Scott Westerfeld Forum

Pages: 1 ... 53 54 [55]

Author Topic: Les Voleurs - A WWII Thieves Role Play  (Read 3990 times)

|ĸιrα|

• ᴴᵃᵛᵉ ᶜᵒᵘʳᵃᵍᵉ ᵃᶰᵈ ᵇᵉ ᵏᶤᶰᵈ
Re: Les Voleurs - A WWII Thieves Role Play
« Reply #810 on: November 15, 2018, 03:10:07 AM »

Auguste took off after her. It didn't take long to reach the truck, and once they did getting inside was relatively easy.

Where there is goodness, there is magic

Emma-la

« Reply #811 on: November 15, 2018, 03:44:58 AM »

Thérèse hopped into the truck and stared at all the people squished into the truck. She frowned and looked at the boys, then back at the people. “Do you know why you’re being taken?”
“The only way out of the labyrinth of suffering is to forgive.”
*~*RESIDENT FORUM ROLEPLAYING ADDICT*~*

Eraisuithiel

« Reply #812 on: November 15, 2018, 01:20:10 PM »

Félicien hopped inside after them, crouching between Auguste and the back of the truck. Everybody aboard looked confused and scared.

"We-we're not sure," one man, quite older, spoke up. "They haven't told us anything."

<**so I remember nothing about wwII timelines... are they being taken to camps already? Or just relocated to the slums or whatever?**>

Emma-la

« Reply #813 on: Today at 09:12:53 AM »

[so I did some research and it looks like they were commonly used for extermination and all that terrible stuff around 1942, however most were built much earlier and used to hold political prisoners. I’d say we’re at a time point (1941) where they would have started moving people out of the ghettos but I may be jumping the gun. It’s difficult to know for sure since so much of it was kept secret from the public and even the people being taken were mislead and told to bring their belongings which ended up confiscated]

Thérèses heart filled with pain for these people. They looked so terrified. She crouched beside the old man, putting her hand on his arm. “We’re here to help, anything you can tell us will help. Did they tell you to bring anything?”

Eraisuithiel

« Reply #814 on: Today at 03:41:17 PM »

"Told us to pack our things, as much as we could. That we were being relocated," the man said.

Félicien frowned, looking over at the others. "Are they just moving people around because they can? Trying to prove a point or something?"

Emma-la

« Reply #815 on: Today at 03:44:58 PM »

Thérèse furrowed her brow. Something didn’t seem right. “I don’t know Félicien,” she said softly. “I can’t imagine they’d do it just to prove a point. I mean you must have seen the propaganda. What if we went with them? All the way to wherever they go?” She knew it was dangerous, but she was desperate to find out where they were taking these people.

Eraisuithiel

« Reply #816 on: Today at 04:00:27 PM »

"If this truck doesn't stop again we might have to," Félicien said. "We can duck down with everyone else I guess. Hopefully they won't notice a few extra people."

Emma-la

« Reply #817 on: Today at 04:02:09 PM »

“I’m sure we can blend in,” she assured Félicien. “I think it’s the right thing to do. Maybe you’re right and it’s just frivolous relocation.” She have him a small smile.

Eraisuithiel

« Reply #818 on: Today at 04:17:51 PM »

"Let's hope so. Otherwise we might have to outrun angry nazis. And their guns," he replied with a shudder.

Emma-la

« Reply #819 on: Today at 04:21:55 PM »

A bump in the road knocked Thérèse into Félicien for a moment before she could right herself and simply sat on the floor of the truck, apologizing in a muttered voice. “I suppose we wait then.”

|ĸιrα|

• ᴴᵃᵛᵉ ᶜᵒᵘʳᵃᵍᵉ ᵃᶰᵈ ᵇᵉ ᵏᶤᶰᵈ
« Reply #820 on: Today at 05:36:24 PM »

Auguste worried his bottom lip as he leaned back against the side of the truck to keep himself upright. Something didn't sit right in his stomach about this, but he decided not to voice his opinion on that.

Where there is goodness, there is magic

Eraisuithiel

« Reply #821 on: Today at 06:48:38 PM »

Félicien brushed off the spot where she had bumped into him, clearly annoyed with everything. "That's really all we can do," he muttered. "Just wait. And hope we manage to get out of here." He had a bad feeling about it all though; a cold, sinking feeling.
Pages: 1 ... 53 54 [55]