Scott Westerfeld Forum

Pages: 1 ... 19 20 [21] 22 23 24

Author Topic: Don't Fear the Abyss (New RP!)  (Read 24975 times)

Panzercrappitastica

• Westerforum Resident Exalt
Re: Don't Fear the Abyss (New RP!)
« Reply #300 on: November 25, 2018, 08:58:12 AM »

“Wait, wait,” Milo said, jogging to tug on Abner’s sleeve. “What about, like, our stuff? I need to get my computer and my clothes and stuff. And my cat.”
Purple-handed peep Volger with a flash tattoo hoverboarding around the Lynx in the blue hour with adreneline coursing through his penguins while failing to own the sunset! In a hoop skirt.

Pan the Imperial Bucket Holder

"Early to bed, early to rise, early to plan the world's demise"
- Catvomitsky

ChaoticRhymer

« Reply #301 on: November 25, 2018, 09:17:44 AM »

"And what if we have someone we were already in love with?"

Oz made a face. Have children? With her? He glanced at Aphis.
Do not meddle in the affairs of dragons, for you are crunchy and taste good with ketchup.

"Blessed are the legend-makers, for they are not found within recorded time": J.R.R. Tolkien.

Mara-la

• strange fruit
« Reply #302 on: November 25, 2018, 09:21:18 AM »

Kaia followed, feeling ill. It was beginning to look a lot more like a cult here than anything else, a weird sort of cult that the outside world was well aware of and somehow promoted and even... worshipped, a little. She had a sinking feeling when she heard about the letters, but was also wondering what the big deal of having contact with the outside was. If they couldn't see their family and friends, why were they allowed to send letters? It didn't make sense. "The letters," Kaia said, finally, "do they... do they actually get sent? Or is it all just wishful thinking?"
Member since April 24th 2010

GreyCaboose

• neeheehee
« Reply #303 on: November 25, 2018, 02:43:39 PM »

Abner smiled and tried to seem reassuring. "You can have any necessities you need shipped over!" He assured Milo. "Uh, and I don't think I understand the comment about...loving someone else. Trust me, if you don't already love each other, you will eventually!"

Aphis looked at Oz and felt disgusted. ..With him? She thought. I feel sick.

Sandy stared at Kaia for a moment, shocked that Kaia could somehow understand what she'd been signing...or thinking. She signed cautiously, beady black eyes unblinking. The letters are sent. She stated. Do not be so concerned, sweetie.

Orville frowned.
"Listen, uh. Abner. I really think some of the people here don't...like each other like what you want."

"There's couple-building classes provided whenever you need them!" Abner laughed before stopping his walk, holding his hand up to stop the others. "And here we are: our newest couples' quarters!"

Four large black doors lined the walls - Two on each side.

"Who wants to see their rooms? They're just darling!" Abner clapped his hands together. Sandy simply stared at Kaia, as if trying to analyze her.

Orville didn't feel very assured about this whole 'couples-liking-each other' thing. Lina was smooching a guy, and didn't seem happy about being matched with a woman. Aphis and Oz looked like they hated each other, and....well, he didn't know about Kaia and Kalavhan. He and Milo were probably the only ones these weirdos didn't need to worry about...maybe.

Nervously, he took Milo's hand to hold, feeling a bit anxious about this place.

ChaoticRhymer

« Reply #304 on: November 25, 2018, 02:53:19 PM »

Abi started at Abner for a long moment, then turned to check her room. "And how long did it take you two to fall in love?" She asked him.

Oz mimed gagging, and leaned against a wall.
Do not meddle in the affairs of dragons, for you are crunchy and taste good with ketchup.

"Blessed are the legend-makers, for they are not found within recorded time": J.R.R. Tolkien.

Panzercrappitastica

• Westerforum Resident Exalt
« Reply #305 on: November 25, 2018, 02:59:16 PM »

Milo squeezed back Orville’s hand. “Wanna check out our room?”
Purple-handed peep Volger with a flash tattoo hoverboarding around the Lynx in the blue hour with adreneline coursing through his penguins while failing to own the sunset! In a hoop skirt.

Pan the Imperial Bucket Holder

"Early to bed, early to rise, early to plan the world's demise"
- Catvomitsky

Mara-la

• strange fruit
« Reply #306 on: November 25, 2018, 03:01:16 PM »

Kaia held her breath for a moment, trying not to pay too much attention to Sandy's beady eyes on her. She turned her attention, instead, to the four doors. Four, she realized, dread rising in her once more. Four rooms for four couples. Were they expected to enter these rooms and then immediately sleep with their chosen partner? Was that why children had already been mentioned? She felt more sick than she had before, if that were even possible.

kristina-la

• Be kind, be calm, be safe.
« Reply #307 on: November 25, 2018, 03:06:22 PM »

Lina wasn't sure whether to cry or to yell. She was furious and heart-broken at the same time. She looked at the four doors and shook her head, "No...no way." she said, finally speaking up.

"It will never be enough! I only want to hear JaJa Ding Dong!"

GreyCaboose

• neeheehee
« Reply #308 on: November 25, 2018, 03:18:55 PM »

Abi started at Abner for a long moment, then turned to check her room. "And how long did it take you two to fall in love?" She asked him.

Oz mimed gagging, and leaned against a wall.

Abner seemed shocked. "Why, Sandy and I were in love from the very start!" He seemed incredulous.

The room was incredibly large, with an expensive-looking interior decor and a single large, comfortable-looking canopy bed near the back of the room, partially obscured by a shimmering grey translucent curtain. The bed had numerous black and white pillows, and there was a balcony to look upon what seemed to be a courtyard of sorts.
Uniquely, there was some golden decor as well, and what looked like a radio with several CDs stacked next to it on a dresser-drawer. A vanity with a black-rimmed mirror was also visible, as was what looked like the entrance to a private bathroom, and part of a private...kitchen. There even seemed to be a TV positioned to be easily seen from the bed.

Aphis saw Oz's mimed gag, and in response, mimed slitting her own throat. Give him a taste of his own medicine.

Milo squeezed back Orville’s hand. “Wanna check out our room?”

"Ah, yeah!" Orville smiled, glad that Milo seemed to...also want to not focus on the creepy child and love part? "That would be good."

Lina wasn't sure whether to cry or to yell. She was furious and heart-broken at the same time. She looked at the four doors and shook her head, "No...no way." she said, finally speaking up.

Abner looked at Lina and frowned, then looked at the room that Abi had opened the door to, and then looked back at Lina. "Is something not to your liking, Ms. Fyfe?"

Mara-la

• strange fruit
« Reply #309 on: November 25, 2018, 03:21:26 PM »

Kaia looked on into the rooms, and knew that she shared in at least some of Lina's emotions. "There's only one bed per room," she said in response to Abner.

GreyCaboose

• neeheehee
« Reply #310 on: November 25, 2018, 03:22:39 PM »

"Of course there is!" Abner responded. "Couples sleep together! It's not a new concept to you all, I should hope. Is that...an issue?"

kristina-la

• Be kind, be calm, be safe.
« Reply #311 on: November 25, 2018, 03:31:50 PM »

Lina's eye twitched as she tried not to lose control of the anger burning inside. "None of this is to my liking," she said then took a deep, calming breath. "I love someone else and I've been torn away from the life I had always dreamed off with him!" she snapped. Lina looked at Abi and shook her head, "She seems very nice and I'm sure we could be very good friends but nothing romantic is ever going to happen here," Lina said, unable to stop the tears from bubbling up. "I just want to go home," she cried

"It will never be enough! I only want to hear JaJa Ding Dong!"

ChaoticRhymer

« Reply #312 on: November 25, 2018, 03:35:39 PM »

"Lucky you. Most people take longer to develop a relationship." Abi said in a monotone. She looked at Lina. "I agree with her. I honestly prefer guys anyway."

Oz smiled and gave a slight nod.

GreyCaboose

• neeheehee
« Reply #313 on: November 25, 2018, 03:51:44 PM »

Lina's eye twitched as she tried not to lose control of the anger burning inside. "None of this is to my liking," she said then took a deep, calming breath. "I love someone else and I've been torn away from the life I had always dreamed off with him!" she snapped. Lina looked at Abi and shook her head, "She seems very nice and I'm sure we could be very good friends but nothing romantic is ever going to happen here," Lina said, unable to stop the tears from bubbling up. "I just want to go home," she cried

"Darling, I'm sure it'll be fine!" Abner tried to reassure the girl. "I know you're sad, but everything'll work out! You two will be very happy together! Don't you know that life here is so much better than life back at the islands?"

"Lucky you. Most people take longer to develop a relationship." Abi said in a monotone. She looked at Lina. "I agree with her. I honestly prefer guys anyway."

Oz smiled and gave a slight nod.

"Preference doesn't matter when you're chosen." Abner insisted. "There are many people who've managed to adapt and love their relationships! This sort of thing extends past who you think you love."

Aphis felt gross just hearing Abner say that. That sort of rhetoric seemed....unhealthy, to say the least. She felt bad for Lina and Abi. She wanted to say something, but figured it best not to bring anything more up.

Orville opened the door that he figured was for him and Milo, given the elaborate decor depicting a 'B' and an 'M', probably for 'Bernard' and 'Mondo', their surnames. Each of the doors had them, with 'K' and 'V' next to Orville and Milo's door, and 'K' and 'L' being next to the opened door that said 'R' and 'F' - The 'VK' being Kal and Kaia, the 'KL' being Oz and Aphis, and 'RF' being Abi and Lina, if he was remembering the surnames correctly.
His room - Well, his and Milo's - was just as beautiful as the first one, with some minor differences - Instead of a vanity, there seemed to be an elaborate computer setup with some cute cat bobbleheads and box sets of DVDs on the shelf, and instead of a radio and CDs, there looked like...books on mechanics? How nice - Maybe they researched the chosen and their backgrounds in the few hours before they'd gotten here.
"This is...gorgeous." Orville observed. "This is awesome!"

Eraisuithiel

« Reply #314 on: November 25, 2018, 03:56:41 PM »

I can sleep on the floor, Kal thought loudly and clearly for Kaia to hear. It was a forceful statement, far more than anything else he'd said so far. He wasn't suggesting or offering to, he'd simply made up his mind and was informing her of his decision.

The way Sandy was eyeing Kaia made him nervous, so he stepped in between them, blocking his partner from view as he signed a thank you towards the monstress for being such a... gracious host.
Pages: 1 ... 19 20 [21] 22 23 24