Scott Westerfeld Forum

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6

Author Topic: Backstreet Mages  (Read 1363 times)

The Primal Song Continues

Re: Backstreet Mages
« Reply #30 on: November 14, 2017, 01:23:56 PM »

Dosn't matter, although there may be some pretty adult content (one of my characters is an incubus after all), so use your own discretion.
Do not meddle in the affairs of dragons, for you are crunchy and taste good with ketchup.

One must never tolerate evil. For first, evil is tolerated; then embraced, then ailed as being good, then it becomes unlawful to do what is actually good.

Ceres

• Orangé Tong
« Reply #31 on: November 14, 2017, 01:26:06 PM »

I was thinking of having her be a child that had to grow up too fast so that would probably work. Also, it's cool if I have two characters, right? Because I just realized this RP is the perfect opportunity to use a sort-of-OC concept I've had laying around for awhile.

« Reply #32 on: November 14, 2017, 01:29:10 PM »

Sure, that's perfectly fine.
Do not meddle in the affairs of dragons, for you are crunchy and taste good with ketchup.

One must never tolerate evil. For first, evil is tolerated; then embraced, then ailed as being good, then it becomes unlawful to do what is actually good.

Panzercrappitastica

• Westerforum Resident Exalt
« Reply #33 on: November 14, 2017, 01:54:37 PM »

Hey so I still love the concept of this roleplay and would like to be part of it but can I request that I/my character not be involved in anything sexual 'cause I am not comfy with that
Purple-handed peep Volger with a flash tattoo hoverboarding around the Lynx in the blue hour with adreneline coursing through his penguins while failing to own the sunset! In a hoop skirt.

Pan the Imperial Bucket Holder

"Early to bed, early to rise, early to plan the world's demise"
- Catvomitsky

« Reply #34 on: November 14, 2017, 02:41:50 PM »

I think that would be fine. If your character's female, Lucius will probably at least flirt though.

« Reply #35 on: November 16, 2017, 10:00:51 AM »

*calls out and listens to the echo* helo?!

U-126

« Reply #36 on: November 16, 2017, 10:26:35 AM »

Ich bin ein Wolf auf die Suche!

|ĸιrα|

• bad boyfriend, damn good babysitter
« Reply #37 on: November 16, 2017, 01:20:33 PM »

yo ima do this still but school is hella hard rn so I can make a character maybe tomorrow hopefully if not then this weekend for sure

I'm stealthy, like a ninja

« Reply #38 on: November 16, 2017, 01:21:08 PM »

👌

Ceres

• Orangé Tong
« Reply #39 on: November 16, 2017, 01:37:27 PM »

I think it's safe to say that school and other responsibilities are at a high this time of year, so that's probably why everyone is MIA

GreyCaboose

• lIKE ZOINKS SCOOB
« Reply #40 on: November 16, 2017, 01:55:37 PM »

Name: Anansi
Age: 1,095 (Appears to be in late teens to early twenties when under glamour)
Race: Incubus
Appearance: Average height for a young adult male, with dark grey skin and twisted brown/white horns that curl around his face. His legs are furry and goatlike, and he has a long tail that does not end in a prong, but rather is slender like that of a rats. When under glamour, he resembles a young adult boy of mixed race - Part African-American, part Inuit - with a rather adorable shaggy dandelion puff of black curly hair that bounces with every step. His skin is dark, but not ebony, as he has visible freckles dotting his cheeks and nose. He has wide, cheerful eyes colored so brown one could mistake them for black (Spoiler Alert: they are black, but who would tell someone that one's eyes are black colored?). He has full lips and an innocent smile, and he likes to wear flannel jackets over graphic tees with tight skinny jeans.
Personality: Anansi is a cheerful, innocent-seeming boy at first, but this is more or less a clever ruse to let people's guards down. He is a mischievous trickster at heart and rather coldhearted, not caring too much about the emotions or well-being of anyone other than him or the people he cares about (not many people!). He is a cunning individual and loves to trick unsuspecting individuals, even more than he loves seducing them with his naive persona (bonus points for when he's able to do both!).
Backstory: During the late Viking era, Anansi and his sister (or sister figure?) were summoned by a young magic user to do her bidding and assist her with gaining power. However, her life was mysteriously cut short when she was found by the others in her village lying dead in her bed, throat slit. The identity of her murderer was and is unclear. Since then, Anansi and his sister lived a life as twin criminals to survive, tricking people out of their hard-earned money so that they could both live as royalty. Traveling with the Vikings to Newfoundland, Anansi and his sister set out living in Canada, where they spent much of their time up until the 1940s, when they headed to Alaska, and then the 1990s, when they moved further into America. Now they're both living in a very nice penthouse apartment, still up to their previous schemes.
Other: Anansi goes by a false identity - Louis Lacivi.

Name: Iktomi
Age: 1,095 (looks a little older than Anansi under glamour)
Race: Succubus
Appearance: Iktomi is tall and thin, and in her demon form has pitch black skin (to the point where her eyes, nose, mouth, and other facial features are pretty much invisible) and long, straight, gazelle-esque horns. Her legs are goatlike but the fur on her legs is much shorter and coarse, like that of a horse's hair. In her human form she is just as tall and thin, with sharp features and freckle-free skin that is slightly lighter than Anansi's. Her hair is long, jet-black, straight, and silky, going down to her mid-back. She is thin to the point of being gaunt, and has half-lidded, dark eyes the same color as Anansi's. Her fingers are long and end in sharp nails, and her teeth are naturally rather long and canine. Her lips are thin and she appears to be in her late 20s. She always looks judgemental.
Personality: Iktomi is quieter and less naive-presenting than her brother, but just as cunning and just as coldhearted, if not moreso. She is sharp and very furtive, and doesn't like to talk unless she absolutely must. Even then, she is short and stoic. She is somehow rather alluring in this sense, and can be very seductive when she wishes to be. She despises overconfident people.
Backstory: Summoned alongside her brother, she traveled by his side and endured all that he did, all the time always being the one pulling the strings. Her backstory and her brother's are pretty much the exact same.
Other: She, too, has a false identity - Lena Lacivi. While she looks older than Anansi, they are essentially twins.

How do these two look?
pull the trigger, piglet,

« Reply #41 on: November 16, 2017, 01:58:44 PM »

Pretty good.

Panzercrappitastica

• Westerforum Resident Exalt
« Reply #42 on: November 16, 2017, 02:15:35 PM »

Anansi like the spider? :O I can't remember any specific stories but I remember reading about him as a kid
Purple-handed peep Volger with a flash tattoo hoverboarding around the Lynx in the blue hour with adreneline coursing through his penguins while failing to own the sunset! In a hoop skirt.

Pan the Imperial Bucket Holder

"Early to bed, early to rise, early to plan the world's demise"
- Catvomitsky

GreyCaboose

• lIKE ZOINKS SCOOB
« Reply #43 on: November 16, 2017, 02:20:26 PM »

yes, Anansi and Iktomi are both named after trickster spider gods (of African and Lakota lore, specifically!)!!
pull the trigger, piglet,

Ceres

• Orangé Tong
« Reply #44 on: November 16, 2017, 02:21:09 PM »

I knew the name Anansi sounded familiar :0 That is awesome
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6