« Reply #274 on: Today at 11:16:27 AM »

Theo fidgeted in his seat, now visibly nervous and on-edge. "My parents are vegetarians," he stated. What exactly was he supposed to say? The last real memory he had of his family was the night he'd accidentally burned down their house, and gotten sent away. "I'm an only child."

Aspen looked over at the others, then turned to look into the camera. "Well, uh, I'm an only child too. My grandparents lived in the house with us; they had some memory problems and other issues going on, and couldn't be independent anymore. And I had a lot of cousins. We'd have family dinner every week with all my aunts and uncles."

Davis paused to take that all in. "So, Lucy, why does Simon not live with you?"
t-tell youw boyfwend if he says he's got beef
that i'm a vegetawian and i ain't f*cking scawed of him
she wants to touch me uwu
she wants to love me uwu
she'll neve leave me uwu, uwu, owo

ChaoticRhymer

« Reply #275 on: Today at 11:34:32 AM »

"He's dead." Lucy answered. "He died trying not to scream after an RPG blew off his legs, arm, and lacerated his body."

Pages: 1 ... 17 18 [19]