Scott Westerfeld Forum

Pages: 1 ... 874 875 [876]

Author Topic: Gods and Monsters  (Read 135231 times)

|ĸιrα|

Re: Gods and Monsters
« Reply #13125 on: October 16, 2020, 10:55:20 AM »

Elijah just gave her a reassuring smile and then followed her downstairs. ?Should we make anything else?? He asked Jaime and Sadie as they reentered the kitchen.

Higher, further, faster

kristina-la

• Be kind, be calm, be safe.
« Reply #13126 on: October 16, 2020, 11:39:13 AM »

Jaime smiled when Elijah came down, with Norah; so they weren't being kicked out it seemed. He could see that Norah had been through something difficult but knew better than to ask questions; she had that look on her face that screamed, I don't want to talk about it. "We could make a salad if you have the stuff for that," Jaime suggested then looked to Sadie, "We should have bought garlic bread!" he lamented.

Norah stood by Elijah's side, eyeing the couple with uncertainty. She was touched that they'd cared enough to check in on them and appreciated that they'd brought food; it almost helped to lift the grief weighing on her. Almost. "it smells good," she commented quietly

"It will never be enough! I only want to hear JaJa Ding Dong!"

Emma-la

« Reply #13127 on: October 16, 2020, 01:37:56 PM »

Norah looked so depressed, it made Sadie?s heart ache to think about what could have crushed her spirit so badly. But they were there to bring joy, not make them any more upset. ?Garlic bread would have been perfect,? she agreed. ?I don?t think we could mess up salad though. And we did bring wine to wash it all down.?

[lmao she just keeps forgetting those two don?t drink I feel so bad]
“The only way out of the labyrinth of suffering is to forgive.”
*~*RESIDENT FORUM ROLEPLAYING ADDICT*~*

|ĸιrα|

« Reply #13128 on: October 17, 2020, 02:05:25 AM »

?I think we could make garlic bread, right? I have French bread and butter and garlic so...? Elijah scratched his chin and then pulled his phone out to look up a recipe. He had largely been ignoring it the last few days and there were dozens of unread messages from both Lilah and Ethan, but he was opting to ignore them both.

Higher, further, faster

kristina-la

« Reply #13129 on: October 17, 2020, 02:19:36 AM »

?We aren?t really drinkers, but thank you anyway,? Norah said politely as she sat down at the kitchen island, grimacing a bit as she was still a little soar.

Jaime wished they knew what had gone on with Norah and Elijah, mainly so they didn?t say the wrong thing and upset her further. She seemed to be in a delicate state. ?So, um...how is daniella doing?? He asked, thinking talk of their daughter would lighten the mood a bit.

|ĸιrα|

« Reply #13130 on: October 20, 2020, 04:05:54 AM »

?She?s...good. She?s sleeping upstairs,? Elijah said, glancing at Norah.

Higher, further, faster

kristina-la

« Reply #13131 on: October 20, 2020, 06:28:53 AM »

normally, Norah would love talking about Daniella; their daughter was one of her greatest joys. Norah just nodded and looked down, a small frown creasing her forehead as she tried to hold it together in front of them, "she's growing so fast," Norah just said.

"I bet," Jaime said, offering them a kind smile. "Why don't we get started on that garlic bread?" he suggested, sensing Daniella was a tough subject for whatever reason. "
« Last Edit: October 20, 2020, 06:40:13 AM by kristina-la »

Emma-la

« Reply #13132 on: October 20, 2020, 11:39:29 AM »

Sadie nodded slowly, having to stop herself from asking inappropriate questions. Was something wrong with Daniella? What exactly was causing the couple to act so somber? "Yeah, let's do that."
“The only way out of the labyrinth of suffering is to forgive.”
*~*RESIDENT FORUM ROLEPLAYING ADDICT*~*
Pages: 1 ... 874 875 [876]