Scott Westerfeld Forum

Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13 ... 24

Author Topic: QCRC - Worms and Astrology  (Read 3899 times)

Panzercrappitastica

• Westerforum Resident Exalt
Re: QCRC - Worms and Astrology
« Reply #150 on: March 13, 2018, 10:02:24 AM »

London shrugged. “Shooting Wurms is pretty good,” she agreed. “And I’m not exactly rich.”
Purple-handed peep Volger with a flash tattoo hoverboarding around the Lynx in the blue hour with adreneline coursing through his penguins while failing to own the sunset! In a hoop skirt.

Pan the Imperial Bucket Holder

"Early to bed, early to rise, early to plan the world's demise"
- Catvomitsky

The Primal Song Continues

« Reply #151 on: March 13, 2018, 10:56:17 AM »

"I'm here to try and end, or at least diminish the threat that the Queens and those they command present." Ordon replied, checking his shoestring.

"She's my friend. I'm not letting her get killed on the say-so of some leader of a different colony." Zin pointed at Texas.
Do not meddle in the affairs of dragons, for you are crunchy and taste good with ketchup.

One must never tolerate evil. For first, evil is tolerated; then embraced, then ailed as being good, then it becomes unlawful to do what is actually good.

GreyCaboose

• lIKE ZOINKS SCOOB
« Reply #152 on: March 13, 2018, 02:04:16 PM »

"Yeah!!" Olympus responded to London, glad to see that someone else shared his love of killing Wurms. "I guess the Queen thing is important, also. And heh! Friends. How noble!" He laughed. "Back at Ridgou we don't do friends. We do fellow soldiers!"

Tex smiled at Zin shyly, glad that she had someone here to rely on.
pull the trigger, piglet,

« Reply #153 on: March 14, 2018, 03:41:23 PM »

Ordon shook his head slightly. This kid was coming across as Polish Landmine Detector material. Please let me be able to turn these people into a working unit. We're all dead if I can't. "I suppose we should establish a chain of command."

"No friends? What a horribly lonely way to live." Zin stared at him.
Do not meddle in the affairs of dragons, for you are crunchy and taste good with ketchup.

One must never tolerate evil. For first, evil is tolerated; then embraced, then ailed as being good, then it becomes unlawful to do what is actually good.

Panzercrappitastica

« Reply #154 on: March 14, 2018, 03:44:56 PM »

(Same, Ordon)

London snorted. “Chain of command? There’s like, five of us.”
Purple-handed peep Volger with a flash tattoo hoverboarding around the Lynx in the blue hour with adreneline coursing through his penguins while failing to own the sunset! In a hoop skirt.

- Catvomitsky

GreyCaboose

• lIKE ZOINKS SCOOB
« Reply #155 on: March 14, 2018, 04:12:14 PM »

Tex nodded. "Not having friends does sound really lonely." She mumbled. "And I agree with London. Perhaps we should try to...see each other as equals instead of electing one person as a leader when we barely know you all."

"I mean, I have super positive relationships with my fellow guard dogs!" Olympus didn't seem to understand. "It isn't lonely, we just...don't call it friendship. That's like, risky." He listened to London and Tex and shrugged. "Chain of command or no, I'm still gonna shoot things and stuff. Hope that's not a dealbreaker"

« Reply #156 on: March 15, 2018, 01:19:59 AM »

"This is recon and recearch op, not a reclamation project." Ordon told him. "A certain amount of stealth and discretion is required."

"He means no, you can't go running around like a trigger-happy lunatic." Zin snarked.

GreyCaboose

• lIKE ZOINKS SCOOB
« Reply #157 on: March 15, 2018, 06:26:38 AM »

Olympus huffed. "You guys cant seriously be believing that not shooting Wurms is somehow a good idea."

"Actually, not shooting all the Wurms sounds like a great idea!" Tex chimed in.

"You're just saying that because you feel sorry for them, don't you?" Olympus narrowed his eyes.

"No, I just don't want to risk us angering a Queen!" She meekly protested.

"Classic excuse, I'm sure!" Olympus accused. "I feel like being the only human on this mission and by extension the only person who isn't in some way connected to the Wurms, I feel like I should be taken a bit more seriously here!" He pouted rather immaturely and crossed his arms.

« Reply #158 on: March 15, 2018, 09:16:37 AM »

"Nice of you to say when you have guns." Zin snarled. "The rest of us have to make do with bows and swords, while you have what, grenades? Rockets? Try fighting at our level before you judge us."

"ENOUGH!" Ordon barked in what he called his Sargent  Voice. "Yes, I would love to blow them all to Hell. But that won't get us very far in this mission. We're going in to find valueble intell, which will help in the overall war effort. We're letting some go in the short-term so that hopefully we can kill many more in the long-term."

Panzercrappitastica

« Reply #159 on: March 15, 2018, 09:40:58 AM »

London sank in her seat, reluctant to admit he was right. “I’m still gonna shoot any Wurm that gets near me,” she grumbled.

- Catvomitsky

« Reply #160 on: March 15, 2018, 09:44:47 AM »

"And attract all it's friends to us?" Ordon cocked an eyebrow. "We fight when we have to, avoid when we can."

Panzercrappitastica

« Reply #161 on: March 15, 2018, 09:48:04 AM »

London rolled her eyes. She wasn’t about to take orders from this guy, anyway.

- Catvomitsky

GreyCaboose

• lIKE ZOINKS SCOOB
« Reply #162 on: March 15, 2018, 12:13:08 PM »

"You're not my superior officer." Olympus grumbled. So what if this guy was a Sergeant? He wasn't Ridgou, so Olympus didn't care.

Tex sighed.
"All I wanted was for violence to be at a minimum..." She sadly mumbled.

« Reply #163 on: March 15, 2018, 04:15:32 PM »

"I'm trying to keep you from getting us all killed." Ordon's voice held a genuine growl this time. "So unless you have a fucking DEATHWISH I suggest you listen to me."

GreyCaboose

• lIKE ZOINKS SCOOB
« Reply #164 on: March 16, 2018, 12:00:31 AM »

Tex flinched at the noise and the growl. "Please stop being so loud.." She whimpered. "I wasn't trying to anger you."

Olympus rolled his eyes at Ordon's threat.
"I'll do me, you do you, we'll stay alive. I've been on missions like these before. I've stayed for months out of Ridgou here in the wildlands!" Ridgou was a bit known for its soldiers staying out-of-colony for much longer than the other colonies would allow, for almost a year at most, for things such as missions, training, punishments...Olympus was certain that this had to mean he was more tough, right? Tougher than a couple of Witches and Half-Wurms, at least...Right?
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13 ... 24