Scott Westerfeld Forum

Author Topic: Breached (Themyscira RP)  (Read 302 times)

FarahBulous

• Hiya! My name's Farah!
Breached (Themyscira RP)
« on: January 21, 2018, 12:11:11 AM »

It started with a body, fingers still clasped around a piece of wreckage. Then another, only a few days later. Then another.
Nobody was supposed to get into Themyscira--especially not mortals. Amazons live a life away from the human world; they live to honor the gods, not to be among mortals.

Everything changes when a body washes up on a beach--and this time, it's alive.

-=-

Hi everyone! I've watched Wonder Woman twice already (I'm watching it a third time later today haha) and I really loved Themyscira and the Amazons! I also couldn't find any active Wonder Woman-based RPs--and even if I did, I would be too shy to join--so I decided to make my own! Feel free to create a character, but please use the template below:

Name:
Alias:
Country of Origin:
Appearance:
Personality:
History:
Weapon(s) and Armor:
Other:

Here's my character as an example:

Name: Lupe
Alias: Lupe Page
Country of Origin: Egypt
Appearance: Lupe has dark brown eyes and curly black hair, which she keeps in a high ponytail most of the time. She has fair olive skin, with several small white scars on her arms and a large cut across the bridge of her nose. She's fairly muscular, with defined arms and legs, and is shorter than most Amazons.
Personality: Lupe is quiet and observant, but is always itching to prove herself in a fight. She is shy among outsiders but opens up fairly quickly. She can't help but lend a hand to anyone in need, which has gotten her in trouble more times than she can count.
Backstory: Lupe was born into a moderately poor family in Memphis, Egypt, under the reign of Pharaoh Taharqa. She was surrounded by five brothers, who taught her how to race and fight. Her parents, Adilah and Fahim, treated her the same as they treated their sons. In 671 BCE, when the Assyrian army threatened to take over Egypt, Lupe's brothers and father left her home to join the royal army, and Lupe was left at home to protect her elderly mother. Assyrian soldiers conquered Memphis, and Lupe died trying to stop the soldiers from entering her home and killing her mother. With her last breaths, she prayed to Pakhet, goddess of motherhood and war, and was granted an eternal afterlife in Themyscira as a reward for her courage.
Weapon(s) and Armor: Lupe wears traditional Greco-Roman armor, like most of her fellow Amazons, and gauntlets emblazoned with the face of a lion to honor Pakhet. She fights with a long, bronze staff and, alternatively, a bow and arrows.
Other: Lupe never learned of the fate of her brothers and father, which has given her a soft spot for mortals.

-=-

Anyone can join this forum, even if you haven't read the Wonder Woman comics (I haven't lol) or watched the movie. If you have any questions, feel free to ask me. Bets of luck and have fun!
"It's not bragging if you can back it up." -Muhammad Ali

BarkingLizards

• Call me Liz :)
Re: Breached (Themyscira RP)
« Reply #1 on: January 21, 2018, 12:54:21 PM »

Just out of curiousity, is this the themyscria based on the comics or the movie? Is it going to align more with wonder woman herself or the island of girls? Other superhero’s?
Hi! :D

FarahBulous

• Hiya! My name's Farah!
Re: Breached (Themyscira RP)
« Reply #2 on: January 22, 2018, 01:59:16 AM »

Just out of curiousity, is this the themyscria based on the comics or the movie? Is it going to align more with wonder woman herself or the island of girls? Other superhero’s?
It's based on the movie and aligns mostly with the island (though you can choose to leave the island if you want). Diana still exists in this universe, but she's left Themyscira so long ago for the World of Man that she's regarded as more of a legend if anything.
"It's not bragging if you can back it up." -Muhammad Ali