Scott Westerfeld Forum

Pages: 1 ... 20 21 [22] 23 24

Author Topic: Don't Fear the Abyss (New RP!)  (Read 25608 times)

ChaoticRhymer

Re: Don't Fear the Abyss (New RP!)
« Reply #315 on: November 25, 2018, 04:05:21 PM »

"Yep, we're in a prison. One with gilded bars, yes, but it's still a prison." Abi looked at Abner. "And we've had our most basic rights stripped from us. The right to live our own lives, the right to love who we chose, and the pursuit of our own happiness."

Oz turned and walked into the room he had been assigned.
Do not meddle in the affairs of dragons, for you are crunchy and taste good with ketchup.

"Blessed are the legend-makers, for they are not found within recorded time": J.R.R. Tolkien.

kristina-la

• Be kind, be calm, be safe.
« Reply #316 on: November 25, 2018, 04:38:20 PM »

"Unbelievable! Adapt? Sounds more like couples are being forced "love" their relationships," she said angrily, "Where are all the other happy couples here, huh?" she challenged

"It will never be enough! I only want to hear JaJa Ding Dong!"

Mara-la

• strange fruit
« Reply #317 on: November 25, 2018, 04:45:42 PM »

Kaia wished she could communicate silently, as she would have told Kal that they could have figured something else out, so that he wouldn't be uncomfortable. The beds seemed fairly large; they could sleep on opposite ends with pillows between them to stop anything uncomfortable from happening.

"I wonder if we'll get to meet last year's couples," Kaia pondered. "They'd probably be more understanding of our situation and emotions right now."
Member since April 24th 2010

Panzercrappitastica

• Westerforum Resident Exalt
« Reply #318 on: November 26, 2018, 02:53:59 AM »

“Oh!” Milo said. “This is nice!” They let go of Orville’s hand to investigate the setup here, marvelling that they’d managed to pick up what they were into so fast. They scooped up one of the bobbleheads, a fluffy grey tabby, and showed it to Orville. “Look! This one looks like Carl!” And then, suddenly concerned: “You don’t think they turned Carl into a bobblehead, do you?” That seemed like something this place might do, huh.
Purple-handed peep Volger with a flash tattoo hoverboarding around the Lynx in the blue hour with adreneline coursing through his penguins while failing to own the sunset! In a hoop skirt.

Pan the Imperial Bucket Holder

"Early to bed, early to rise, early to plan the world's demise"
- Catvomitsky

GreyCaboose

• neeheehee
« Reply #319 on: November 26, 2018, 04:30:59 AM »

"Yep, we're in a prison. One with gilded bars, yes, but it's still a prison." Abi looked at Abner. "And we've had our most basic rights stripped from us. The right to live our own lives, the right to love who we chose, and the pursuit of our own happiness."

Oz turned and walked into the room he had been assigned.

Abner's smile faltered. "Everyone here is already happy." He stated. "Listen, you probably terribly stressed about the events of today. Why don't you all just...rest, and we can discuss things in the morning?"

Aphis hesitantly followed, and was amazed. The room looked almost identical to the other two, with the exception of having what looked like expensive electric guitars lined against one of the walls, and some baking supplies set out in the kitchen that Aphis could recognize as baking ingredients from her home in the east caverns. It...looked really nice, actually. She was pretty into it.

"Unbelievable! Adapt? Sounds more like couples are being forced "love" their relationships," she said angrily, "Where are all the other happy couples here, huh?" she challenged

"They're in their own quarters." Abner responded, seeming a bit worn out by Lina's resistance. "I'm sure that you'll be able to meet them tomorrow if you look around!"

“Oh!” Milo said. “This is nice!” They let go of Orville’s hand to investigate the setup here, marvelling that they’d managed to pick up what they were into so fast. They scooped up one of the bobbleheads, a fluffy grey tabby, and showed it to Orville. “Look! This one looks like Carl!” And then, suddenly concerned: “You don’t think they turned Carl into a bobblehead, do you?” That seemed like something this place might do, huh.

Orville smirked, but did feel a bit of the same concern. "I...I don't think they could do that." He tried to assure Milo. "It's probably a coincidence, or it was modeled to look like him!"

Abner clapped his hands together again as if to signify the end of something. "Alright, now that we're all situated, we should take some time to rest, okay? Everyone, head into your rooms and have a good night! Breakfast will be served in the morning, and what with all the chaos today, I'm sure everyone will feel much better after a warm slumber with your new partners!" He took Sandy's hand in his and waved before leading her out of the corridor and up the stairs, seemingly not waiting for any responses from the others.

ChaoticRhymer

« Reply #320 on: November 26, 2018, 04:44:41 AM »

"Oh gods, this has got to be a ginormous joke." Abi turned and walked into her new room, looking for food.

Oz grabbed a guitar, and dropped onto the bed to start playing quietly. "I'll sleep on this side."
Do not meddle in the affairs of dragons, for you are crunchy and taste good with ketchup.

"Blessed are the legend-makers, for they are not found within recorded time": J.R.R. Tolkien.

Panzercrappitastica

« Reply #321 on: November 26, 2018, 04:58:01 AM »

“I hope so.” Milo set down the bobblehead and moved to investigate the bookshelf. “These are all for you, I think,” they told Orville. “I wonder if they’ll give you some of that greasy stuff you put on your hands?”
Purple-handed peep Volger with a flash tattoo hoverboarding around the Lynx in the blue hour with adreneline coursing through his penguins while failing to own the sunset! In a hoop skirt.

- Catvomitsky

Mara-la

• strange fruit
« Reply #322 on: November 26, 2018, 05:21:57 AM »

Kaia ducked into her new room. It wasn’t that she was excited to be there, but she was excited to be away from the she-monster who gave her weird looks. She took a look around, and though it was indeed beautiful and tailored to their interests, she couldn’t help but feel that it was just a glorified prison.

Eraisuithiel

« Reply #323 on: November 26, 2018, 05:35:11 AM »

Kal followed Kaia into their room. Much like the other rooms it was catered to their interests. Kal wondered if the bookshelves lining the walls were for himself or her, or both of them? He also wondered how these people had gathered so much information on the newly chosen in such a short period of time. Magic most likely, but he couldn't help but feel a little like a victim of stalking.

Mara-la

• strange fruit
« Reply #324 on: November 26, 2018, 05:40:55 AM »

“It really is creepy,” Kaia mused. She turned to Kal. “I just wanted to say, this bed is huge. You don’t have to sleep on the floor... we can just put that pile of pillows,” she gestured to the decorative ones on the bed and at the ones lining the small sofa, “in the middle to separate us.” She paused, wondering if she sounded too eager. “I mean, if you didn’t want to be sleeping on the floor,” she added to be sure.

Eraisuithiel

« Reply #325 on: November 26, 2018, 05:44:22 AM »

I don't mind, I'd rather not make you uncomfortable, Kal thought flatly as he began to pace around the room, tail twitching in his agitation.

GreyCaboose

• neeheehee
« Reply #326 on: November 26, 2018, 06:14:55 AM »

"Fine by me," Aphis muttered, walking into the kitchen to check the area. The ingredients were super high-quality - She could recognize them from the shops her family's store neighbored. There even seemed to be the snacks and foods she loved from home - More sugar spiders, and...a centipede choco roll cake? That seemed...oddly specific. She turned to look at Oz. Now might be a good time to at least...sort of get to know this guy.
"You...like music?" She asked awkwardly, unsure of how to start a conversation like this with a man who she was pretty sure hated her.

“I hope so.” Milo set down the bobblehead and moved to investigate the bookshelf. “These are all for you, I think,” they told Orville. “I wonder if they’ll give you some of that greasy stuff you put on your hands?”

"Ah...Greasy stuff?" Orville raised a brow. Were his hands greasy? He was a mechanic, but he didn't think he was that greasy of a person.

Mara-la

• strange fruit
« Reply #327 on: November 26, 2018, 06:23:41 AM »

“It’s alright,” she said. “It doesn’t bother me. I used to have a friend and when he’d stay over, that’s what we would do. And he stayed over a lot.” She paused for a moment, before facing towards Kalavhan. "Do I make you uncomfortable?"
« Last Edit: November 26, 2018, 11:13:27 AM by Mara-la »

ChaoticRhymer

« Reply #328 on: November 26, 2018, 08:07:53 AM »

"Yeah, I'm...was, in a band." He continues plucking at the strings. He'd never see them again.

Panzercrappitastica

« Reply #329 on: November 26, 2018, 11:28:01 AM »

Milo blushed. “Is that just what humans’ hands feel like?” they asked apologetically. They hadn’t meant to say anything stupid.

- Catvomitsky
Pages: 1 ... 20 21 [22] 23 24