Scott Westerfeld Forum

Pages: 1 ... 350 351 [352]

Author Topic: New York, New York  (Read 58571 times)

Mara-la

• strange fruit
    • Instagram
Re: New York, New York
« Reply #5265 on: May 19, 2019, 02:25:41 PM »

"He did try to kill me once," Autumn replied quietly, not caring now whether or not Grayson knew, still too much in shock. "I don't really know what to expect from him now."
Member since April 24th 2010.
----------------------------------
Author of "We All Come Home"
Short story; pub. March 2018
in Scarborough Fair Magazine
www.youtube.com/maragrace

Eraisuithiel

« Reply #5266 on: May 19, 2019, 02:43:50 PM »

"He what?" Grayson asked, taking a step back. "How is he even allowed to be near you? You should have a restraining order set up or something."

Mara-la

• strange fruit
    • Instagram
« Reply #5267 on: May 19, 2019, 02:48:00 PM »

"I don't even know how he's here. He got out a couple months ago, he never tried to make contact. I was pretty sure he wasn't allowed to, but there's no way he just got out here, I know for fact that part of his conditions of release were that he had to have regular check ins with a therapist, has to do community service, and if either of those aren't met, the police can come get him. Clayton is a small town, police would notice if he just left. Of course... he was friends with a lot of the cops there, back in the day..." Autumn shut her eyes. As much as she hated this moment... she wanted to call him. She had questions and she wanted answers. But it wasn't smart. It was scary.

Eraisuithiel

« Reply #5268 on: May 19, 2019, 03:02:54 PM »

"You should tell Rob. Warn him, have him ban the guy from the shop and the building in general," Grayson said. "And, speaking of which, I was on a mission earlier," he added as he snuck past the two of them to order coffees and breakfast sandwiches for himself and Sophie.

Mara-la

• strange fruit
    • Instagram
« Reply #5269 on: May 19, 2019, 03:21:36 PM »

The shop. The shop that was closing, as Rob had just informed her. "Wait, Gray," she said. "You should know, shop's not going to be here much longer. Rob had to rent out the space... it's going to be a Starbucks." It was sad, kind of the end of an era.

kristina-la

• A 1000 times I've failed still your mercy remains
    • tumblr
« Reply #5270 on: May 20, 2019, 01:13:17 AM »

Andrew was furious that Todd was some how getting away with breaking his conditions. Especially as it put Autumns life in jeopardy. With Todd around, Andrew knew he would be on edge constantly. Even in that moment, he knew he had to get going to work but it made him sick thinking about leaving her all alone. At her revelation about the shop, Andrew looked around and a sadness crept into his eyes, “that’s terrible,” he said. Overpriced coffee that wasn’t even good. How would they survive? “What about your job?” Andrew asked carefully

“No matter how filthy something gets, you can always clean it right up”

Eraisuithiel

« Reply #5271 on: May 21, 2019, 12:54:37 PM »

"But the apartment will be okay, right? He's not going to have to sell it, right?" Grayson asked, concerned that they would all have to find new homes. Of course, the sudden realization that maybe he and Sophie would be able to find a new place all of their own hit him, and he couldn't say that he was opposed to the idea.

Mara-la

• strange fruit
    • Instagram
« Reply #5272 on: May 21, 2019, 02:27:16 PM »

"My job... is transferable, it seems," Autumn said to Andrew. "I'll have to go through the interview for formality, but I should be able to get into it." She turned to Grayson. "He actually didn't say anything about the apartments. I mean he's not selling the shop, just leasing it out, so I don't think it's dire yet..."

kristina-la

• tumblr
« Reply #5273 on: May 21, 2019, 03:55:30 PM »

“Well that’s an upside then,” he said, trying to be optimistic about the situation. “I certainly  hope things don’t get worse,” Andrew said, though it was not looking too good. He just hoped they wouldn’t be too affected by it

Eraisuithiel

« Reply #5274 on: May 22, 2019, 10:12:10 AM »

"I honestly don't see how things could get worse for me," Grayson said, though he wore his crooked grin. "I have to head back upstairs, I promise Sophie I'd bring breakfast," he said then, waving to them as he left the shop and made his way back to his apartment.

kristina-la

• tumblr
« Reply #5275 on: May 22, 2019, 10:31:00 AM »

Andrew watched Grayson head off then turned his gaze back to Autumn, failing at hiding just how worried he was with the whole Todd situation. "I should get to work..." he said reluctantly.

Pages: 1 ... 350 351 [352]