Scott Westerfeld Forum

Pages: 1 ... 21 22 [23] 24

Author Topic: Don't Fear the Abyss (New RP!)  (Read 17885 times)

kristina-la

• A 1000 times I've failed still your mercy remains
    • tumblr
Re: Don't Fear the Abyss (New RP!)
« Reply #330 on: November 26, 2018, 11:29:51 AM »

Lina knew she would not be any happier about the situation in the morning. She was too angry and upset to even think about sleeping, especially if that meant sharing a bed! "This is ridiculous," she grumbled to herself before reluctantly entering the room to check it out; maybe she would be fortunate enough to find a couch to sleep on.

“No matter how filthy something gets, you can always clean it right up”

GreyCaboose

• neeheehee
« Reply #331 on: November 26, 2018, 11:51:11 AM »

"Yeah, I'm...was, in a band." He continues plucking at the strings. He'd never see them again.

"Oh....Cool." Aphis wasn't sure how to respond. Offer condolences? Ask further? She decided in the end not to ask or pry, and instead opened a cupboard and found a pack of beetle cookies to snack on, which she did, finding a couch in the room that she figured all the rooms had, and flopping on it and eating her problems away.

Milo blushed. “Is that just what humans’ hands feel like?” they asked apologetically. They hadn’t meant to say anything stupid.

"Ah....Probably not." Orville nervously rubbed the back of his head. "My hands are just...dirty. Maybe I should shower?"
He glanced towards the private bathroom he and Milo now had. Showering might be a good idea.

(You all wanna have some more interactions here or shall we wrap up this scene and try to timeskip to the next morning?)

ChaoticRhymer

« Reply #332 on: November 26, 2018, 11:55:43 AM »

"I know." Abi grabbed a Large bottle of Coke and started chugging it, before finding some packages pastries. "You hungry?"

"We had a gig planned. It would have let us play before bigger audiences."
Do not meddle in the affairs of dragons, for you are crunchy and taste good with ketchup.

"Blessed are the legend-makers, for they are not found within recorded time": J.R.R. Tolkien.

GreyCaboose

• neeheehee
« Reply #333 on: November 26, 2018, 12:00:30 PM »

"Damn." Aphis wasn't sure what he wanted her to say. "What do you want me to do, apologize for daring to be randomly matched with you, thus ruining your career? I was going to inherit my family's shop. I've been working all my life for it, just to have that shoved aside. It's tough all over." She emphasized the phrase with a loud crunch of a beetle cookie. She wasn't going to let Oz think she pitied him.

ChaoticRhymer

« Reply #334 on: November 26, 2018, 12:30:58 PM »

Oz stood suddenly, glaring at her. "Shut up!" He screamed. I don't want to hear about your problems!"
Do not meddle in the affairs of dragons, for you are crunchy and taste good with ketchup.

"Blessed are the legend-makers, for they are not found within recorded time": J.R.R. Tolkien.

GreyCaboose

• neeheehee
« Reply #335 on: November 26, 2018, 12:34:15 PM »

Aphis jolted, and then glared back at Oz. "What, so you're the only one allowed to be upset here?" She hissed. "I don't want to hear about your problems, but you're throwing yourself a pity party anyways!"

Panzercrappitastica

• Westerforum Resident Exalt
« Reply #336 on: November 26, 2018, 12:42:25 PM »

Milo’s blush only deepened. “I’m sorry,” they murmured. “I, uh, I like your hands, though!”

(I’m okay to skip whenever 👍)
Purple-handed peep Volger with a flash tattoo hoverboarding around the Lynx in the blue hour with adreneline coursing through his penguins while failing to own the sunset! In a hoop skirt.

Pan the Imperial Bucket Holder

"Early to bed, early to rise, early to plan the world's demise"
- Catvomitsky

kristina-la

• tumblr
« Reply #337 on: November 26, 2018, 02:01:47 PM »

same)

Lina shook her head, "I don't think I could eat anything right now," she said

ChaoticRhymer

« Reply #338 on: November 26, 2018, 02:16:24 PM »

"Alrighty." Abi began to eat. And eat.

Oz glared at her, before lying down, facing away from her.

(Ok.)

GreyCaboose

• neeheehee
« Reply #339 on: November 26, 2018, 02:53:14 PM »

"Ah...Yeah, I...like yours too!" Orville tried to make Milo feel better. "Um, but yeah. I'm gonna shower, and then probably...sleep, a lot." He headed to the washroom and contemplated whether Milo would or wouldn't want him to shut the door while disrobing. Don't couples...not care about privacy? Unsure, he slowly shut the door as much as he could to hide himself without 'technically' closing the door. 

Aphis glared back, and stuck out her tongue before lying down on the couch, not wanting to sleep anywhere near Oz. Clutching her bag of sweets, she tried to get herself to sleep. She deserved to sleep. It would probably be the only peace she'd feel for a while.

~

The next morning was still dark. The blackness of the sky hadn't let up, but Aphis was awoken from her spot on...The floor. She must have rolled off of the couch. A loud knock rattled her from her grogginess.
"I have breakfast for Mister Kylar and Miss Lycoda?" A muffled voice spoke through the door.

Orville, who'd fallen into an uneasy sleep in the immensely comfortable bed offered after his shower, rubbed his eyes as a knocking on the door and a promise of breakfast rang through the door.
"Uh...Coming." Orville muttered. Breakfast was served directly to the rooms? Huh.

Other knocks and offers of serving breakfast were resounded in Kal and Kaia's rooms, as well as Abi and Lina's.

Eraisuithiel

« Reply #340 on: November 26, 2018, 03:08:25 PM »

Kal had slept on the floor, just like he said he would. It hadn't been too terribly uncomfortable, with all of the pillows he had managed to form into a makeshift bed. Plus it was far more comfortable than sharing a bed with someone he hardly knew.

The knock on the door woke him from a deep sleep. He woke in a start, confused by how dark it was, before the memories of the previous day sunk in. Oh, right. He dragged himself out of his 'bed', yawning and stretching, and opened the door.

Panzercrappitastica

• Westerforum Resident Exalt
Re: Don't Fear the Abyss (New RP!
« Reply #341 on: November 26, 2018, 03:13:42 PM »

Milo slept through the knocking, lost in a dream full of bobblehead versions of everyone they knew, and only woke up when Orville shook the bed standing up. Milo grumbled and turned over to bury their face in the pillow.

(We didn’t establish it but my thought was Milo and Orville shared the bed but like, on opposite sides, not all the way sleeping together)
Purple-handed peep Volger with a flash tattoo hoverboarding around the Lynx in the blue hour with adreneline coursing through his penguins while failing to own the sunset! In a hoop skirt.

Pan the Imperial Bucket Holder

"Early to bed, early to rise, early to plan the world's demise"
- Catvomitsky

Mara-la

• strange fruit
    • Instagram
« Reply #342 on: November 26, 2018, 03:16:19 PM »

Kaia pulled the covers over her head when Kal answered the door, as if it would somehow block out the circumstance she was in. Something did smell amazing though, so she peeked out a little bit, curious.
Member since April 24th 2010.
----------------------------------
Author of "We All Come Home"
Short story; pub. March 2018
in Scarborough Fair Magazine
----------------------------------
www.youtube.com/maragrace

kristina-la

• tumblr
« Reply #343 on: November 26, 2018, 03:31:10 PM »

At some point in the night, Lina must have fallen asleep on the couch. For hours she had just lay on the couch crying into her pillow; her exhaustion won in the end.

When morning came she was woken by the knocking and the glorious smell of food. She rolled off the couch and opened  the door

ChaoticRhymer

« Reply #344 on: November 26, 2018, 04:09:23 PM »

Abi's internal clock had woken her an hour before, and she used that time to go thru her morning workout. "Morning." She said as she rose from a stretch and followed Lina to the door, tail swinging side-to-side slowly.

Pages: 1 ... 21 22 [23] 24