- 0 (0%)
Lyft
- 1 (50%)
Some other one that Julia doesn't know about
- 1 (50%)
They are both horrible
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 2

Author Topic: Which Is Better?  (Read 1317 times)

Julia The Bookworm

Which Is Better?
« on: June 21, 2018, 12:59:20 AM »

I am trying to figure out what ride sharing service to use, because other than that there are no other forms of public transit in my area.
I am US based, so please give me suggestions that are here in America.

Thank you.

Julia The Bookworm

Re: Which Is Better?
« Reply #1 on: June 21, 2018, 01:04:23 AM »

OFGP

Catvomitsky

• nothing nkight
« Reply #2 on: June 21, 2018, 01:30:41 AM »

Iíve never used Lyft, but Iíve had really good experiences with Uber and Iíd definitely recommend using their services

Julia The Bookworm

« Reply #3 on: June 21, 2018, 01:42:22 AM »

I've heard it's more expensive than Lyft.

Catvomitsky

• nothing nkight
« Reply #4 on: June 21, 2018, 01:45:14 AM »

I thought there were about the same but Iím not sure? Anyway hereís an article I actually just read the entirety of and found v informative https://www.google.com/amp/s/rideshareapps.com/uber-vs-lyft-comparison/amp/

|ĸιrα|

« Reply #5 on: June 21, 2018, 02:00:36 AM »

Lyft is better imo. I always drunkenly ask drivers if they prefer lyft or uber (because almost always they drive for both) and they always say lyft treats and pays their employees better. So if you care about ethics of companies there's that. If not, I think lyft is usually cheaper than uber also

Higher, further, faster

NaomiKerseybrown

« Reply #6 on: August 06, 2019, 01:29:36 PM »

While both services look identical, there are major differences. Uber is richer in features and available in more cities. Yet Lyft is more transparent in its receipts about the details of a trip, which can help consumers understand when prices increase; Uber's opaque receipts could leave people perplexed. Make a comparasion:  https://docsbay.net/uber-vs-lyft-which-ride-hailing-app-is-better

Reenie-La

« Reply #7 on: August 09, 2019, 06:22:28 AM »

We took Uber once on a trip, and it was like $20 to go 5 miles. This was before Lyft was around though so maybe it's more reasonable now. The drivers Buick was really snazzy -- it definitely made me add that make to my top five list of dream cars.

Took one regular cab in college, and it was $10 to go 3 miles ._. We should have walked.

To this day I stand my car as the ultimate automobile transport system.
$25 in gas will take me 400 miles.

Julia The Bookworm

« Reply #8 on: August 11, 2019, 01:32:35 AM »

Reenie, the reason I originally asked this is because I can't drive for medical reasons, and there aren't taxi companies that go out to my area, and my neighborhood is not pedestrian friendly.

Mara-la

• strange fruit
    • Instagram
« Reply #9 on: August 14, 2019, 06:49:31 AM »

Honestly, I have both Lyft and Uber, and I'll use them interchangeable. Whichever is cheaper at a given moment. Lyft has regular 3$ off coupons that get applied to the account which is good, but Lyft is a bit more spotty I find. Uber is more reliable but more expensive. That being said, the discrepancy between them is small. And when Uber has discounts, it's better than Lyft ones. So really I'd say just download both and test them both out to see how you like them/which one has better deals in your area.
Member since April 24th 2010.
----------------------------------
Author of "We All Come Home"
Short story; pub. March 2018
in Scarborough Fair Magazine
----------------------------------
www.youtube.com/maragrace