Scott Westerfeld Forum

Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6]

Author Topic: The Halcyon of Jaderiver Fell  (Read 3377 times)

Panzercrappitastica

• Westerforum Resident Exalt
Re: The Halcyon of Jaderiver Fell
« Reply #75 on: November 22, 2018, 04:18:27 PM »

I love the idea that Cadence is like,, rich for a tiny Northern Kingdom town but objectively not that rich and he’s gonna get to all the urban centers like “why the hell is everything so expensive this is an Injustice”
Purple-handed peep Volger with a flash tattoo hoverboarding around the Lynx in the blue hour with adreneline coursing through his penguins while failing to own the sunset! In a hoop skirt.

Pan the Imperial Bucket Holder

"Early to bed, early to rise, early to plan the world's demise"
- Catvomitsky

GreyCaboose

• neeheehee
« Reply #76 on: November 22, 2018, 04:23:52 PM »

omg yeah

Cadence: I'm so rich !! I'll buy this lavish coat~
Clerk: 400 gold pieces.
Cadence: 400 gold pieces what the heck-

ChaoticRhymer

« Reply #77 on: November 22, 2018, 04:29:01 PM »

So out of our characters, who's the oldest? I'm thinking that Wolfgang is probably in his late 20s.
Do not meddle in the affairs of dragons, for you are crunchy and taste good with ketchup.

"Blessed are the legend-makers, for they are not found within recorded time": J.R.R. Tolkien.

Panzercrappitastica

« Reply #78 on: November 22, 2018, 04:34:33 PM »

I think Cadence is like. 15. A baby who thinks he’s basically a grown-up, come on, Mom,
Purple-handed peep Volger with a flash tattoo hoverboarding around the Lynx in the blue hour with adreneline coursing through his penguins while failing to own the sunset! In a hoop skirt.

- Catvomitsky

GreyCaboose

• neeheehee
« Reply #79 on: November 23, 2018, 02:59:01 AM »

Ruanis is hundreds of years old - Probably around 350, although she only remembers the past ten years. Still, though, she looks to be in her mid-to-late 20s!

and I can't believe Cadence is so young I LOVE HIM

Panzercrappitastica

« Reply #80 on: November 23, 2018, 06:48:34 AM »

I k now the more I learn about my boy the more I love him

- Catvomitsky

ChaoticRhymer

« Reply #81 on: November 23, 2018, 08:07:08 AM »

So Wolfgang probably served as an NCO in the army for a time, before he got his calling to be a Palladian. Cabbie, can we pm to work out what that was?
Anyway, he grew up as a man at arms to a Barron who held land near the border.
Do not meddle in the affairs of dragons, for you are crunchy and taste good with ketchup.

"Blessed are the legend-makers, for they are not found within recorded time": J.R.R. Tolkien.

GreyCaboose

• neeheehee
« Reply #82 on: November 23, 2018, 11:11:59 AM »

Sure, let's PM !!! And that sounds good for Wolfgang's backstory so far!

ChaoticRhymer

« Reply #83 on: November 24, 2018, 04:14:53 AM »

What wars (if any) would Wolfgang have fought in?

GreyCaboose

• neeheehee
« Reply #84 on: November 24, 2018, 11:04:44 AM »

I don't think there'd be any wars yet, but Wolfgang would've definitely been involved in defense against rebel attacks or taking down rebel bases, which can be just as traumatic depending on how desperate the rebels are to win - Rebels in the Heart Kingdom have often taken to training children to fight under the idea that the soldiers won't want to hurt a child, so these child soldiers act as diversions, human shields, and just strategic sacrifices to keep soldiers at bay. Rebels also like to attack noblemen and the wealthy, so a baron like who Wolfgang served and/or his family would've been very big targets for rebels. Wolfgang may have had to defend this Baron against numerous rebel attacks.

ChaoticRhymer

« Reply #85 on: November 24, 2018, 01:16:26 PM »

So, what's next in character development?

GreyCaboose

• neeheehee
« Reply #86 on: November 24, 2018, 02:03:20 PM »

Well, I've constructed a sheet!!!! It may seem a bit long, but most DnD Sheets are, and I tried to make it more cut down! For simplicity, I'm gonna say we're all starting at Level 2, at 600 xp! After the first quest, everyone will reach Level 3 and be able to start carving their own character path!

~

Name:
Weapons:
Strength:
Dexterity:
Constitution:
Intelligence:
Wisdom:
Charisma:
Background (And more detailed Backstory if you'd like!):
Proficiencies (Include languages and other proficiencies!):
Spells (If Any):

~

Name: Ruanis Arkeneandare
Race and Class: Avariel Monk (Way of the Long Death)
Weapons and Equipment: Spear (1d6 damage), Explorer's Pack, 10 Darts (1d4 damage), Small Knife (1d4 damage), a bottle of black ink, a quill, a letter from a dead colleague, a set of common clothes, and a belt pouch containing 19 gp.
Strength: 8 (-1)
Dexterity: 15 (+2)
Constitution: 10 (+0)
Intelligence: 13 (+1)
Wisdom: 14 (+2)
Charisma: 12 (+1)
Background (And more detailed Backstory if you'd like!): Sage (Astronomer) - Ruanis was found wandering alone in the hills with no memories aside from her name, which no one could trace back to any family or location. She was found by the Monastery of Endless Night, an elite group dedicated to receiving guidance from the spirits to hone themselves both spiritually and physically.
Proficiencies (Include languages and other proficiencies!): Common, Elvish, Celestial, Draconic, and Sylvan. Arcana, History, Acrobatics, Stealth. Proficient in Pan Pipes as well.
Spells (If Any): None!
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6]