Scott Westerfeld Forum

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5

Author Topic: Backstreet Mages  (Read 1241 times)

Panzercrappitastica

• Westerforum Resident Exalt
Re: Backstreet Mages
« Reply #45 on: November 16, 2017, 02:30:46 PM »

Ooooh, awesome! And super interesting that there're trickster spiders in two solidly seperate belief systems :O
Purple-handed peep Volger with a flash tattoo hoverboarding around the Lynx in the blue hour with adreneline coursing through his penguins while failing to own the sunset! In a hoop skirt.

Pan the Imperial Bucket Holder

"Early to bed, early to rise, early to plan the world's demise"
- Catvomitsky

The Primal Song Continues

« Reply #46 on: November 16, 2017, 02:36:13 PM »

This'll be fun.
Do not meddle in the affairs of dragons, for you are crunchy and taste good with ketchup.

One must never tolerate evil. For first, evil is tolerated; then embraced, then ailed as being good, then it becomes unlawful to do what is actually good.

Panzercrappitastica

« Reply #47 on: November 18, 2017, 05:31:11 AM »

Name: Jaden Matzel
Race: Human
Type of magic user: Alchemist (pharmakia)
Appearance: Jaden is tall and lanky, with thick, curly black hair that comes to their shoulders when it's not tied up in a sloppy ponytail. They dress comfortably in t-shits and sweatpants. They're usually unshaven and constantly look tired.
Personality: Full of themself. They always think they're the smartest person in the room, and they act like it. Despite that, they don't have much of a sense of self-importance; they see themself (and everyone else) as pretty irrelevant in the grand scheme of things. They don't care much about how they're perceived. They tend to get single-mindedly focused on one thing for weeks or months at a time, neglecting things like interpersonal relationships and personal health and hygiene in the meantime.
Backstory: Nothing very exciting. They've been fascinated with chemistry since they knew what it was and have always pursued knowledge of chemistry; adding magic to it wasn't so much a switch to them as it was a logical next step. They don't believe magic is supernatural; it's just not as well-understood as more traditional branches of science, and Jaden is trying to change that.
Other: Currently trying to create an elixir of life (unless that already exists?), not because they necessarily want to live forever, but because they want to see if they can. They don't care what pronouns people use for them.

Is this good?
Purple-handed peep Volger with a flash tattoo hoverboarding around the Lynx in the blue hour with adreneline coursing through his penguins while failing to own the sunset! In a hoop skirt.

- Catvomitsky

« Reply #48 on: November 18, 2017, 08:27:12 AM »

Yep.
Do not meddle in the affairs of dragons, for you are crunchy and taste good with ketchup.

One must never tolerate evil. For first, evil is tolerated; then embraced, then ailed as being good, then it becomes unlawful to do what is actually good.

Panzercrappitastica

« Reply #49 on: November 18, 2017, 11:44:46 AM »

Rad

- Catvomitsky

BlueberryDoughnut

• Knife Wife, Keeper of the Holy Bun
« Reply #50 on: November 21, 2017, 05:01:10 AM »

Back street back ALL RIGHT
I promise I'm not neglecting this rp, I'm just busy and will get to it probably within the next few days.
"We are not drawn to God by iron chains, but by sweet attractions and holy inspirations."
      ~ St. Francis de Sales

"God can write straight with crooked lines. We just have to let Him in."
      ~ Fr. Mike Schmitz

"Love is a losing game...one I wish I never played..."
       ~ Amy Winehouse

« Reply #51 on: November 21, 2017, 05:47:47 AM »

Ho hum.....

BlueberryDoughnut

« Reply #52 on: November 23, 2017, 08:52:48 AM »

Name: Ashley Bennett
Race: Human
Type of magic user (if applicable): Witch
Appearance: Ashley is African American/black/whatever descriptive term gets me in the least amount of trouble. She has cocoa-colored brown skin, and her tightly coiled black hair barely grazes her shoulders. She has brown eyes that appear almost black, and she has multiple piercings in the cartilage of her ears, and one through her septum. Ashley likes to dress in more of a punk rock style, with lots of black and some colors.
Personality: She's a confident, stubborn, take charge type of person who doesn't back down from anything easily. Ashley is not shy about using her magic for any reason, and she can be a bit of a troublemaker.
Backstory: Ashley spent her early childhood in and out of various foster homes, but was finally adopted by the Bennetts at age nine. Since then, she's had a relatively stable life, without much to talk about. She's been mischievous since a young age, which has gotten her in trouble many times, but other than that, her life has been pretty ordinary.
Other: She learned some basics of magic from one of her foster siblings as a child. When she left that family, she found strangers who were willing to teach her, and some she taught herself.
« Last Edit: December 06, 2017, 01:42:42 AM by BlueberryDoughnut »
"We are not drawn to God by iron chains, but by sweet attractions and holy inspirations."
      ~ St. Francis de Sales

~ Fr. Mike Schmitz

~ Amy Winehouse

« Reply #53 on: November 28, 2017, 06:25:27 AM »

Looks pretty good. You probably want to change race to human, and put witch in the type of magic slot. And maybe a bit on how/where she learned magic.

BlueberryDoughnut

« Reply #54 on: December 06, 2017, 01:42:54 AM »

Just edited it :)
      ~ St. Francis de Sales

~ Fr. Mike Schmitz

~ Amy Winehouse

« Reply #55 on: December 06, 2017, 02:39:56 AM »

👍

« Reply #56 on: December 12, 2017, 02:38:03 PM »

Is everyone ready to start?
« Last Edit: December 12, 2017, 02:39:52 PM by The Primal Song Continues »

Panzercrappitastica

« Reply #57 on: December 12, 2017, 03:25:33 PM »

I am!

- Catvomitsky

GreyCaboose

• lIKE ZOINKS SCOOB
« Reply #58 on: December 12, 2017, 03:27:23 PM »

yee!
pull the trigger, piglet,

BlueberryDoughnut

« Reply #59 on: December 12, 2017, 03:33:10 PM »

Totes dude
      ~ St. Francis de Sales

~ Fr. Mike Schmitz

~ Amy Winehouse
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5