Scott Westerfeld Forum

Pages: 1 ... 235 236 [237] 238 239 ... 362

Author Topic: Unlikely Allies  (Read 86620 times)

BlueberryDoughnut

• Knife Wife, Keeper of the Holy Bun
Re: Unlikely Allies
« Reply #3540 on: June 09, 2018, 05:55:35 AM »

(*Salerian* c: )

"I'm excited," Alec said to Cato as they approached the two noblemer. "This is going to be a lot of fun."

Sunny shrugged. "I dunno. Sticking with biology sounds okay, but then I need to figure out what to minor in. Or concentrate on, or whatever."
t-tell youw boyfwend if he says he's got beef
that i'm a vegetawian and i ain't f*cking scawed of him
she wants to touch me uwu
she wants to love me uwu
she'll neve leave me uwu, uwu, owo

|ĸιrα|

• Razzle Dazzle Time!
« Reply #3541 on: June 09, 2018, 06:00:17 AM »

(Okay thank god ive been so confused about what it is)

"Yeah, definitely," Cato agreed and watched Mary and Andri carefully as they approached them.

"Well, what are your options?" He asked as he got up to come over and look.

I'm like the cool, ninja sharpshooter!

LittleK

• On a le pouvoir de s'aimer, okay?
« Reply #3542 on: June 09, 2018, 07:16:51 AM »

Mary stopped and turned to her sister. “This’ll be a good swim, I’m sure of it.” She replied, she turned Andri towards the sea by holding her by the shoulders. Mary threw her cigarette to the sand and stood on it.
“Hm. Low tide, lovely sun. Yeah. I guess.” Andri replied dreamily with a smile.
Mary looked at the onlookers and nodded to them softly, she looked to her sister with dismay and a smile.
You're filled with determination

BlueberryDoughnut

« Reply #3543 on: June 09, 2018, 07:43:25 AM »

Alec focused all his energy on strengthening Cato's telekinesis, so much so that he hardly noticed anything going on outside that.

Sunny glanced over the list and read the options to him. "What do you think about microbiology?" she asked, even though she herself wasn't too excited by it.
she wants to love me uwu

|ĸιrα|

• Razzle Dazzle Time!
« Reply #3544 on: June 10, 2018, 06:11:36 AM »

Cato felt the sudden surge of power and he had to steady himself a bit before he reached out and used it to lift Andri up, and positioned to throw her out into the ocean.

"That'd be pretty cool. You could still go into the medical field with that, too," Chris said, though he could tell it didn't enthuse her. "You're sure they wouldn't turn you human again?" He asked, reading the list over her shoulder again.

LittleK

« Reply #3545 on: June 10, 2018, 06:46:35 AM »

Mary sighed once more and looked to the ocean then Andri. “You could go anywhere now... why stay stay here with me?”
“You were always the one I could count on. From our brothers and sisters, you were the one I could trust. I know if I ever get into trouble you could protect me.” Andri looked towards her sister.
Mary felt a pang of guilt and nodded with a small smile, “so what I’m your bodyguard?”
“In a way yes...” Andri laughed looking back out to the sea.
“Andri... you never needed protection from me.” Mary breathed out with a pause. “But you need protection when you’ve overstepped your boundaries.” Her tone dropped and she took a step away from her.

BlueberryDoughnut

« Reply #3546 on: June 10, 2018, 07:20:48 AM »

"Whenever you're ready," Alec said to Cato. Looking at Andri, he felt a strange pang in his chest, as if he were for some reason upset about hurting her feelings.

"If the mer are really struggling as much as they say, and they wouldn't turn Mary human, I don't see why they'd make an exception for me." Sunny sighed quietly, still unsure as to whether or not she wanted to be turned back. Giving up nursing hurt. Giving up being a mer would hurt. How was she supposed to make sense of this?
she wants to love me uwu

|ĸιrα|

• Razzle Dazzle Time!
« Reply #3547 on: June 10, 2018, 07:27:12 AM »

Cato nodded and used every ounce of his power and Alec's to lift Andri, then proceeded to toss her as far as he absolutely could to the ocean.

"Would you really want them to?" Chris asked, tilting his head.

LittleK

« Reply #3548 on: June 10, 2018, 07:36:16 AM »

Andri’s head started to tingle and looked to her, then behind her to see two figures hanging back. She stared at them hardly, and then turned back. She closed her eyes tight, and muttered in obscure Salernan which Mary didn’t understand. Andri opened her eyes and tensed her jaw, then a sly smile came to her face. “You were my favourite sibling for a reason. You’re weak.” Her smile turned cold and scoffed. “You don’t have a backbone when comes to standing up for yourself.”
Andri closed the space between them, and hugged her tightly. “But you’re right. I don’t need protection. But you should start your protecting your friends. You should start appreciating them more, Alec for example.”
Mary let go of her sister and pushed her to the sand. “You can’t make these empty threats once you’re back at home.” She spat, kicking sand in her face.

(IMAGINE THIS POST WAS POSTED BEFORE SHE WAS TOSSED TO THE SEA.)

Mary fell to the sand as she saw her sister zip through the air, without almost a sound. She looked to the boys and then to her feet. Her breaths sharp as her fingers raked through her hair.

BlueberryDoughnut

« Reply #3549 on: June 10, 2018, 08:39:02 AM »

Alec stared out at Andri probably for longer than he should, but quickly blinked and snapped himself out of it, returning Cato to normal again.
"I feel a lot better now that she's gone," he said, mostly to himself.

Sunny took a deep breath and shrugged. "I don't know," she said. "And that kind of scares me."
she wants to love me uwu

|ĸιrα|

• Razzle Dazzle Time!
« Reply #3550 on: June 10, 2018, 08:49:39 AM »

Cato had to take a minute to catch his breath. That'd been...way too exhilarating. "Is it always like that, when you use your ability?" He asked Alec.

Chris nodded slowly. "I guess it's not very cut and dry, huh?" He asked with a sad smile. "Well, what do you like about being a mer that makes you want to stay one?"

LittleK

« Reply #3551 on: June 10, 2018, 08:59:46 AM »

Mary looked out into the ocean, trying to control her breaths. She realised that she was making the waters curl which made her stand up form where she was sitting and joined the guys. “Nice going.” She muttered.

BlueberryDoughnut

« Reply #3552 on: June 10, 2018, 09:42:51 AM »

"For me, no. But my friends react very similarly," Alec said, and cracked a small smile.

Sunny took a deep breath, closing her eyes. "It just...being a mer is part of who I am now. I don't really like the thought of changing that."
she wants to love me uwu

|ĸιrα|

• Razzle Dazzle Time!
« Reply #3553 on: June 10, 2018, 09:50:46 AM »

"Huh," Cato nodded and ran his fingers through his hair as he turned to Mary. "So, that worked."

Chris nodded and studied her, then reached out and gently touched her hand. "It seems like it'd be hard to give up," he agreed.

BlueberryDoughnut

« Reply #3554 on: June 10, 2018, 12:25:55 PM »

"What do you think about that?" she asked, looking down at their hands. "Would you still want to be with me if I don't get turned back?"
she wants to love me uwu
Pages: 1 ... 235 236 [237] 238 239 ... 362