Scott Westerfeld Forum

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4

Author Topic: The Balance Shifts  (Read 4788 times)

|ĸιrα|

• Razzle Dazzle Time!
Re: The Balance Shifts
« Reply #30 on: April 29, 2018, 11:16:10 PM »

I'm kind of busy this afternoon/evening so I'll probably make a starting post some time today and people can just jump in ehen they're ready.

I'm like the cool, ninja sharpshooter!

|ĸιrα|

• Razzle Dazzle Time!
« Reply #31 on: May 01, 2018, 06:12:54 AM »

WHOOPS I forgot to make my post for this lmao
I'm reading a book about the Marines in the Pacific so my mind is on that lmao so this may be kind of rough because my background knowledge of the European theater is slim because the Pacific is where it's at, yo (not really. the pacific was brutal and horrible so ANYWAY)
I'm starting this off in London. I know nothing about london. woohoo

Lucy folded up what felt like the millionth gauze strip and packed it away with the others, finishing up yet another kit to send out to the front lines. She had only been in London for about a week, but only a few months earlier the first US troops had arrived in the UK. So she wasn't that far behind, but she was really itching to get out and help the men on the front lines. That's what she had come to do, right? Yet here she was, stuffing gauze into bags to be sent out to them instead of just bringing it herself. However, when she checked the clock she soon would be able to go back to her room she was staying in, and that made her sigh with relief.

Brendan looked over his book and then flicked the end of his cigarette out, grumbling as he stuffed the small book back inside his jacket and stood up. He adjusted his cap and finished off his drink before he went to walk back out onto the street and report back to his base.

LittleK

• On a le pouvoir de s'aimer, okay?
« Reply #32 on: May 01, 2018, 06:18:16 AM »

Kathleen hurried off King Cross Pancras and held tightly two items of paper, she felt a prick of a tear form in the corner of her eye. She kept looking up and down from her map of London then on the desolate streets. It was hard enough to get by in London, but since the war it was harder to know where she was. She passed many people, without saying sorry. She finally bumped into a soldier, where her papers flew from her hands. "Gosh!" She said through gritted teeth.
(Whoops i will add in more characters l8rrr)
You're filled with determination

|ĸιrα|

• Razzle Dazzle Time!
« Reply #33 on: May 01, 2018, 06:37:56 AM »

Brendan took a bit of a stumble back to balance himself, then tried to catch a few of the papers. "Well that's a right mess, isn't it?" he said, the Irish accent thick as he bent down to pick a few of them up. "Where are you off to in such a hurry, ma'am?"

BlueberryDoughnut

• Knife Wife, Keeper of the Holy Bun
« Reply #34 on: May 01, 2018, 06:40:44 AM »

Leonie sat in a cafe, looking down at her coffee withers mild interest. Another day trapped in the library, she supposed. It was maddening.
t-tell youw boyfwend if he says he's got beef
that i'm a vegetawian and i ain't f*cking scawed of him
she wants to touch me uwu
she wants to love me uwu
she'll neve leave me uwu, uwu, owo

LittleK

« Reply #35 on: May 01, 2018, 07:08:15 AM »

Kathleen tried to catch her breath and smiled as she brushed her hair back. She smiled nervously, his accent gave her a sense of joy and reminiscent - she missed her parents. "I'm so sorry sir, I-I'm terribly lost. I think I've circled this road twice now?" She chuckled, sniffling that did her stray tears ran down her cheeks. "I'm looking Saint Bartholomew's Hospital?"

|ĸιrα|

• Razzle Dazzle Time!
« Reply #36 on: May 01, 2018, 08:08:05 AM »

Brendan tried not to look too taken aback by her appearance, and he offered a warm smile. "Well, ah, let's see," he paused to look around where they were and pointed to the street corner. "You'll just take a left right there and walk for a bit, and it'll be on your right. Can't miss it," he shuffled her papers back together and held the stack out to her.

When Lucy finished up, she changed out of her apron and grabbed her coat and hat, then went down to a nearby cafe to get something to drink before she went to where she was staying until they were sent to the front lines.

LittleK

« Reply #37 on: May 01, 2018, 09:29:02 AM »

Kathleen slowly took the papers from his hands. "Thank you, again I'm sorry for bumping into you..." She looked at his uniform and smiled. "First Officer, try and have a good day."

|ĸιrα|

• Razzle Dazzle Time!
« Reply #38 on: May 01, 2018, 09:42:06 AM »

[*cough* he's a pilot so he wouldn't have an army title]

"Wing Commander," Brendan corrected and then tipped his hat to her. "Have a good day as well, ma'am."

LittleK

« Reply #39 on: May 01, 2018, 10:01:58 AM »

(Sorrysorrysorry)

“Wing Commander.” Kath nodded and read the letters again, she sighed out loudly and slowly headed on her way.

Alex rolled his shoulders and cricked his neck. Another day of helping with civilians, he sighed. He went outside of the hospital and took a cup of tea with him.

|ĸιrα|

• Razzle Dazzle Time!
« Reply #40 on: May 02, 2018, 06:02:26 AM »

Brendan watched her go and then shook his head, heading into a nearby cafe to grab a coffee.

Lucy ordered her tea and went to go sit at a table nearby another woman and pulled her book out to read.

BlueberryDoughnut

• Knife Wife, Keeper of the Holy Bun
« Reply #41 on: May 02, 2018, 06:22:29 AM »

Leonie looked up and smiled at the other woman. “You can sit here, if you like,” she offered, and hoped that her French accent wasn’t too distracting. “I know it’s very busy this time of day.”
t-tell youw boyfwend if he says he's got beef
that i'm a vegetawian and i ain't f*cking scawed of him
she wants to touch me uwu
she wants to love me uwu
she'll neve leave me uwu, uwu, owo

|ĸιrα|

• Razzle Dazzle Time!
« Reply #42 on: May 02, 2018, 08:06:45 AM »

Lucy looked up and then smiled, her expression grateful. "Oh, thank you! That's um, that's alright, you don't need to get up."

ChaoticRhymer

« Reply #43 on: May 05, 2018, 01:35:29 PM »

Sean sat with a sigh. The cafe was a favorite of his during leave.

Mags stood watching the door, waiting do more customers.
Do not meddle in the affairs of dragons, for you are crunchy and taste good with ketchup.

"Blessed are the legend-makers, for they are not found within recorded time": J.R.R. Tolkien.

ChaoticRhymer

« Reply #44 on: May 25, 2018, 02:03:46 PM »

(Is this continuing?)
Do not meddle in the affairs of dragons, for you are crunchy and taste good with ketchup.

"Blessed are the legend-makers, for they are not found within recorded time": J.R.R. Tolkien.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4