Scott Westerfeld Forum

Pages: 1 ... 335 336 [337] 338 339 ... 352

Author Topic: New York, New York  (Read 64114 times)

Eraisuithiel

Re: New York, New York
« Reply #5040 on: March 21, 2019, 03:59:18 PM »

Hilda scowled again. She hated dealing with Sophie, if she were to be perfectly honest. "It's also self destructive, especially with someone as damaged as that. Keep that up and your stay will definitely be extended."

"What I need to get back on track is to be back in my old routine, my old life," Grayson replied curtly, curling up on his bed. "Oh, and for Sophie to not be in trouble because of this. If she is, I swear to God I'll have another breakdown."

Mara-la

• strange fruit
    • Instagram
« Reply #5041 on: March 21, 2019, 04:05:05 PM »

"Such a positive outlook you have, deeming another patient as damaged. That sounds moderately inappropriate, actually... aren't all of you nurses supposed to see us as equals and help us to get better instead of labelling one of us worse than the others?" Sophie retorted. All she wanted right now was to be back in that room with Grayson. Not even necessarily doing anything, but just spending time in his company. She was sure that they wouldn't let the two of them be together after this.

--

The nurse sighed. "You'll be discharged when we're sure you've stabilized and won't be a danger to yourself or others. The same applies for Miss Day."
Member since April 24th 2010.
----------------------------------
Author of "We All Come Home"
Short story; pub. March 2018
in Scarborough Fair Magazine
www.youtube.com/maragrace

kristina-la

• A 1000 times I've failed still your mercy remains
    • tumblr
« Reply #5042 on: March 21, 2019, 04:37:00 PM »

Andrew supposed he should not be surprised that their moment of peace was being cut short once again. He sighed and rubbed his forehead, "Nina? god, I nearly forgot about her," Andrew said; he had to admit, it was somewhat of a relief to hear that the message was just from Nina and not Todd.

“No matter how filthy something gets, you can always clean it right up”

Eraisuithiel

« Reply #5043 on: March 21, 2019, 05:08:19 PM »

Hilda let out an exasperated sigh. "You know what I mean, Sophie. Honestly, I was sort of rooting for you. But now it looks like you'll never be getting out of here."

Well he wasn't a danger to others, that was for sure. But to himself? "I'm tired," he announced suddenly, turning around onto his side.

Mara-la

• strange fruit
    • Instagram
« Reply #5044 on: March 22, 2019, 02:17:09 AM »

“I’m out in two days,” Sophie replied curtly. That’s what the doctor had told her. “And Grayson is out a few days after that. That’s what he told me.”

The nurse sighed. “Have a good nap, then,” she said as she left.

(Gah idk how to get to the next phase of plan I’m thinking maybe a day time jump or something?)

“Wonder if Gray’s parents still think she’s his girlfriend. And, if they do, how do you think they’ll react to hospital girl?” Autumn mused.

Eraisuithiel

« Reply #5045 on: March 22, 2019, 04:50:34 AM »

<**yeahhh probably a time jump would be best :p**>

kristina-la

• tumblr
« Reply #5046 on: March 22, 2019, 06:20:14 AM »

I'm good to time jump :))

"I imagine his parents would be displeased with this girl," Andrew said, "I wonder if they even know where Grayson is right now,"

Mara-la

• strange fruit
    • Instagram
« Reply #5047 on: March 22, 2019, 06:41:43 AM »

(So what, two nights so it’s right before she gets out? Or do we want her out first and coming back to visit Gray?)

Eraisuithiel

« Reply #5048 on: March 22, 2019, 07:06:45 AM »

<**maybe out first? So then she might have a chance at running into some of the other characters when visiting him :p**>

Mara-la

• strange fruit
    • Instagram
« Reply #5049 on: March 22, 2019, 07:40:08 AM »

(Sounds peachy. So it’s a... 3 day time skip let’s say. Now maybe everyone can be headed to visit Gray?)

kristina-la

• tumblr
« Reply #5050 on: March 22, 2019, 08:13:57 AM »

sounds good!)

Eraisuithiel

« Reply #5051 on: March 22, 2019, 09:05:18 AM »

<**okay, and Emma: can we say the girls got nice n tipsy and had a good cuddle sesh? :p and now they're also going to visit Gray?**>

The past couple of days in the psyche ward had been torturous. Grayson had been made to stay away not only from Sophie, but all of the other female patients as well (as if he was only interested in women, ha!). Of course it was being away from Sophie that really bothered him. She felt like his only tether to reality in that place.

Mara-la

• strange fruit
    • Instagram
« Reply #5052 on: March 22, 2019, 09:16:19 AM »

Sophie, having been out of the hospital for a day, was now making her way back to it, but this time, as a visitor. Now that she was free she had put on her makeup and painted her nails a fresh black and was feeling back to her normal self. She entered and headed up to the psych ward’s visitor area, winking at the nurses as she passed in a greeting.

Autumn had continued staying at Andrew’s place. She had avoided going back to her place until her parents decided to take their leave, but not before they left her a rather long winded letter about how she needs to be more careful and intentional with her life choices. The letter implied that she had no judge of character and attached herself to people with ‘negative, materialistic energies’, which had irritated her to no end because she believed it was a jab at her relationship with Andrew. She didn’t like the way her parents made her; they triggered something in her that she wasn’t proud of, and she hated that Andrew had seen that side of her so early in their relationship.

Now, midday, she finished her morning shift at the coffee shop and was getting her stuff together. It was the last visitation they would have with Grayson before he got out (as far as she knew) and she was so ready to see him out of there.

Eraisuithiel

« Reply #5053 on: March 22, 2019, 09:23:09 AM »

Grayson was brought into a common room for visiting hours and, upon seeing Sophie, immediately rushed over to her. "Hey, you!" He said warmly as he embraced her. "You look beautiful. Freedom really does work wonders, huh?"

Mara-la

• strange fruit
    • Instagram
« Reply #5054 on: March 22, 2019, 09:24:42 AM »

Sophie smiled and she was pretty sure a slight blush crept over her face. "Freedom lets us be ourselves, and that's where the beauty comes from," she said. She was never good at compliments, but she figured this was a vague enough answer that she could get away with it. "And you! You'll be out soon. God. I've been out one day and it already feels like a lifetime ago I was in here."
Pages: 1 ... 335 336 [337] 338 339 ... 352