Scott Westerfeld Forum

Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 13

Author Topic: (Choose Your Own Adventure!) Monsters Are Harsh; Especially To Humans  (Read 9231 times)

GreyCaboose

• neeheehee
Re: (Choose Your Own Adventure!) Monsters Are Harsh; Especially To Humans
« Reply #75 on: March 30, 2018, 12:46:40 AM »

"Uh, yeah, I'm human." You respond. What an odd question, 'Are you human'!

Noah and Betty exchange a glance.

"This is going to be a bit of a shock, but...You're not in Leafburrow anymore." He responds slowly, as if talking to a scared animal. "This Miken. It's a city for...monsters, I suppose. You're...hardly even in the human world anymore."

A) Laugh in his face.
B) Leave.
C) "What?"

Panzercrappitastica

• Westerforum Resident Exalt
« Reply #76 on: March 30, 2018, 12:57:44 AM »

B
Purple-handed peep Volger with a flash tattoo hoverboarding around the Lynx in the blue hour with adreneline coursing through his penguins while failing to own the sunset! In a hoop skirt.

Pan the Imperial Bucket Holder

"Early to bed, early to rise, early to plan the world's demise"
- Catvomitsky

GreyCaboose

• neeheehee
« Reply #77 on: March 30, 2018, 01:00:35 AM »

You stare. And then turn. And leave.

That...Was obviously some sick prank.

"Wait, wait, wait!" You hear Noah say before the door shuts. You're expecting him to chase after you, so you run a bit down the sidewalk to make some headway before realizing he didn't leave the bakery. Huh. You turn on a corner when suddenly you hear something growling behind you. Some kind of....animal?

A) Look behind you.
B) RUN AWAY.
C) Stay perfectly still.

Panzercrappitastica

« Reply #78 on: March 30, 2018, 01:44:59 AM »

A
Purple-handed peep Volger with a flash tattoo hoverboarding around the Lynx in the blue hour with adreneline coursing through his penguins while failing to own the sunset! In a hoop skirt.

- Catvomitsky

GreyCaboose

• neeheehee
« Reply #79 on: March 30, 2018, 02:44:40 AM »

....It's the ugly weird thing you saw earlier outside the bakery.

It's growling and spitting up a storm, like an angry chihuahua....With horns and claws and rows of sharp, sharp teeth.

It seems to be staring at you as if it hates you with every fiber of its tiny being...Which is kind of adorable, except you're pretty sure this thing is rabid.

A) Run away
B) Kick it
C) Attempt to pet

Julia The Bookworm

« Reply #80 on: March 30, 2018, 03:36:43 AM »

C

GreyCaboose

• neeheehee
« Reply #81 on: March 30, 2018, 06:46:30 AM »

Oh god it's screaming. It's screaming so loud. It sounds like if you mixed a baby with a goat with a possum.

Horrifying.

A) Keep petting!
B) CEASE PETTING

Julia The Bookworm

« Reply #82 on: March 31, 2018, 03:48:24 PM »

A

GreyCaboose

• neeheehee
« Reply #83 on: April 01, 2018, 02:00:25 AM »

(Forgive me for the hastily drawn legs and lazy background)

You have gained....a New Friend! You think this thing must be some kind of weird cat, maybe.

It deserves a name!

Name Your New Friend!

Julia The Bookworm

« Reply #84 on: April 01, 2018, 02:10:41 AM »

Name it screech!

GreyCaboose

• neeheehee
« Reply #85 on: April 01, 2018, 04:30:27 AM »

You name your little friend Screech!

Now what shall you do?

A) Explore the area
B) Try to find food for Screech
C) Follow the music

Panzercrappitastica

« Reply #86 on: April 01, 2018, 04:33:11 AM »

C

- Catvomitsky

GreyCaboose

• neeheehee
« Reply #87 on: April 01, 2018, 09:55:16 AM »

You follow after the sound of the music, Screech following after. However, as you walk about two blocks down you notice two things...
One, the streets all seem to be incredibly empty, although as you get closer to the music you can hear many, many cheerful voices along accompanying the merry tunes just about another block away.
The second thing you notice, however, is on the other side of the street, around a corner, you can hear unfamiliar voices, but familiar names.

"How do I look, Domovoi, do I look dashing? Do I look elegant?" A woman with a thick Irish accent jabbers. "I'm not supposed to wear the merchandise around, I know, but I mean, it's my store too, I can do what I wish with the merchandise! I can play dress-up, I'm Brighid! My name even comes before yours, which clearly means I'm the leader here. You gonna say somethin, Domovoi?"

Silence.

"That's what I thought, haha! This Festival'll be a blast. Maybe we'll be able to sell to people who aren't just trying to get us arrested."

Silence.

"Exactly! Can ya believe that Pekakonkoi? He must think we're idiots, sendin' us a letter askin' fer a damned book o' hexes. 'Oh, I'm not Pekakonkoi! I am Caleb Peko! I am human man!' What a bloody fool. Right, Domovoy?"

Silence.

"Riiiight."

The voices accompanying the music seem to be getting louder, which must mean you're close to the festivities.

A) Attend the festival.
B) Spy on Brighid and Domovoy.

Panzercrappitastica

« Reply #88 on: April 01, 2018, 10:09:43 AM »

A

- Catvomitsky

GreyCaboose

• neeheehee
« Reply #89 on: April 06, 2018, 05:15:26 AM »

(Okay I was GONNA draw a big ol' fancy festival scene but my motivation for art went from 100 to 0 super fast so!!)

You continue onwards and follow after the sounds of strings and woodwinds, eventually finding yourself about to enter a wide, crowded street lined with brightly-colored tents and stands. You realize very quickly that there seem to be many, many more people in costumes - Very good costumes, to be honest. The fur, and beaks, and teeth, and faces and eyes all seem so real! Your new little friend, Screech, hisses a bit at the crowd before using its tiny little claws to run up your pantleg and up under your zipped jacket, poking its little horned head out. You consider yourself very fortunate that those horns aren't large enough to stab at your face. Before you can step out, a woman slides off the sidewalk and stops in front of you upon noticing you, her antlers adorned with gold and multicolored jewels....Wait. Antlers?

You double-take.

This woman has an ornate set of large, tall deerlike black antlers emerging from her forehead. Aside from that, she seems perfectly normal, with an impressive poof of poofy black hair, a broad, muscular build, and dark skin that she's also adorned with various gold and jewels in the form of accessories, piercings, jewelry, etcetera. She narrows her purple-colored eyes at you before a smile crosses her face.

"Oh my Providence." She stares at you. "I know that mask you're holding! I love it so much, oh my goodness - That's a Licesova mask, isn't it? You must have good taste."

A) "Oh, thank you!"
B) "You have antlers!"
C) "Licesova?"
D) "Nice costume!"
E) "Providence?"
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 13