Scott Westerfeld Forum

Pages: 1 ... 212 213 [214] 215 216 ... 286

Author Topic: Unlikely Allies  (Read 45796 times)

BlueberryDoughnut

• Knife Wife, Keeper of the Holy Bun
Re: Unlikely Allies
« Reply #3195 on: May 18, 2018, 12:31:51 PM »

(Lol man it happens)

Even though Sunny knew perfectly well that nothing good ever came of her asking him this question, she still did. "What's wrong?"

Cole turned his head to look, and furrowed his brows. "She doesn't really look like a witch," he said quietly. He wasn't sure what he'd been expecting, but it hadn't been that.

"Andri can influence people. Like mind control, in a way," Alec explained. He didn't take his eyes off Andri.
Climb these hills, I'm reaching for the heights
And chasing all the lights that shine
And when they let you down, you'll get up off the ground
Morning rolls around and it's another day of sun

~ La La Land ~

|ĸιrα|

• ᴴᵃᵛᵉ ᶜᵒᵘʳᵃᵍᵉ ᵃᶰᵈ ᵇᵉ ᵏᶤᶰᵈ
« Reply #3196 on: May 18, 2018, 12:38:13 PM »

Chris sighed and dropped his head a bit. "I'm okay, Sunny, really," he said. As if to prove his point, he carefully stood up.

Clemence looked at Cole and nodded in agreement. "Yeah, she doesn't."

Cato shuddered involuntarily at that. "Ah, Poseidon," he muttered. (Idk what sort of religion mers have. Do they have organized religion)

Where there is goodness, there is magic

LittleK

• On a le pouvoir de s'aimer, okay?
« Reply #3197 on: May 18, 2018, 07:19:23 PM »

(That’d be cool tho)
“So What now?” Mary brushed her hands on her jean pants. “What’s the girl going to do now?”

Andri stares back at Alec. “I’ve been known to control multiple people at the same time.” She patted Emma’s arm and smiled. “But don’t worry... darling. I wouldn’t do anything to harm you. You trust me remember?”
You're filled with determination

BlueberryDoughnut

« Reply #3198 on: May 18, 2018, 11:26:22 PM »

(I...have not thought that far, actually XD)

"Yes, I know. I do trust you," Emma repeated, blinking slowly.
Andrew cleared his throat, and said, "So, Emma, do you recognize those boys?" while gesturing to Chris and Cole.
Emma looked up at Andri, waiting for the answer.

Sunny reached for his hand and laced their fingers together lightly. She was more nervous at meeting this witch than she'd thought.

Cole delicately stood up, looking Emma right in the eyes. This girl was responsible for the worst thing to happen to him? Most of his life's problems could be blamed on a baby-faced teenager? It didn't seem real.

Alec's eyes widened when Andri said that. "Gods above, multiple people at once?"

~ La La Land ~

|ĸιrα|

« Reply #3199 on: May 18, 2018, 11:37:11 PM »

(Hahahaha)

Chris turned to the teenager and narrowed his eyes. He was thankful for Sunny's touch because it kept him grounded, otherwise he would be incredibly pissed off and yelling at a highschooler didn't seem like a good use of his energy.

Clemence looked over at Cole, then reached over and gently touched his arm.

Ferris watched the exchange between Emma and Andrew. The way she looked at Andri sent a shudder through him. "Uh, do we have to keep her in the mind control thing?" He asked, looking between everyone.

Cato tensed up even more at that. "How?" He asked, eyes narrowing. Now there was no way he'd trust her, but what baffled him even more was the fact that the witch was apparently real. The Council would be pretty interested in that.

LittleK

« Reply #3200 on: May 19, 2018, 12:38:12 AM »

Mary looked to her sister and nudged her arm. “Stop. You don’t have to flaunt your powers they get it.”
Andri whispered to Emma to open her eyes, and to stay close to her. She quickly snatched her sister’s arm and tensed her jaw. “Don’t tell me what to do. Stay away from me until this is over.”
Mary’s eyebrows scrunched up and let go, she stood by Sunny and breathed out. “Let’s this over and done with.” She muttered, she may have made a big mistake breaking her sister out.

BlueberryDoughnut

« Reply #3201 on: May 19, 2018, 01:19:49 AM »

Sunny squeezed Chris' hand and looked over at Mary. "Do we have a way to stop her if she goes nuts?" she whispered.

Alec decided to dial down Andri's powers, enough so that controlling Emma would be all she was able to do. The way the witch was just immediately obeying her...it didn't sit well with Alec.

Cole looked over at Clemence and smiled softly, then stepped back next to Chris.

"Emma, did you hear me?" Andrew asked.
She nodded. "Yes, I did. I know of them, but I haven't met them personally." Emma's eyes flickered over to the werewolves, then to the hunters, and her face slowly turned to a look of horror mixed with confusion. "You...you're on the same side?"

~ La La Land ~

LittleK

« Reply #3202 on: May 19, 2018, 01:53:16 AM »

“Drench her. She’s always in control, always. But trapping her in a water bubble stops her from controlling people. That and knocking her out cold.” She grumbled averting her eyes away from her sister.

Andri looked to Alec and narrowed her eyes towards him, she felt his power and gave a sly smile.

|ĸιrα|

« Reply #3203 on: May 19, 2018, 01:55:35 AM »

Clemence turned to Emma again and nodded in response to her question. "So you knew they were normal, good people and you still tried to have us kill them?" she asked, venom seeping into her tone.

Chris shifted uncomfortably. "And how did you know who we were? I mean, someone had to tell you, right?" he asked.

BlueberryDoughnut

« Reply #3204 on: May 19, 2018, 02:03:48 AM »

"I was just doing what my sister asked me," Emma said in an attempt to defend herself. "I'm not the one who came up with the curses! And I don't know, the older witches, they know everything. I just joined last year, so I'm still in training," she said to Chris.
"Training?" Andrew repeated, raising an eyebrow.
"Yeah, I...well, I'm actually not supposed to say," Emma said, looking down at her sneakers.

"Well, I don't have any water on me, so knocking her out will have to do," Sunny muttered. She didn't like the sound of that.

Alec felt a cold chill go through him at Andri's expression, and he decided to dial her down even more. He sensed how weak her grip on Emma was becoming, and if Andri behaved herself and stopped being so damn creepy, he might let her have more of her power back.

~ La La Land ~

LittleK

« Reply #3205 on: May 19, 2018, 02:51:41 AM »

"Couldn't you put an image in her mind or something? As much I would love to punch my sister, I think it would be easier." Mary kept close with Sunny.

"You can tell us anything darling... please don't hold back." Andri looked to her with a smile, and rubbed her arm.

|ĸιrα|

« Reply #3206 on: May 19, 2018, 03:08:22 AM »

Cato watched Andri's hand carefully, his eyes narrowing. If he needed he supposed he could shove her away from anyone she tried to touch with ease.

BlueberryDoughnut

« Reply #3207 on: May 19, 2018, 03:16:26 AM »

"I can't do that without touching her first, and that means she might be able to get a hold of me," Sunny said with a frown. There really was no good way to do this.

"They have me shadowing an older witch. She's called my sister," Emma explained. "But yeah, my sister figured out who the werewolves were, and chose the hunters for them. And then it was my job to train the hunters. This was the first big assignment I had, and I ruined it. She's gonna be so mad at me..." She trailed off, on the verge of crying.

"Wait, you said curses. Plural. There's more than one?" Cole asked her.

Emma nodded, and pointed to him and Chris, then to Andrew and Clemence in turn. "You two, and you two. Cursed. All of you."

~ La La Land ~

|ĸιrα|

« Reply #3208 on: May 19, 2018, 03:23:00 AM »

Cato glanced over his shoulder at Sunny and Mary, then walked over to them. "If you, me, and Alec all use our powers we could take care of her," he said, wiggling his fingers.

"Wait, what? How'd we get cursed?" Chris furrowed his brows. "What do you even have to do to get a curse like this?"

Clemence looked over at Andrew, then at Chris and Cole. What did that even mean?

BlueberryDoughnut

« Reply #3209 on: May 19, 2018, 04:12:11 AM »

"You were born with it," Emma said to Chris. "You both were. It runs in families."

Andrew looked over at Clemence, a crease appearing between his furrowed brows. They were cursed, too? Was that how they'd gotten their hunter powers?

"What? No. No, that's bullshit. That's such bullshit, there's no way! I don't have any werewolf relatives!" Cole shouted. He had to reach over and take Clemence's hand to avoid punching the little witch in the face.

~ La La Land ~
Pages: 1 ... 212 213 [214] 215 216 ... 286