Scott Westerfeld Forum

Pages: 1 ... 456 457 [458] 459 460 ... 473

Author Topic: Origins of Heroes Role Play  (Read 174303 times)

kristina-la

• Be kind, be calm, be safe.
Re: Origins of Heroes Role Play
« Reply #6855 on: September 11, 2020, 05:29:43 AM »

Had Diana known where Henry's vision would take them, she would have volunteered to stay behind. She had escaped this empire and was not keen on returning for very long, "We must be careful," Diana said, reluctantly following Giovanni toward the towns, "We will not be welcome here; especially not dressed like this," Diana said

"It will never be enough! I only want to hear JaJa Ding Dong!"

MercyResurrected

• Death Inspires Me Like a Dog Inspires a Rabbit
« Reply #6856 on: September 11, 2020, 02:16:38 PM »

Giovanni looked back at Diana and raised an eyebrow, coming to closer to her, ?Tell me what you know.? Like he had done on their missions together for Rome, ?What are we up against??

kristina-la

« Reply #6857 on: September 11, 2020, 03:09:44 PM »

Diana was scared but trying not to show it, ?I?m afraid I know little about this place,? Diana admitted, ?just that my people seized control within the last few decades,? Diana explained as they headed for the town. ?Can you use your voice to get us more appropriate attire? we should at least try to blend in,? Diana said.

MercyResurrected

« Reply #6858 on: September 11, 2020, 08:31:03 PM »

?Of course,? Giovanni said, and then paused, putting a hand on her shoulder, before turning her face with his fingertips, ?Hey? look at me.? He nodded, ?I brought you here. I?m taking us all back too. We can handle this?

kristina-la

« Reply #6859 on: September 12, 2020, 12:33:30 AM »

Diana met his eyes, unsurprised that he could tell how frightened she was. He knew her too well. Diana breathed in deeply and closed her eyes, trying to push the fear away; he was right, they could handle this. She eventually nodded, ?let?s go, it?s too hot for us to be standing around in the sun,? she said and started walking again.

Eraisuithiel

« Reply #6860 on: September 15, 2020, 11:11:26 AM »

Just as he was starting to feel his legs again, two brutes snatched him and pulled him into a nearby cave. No, not a cave, a ruin, an ancient building left to the sands of the desert and of time. "I'll kill all of you for this," Casiel growled as they clamped rusted chains over his wrists and ankles.

His threats just amused the two men. "Keep mewling like that, worm, and the Boss will cut out your tongue."

The village marketplace was buzzing with activity. The smells of spices and foods, the bright patterns and colours of the fabrics and pottery; it was all intoxicating. Mer'Amen sat on the edge of the spice merchants cart, chatting idly with passersby. He could hardly focus on small talk, however. Something was in the water; he could feel it. Something powerful was coming.

MercyResurrected

« Reply #6861 on: September 16, 2020, 11:30:54 PM »

As the group approached the village, Gio used his ability to ask for some clothing and some water too. The merchant obliged and he handed each one of them a set of clothes and took a long drink from the pitcher before handing it to Diana. ?We can change behind that horse stall?

kristina-la

« Reply #6862 on: September 17, 2020, 12:35:04 AM »

Diana took a sip of water and then passed it to mateline. The village reminded Diana of her home to some degree, or maybe she was just looking for similarities; nevertheless, it was unsettling. Diana met Giovanni?s eyes briefly before ushering them behind the horse stall. She grabbed the clothing meant for her and changed quickly, ?we should find somewhere to rest. Maybe Henry can spend some time trying to see more visions of casiel,? Diana said. They needed a better picture of where he was being kept.

Livy stared at the place her sister once stood for a few moments, then turned to faline and the young man beside her. Her eyes wandered to faline?s stomach, which was very obviously no longer carrying a child, ?you had the baby?? Livy asked her, suddenly worried as she did not see or hear a baby anywhere.

MercyResurrected

« Reply #6863 on: September 17, 2020, 01:09:57 AM »

Giovanni knew Diana was right but he shook his head , stubborn, ?The longer we wait, the worse things that could happen and-? he paused and swallowed, ?I don?t want that weird thing to happen again. I just?I had a short period where I just didn?t care anymore. I was frozen.?

Faline nodded at Livy and then swallowed, ?Yes, I did have my baby. He was perfect. But? that evil goddess Venus took him from me and now?? she looked back at Arthur, ?He?s all grown up?

kristina-la

« Reply #6864 on: September 17, 2020, 05:37:30 AM »

"We don't even know where he is," Diana argued, "and you just teleported half way across the work; you need to rest before we jump back into danger," Diana tried to reason with him, "You're no use to Casiel right now," she said gently. Diana moved towards him and put her hand on his arm, "It will be alright brother," she assured him, but thinking of Cupid's warning to them about Gio, "Your father...he did warn us that might happen," she admitted

Livy's eyes grew wide, horrified that the baby had been taken by that awful goddess. her eyes slid past Faline to the man, "That's....your son?" Livy asked, blushing as she took note of how handsome he was, "But how?"

"I grew up on a island that exists outside of mortal time," Arthur chimed, "18 years for me was mere hours here," Arthur tried to explain

Emma-la

« Reply #6865 on: September 17, 2020, 06:05:10 AM »

Mateline changed into her new change of clothes, listening intently. "Cupid said that would happen?" she asked in surprise.
“The only way out of the labyrinth of suffering is to forgive.”
*~*RESIDENT FORUM ROLEPLAYING ADDICT*~*

Eraisuithiel

« Reply #6866 on: September 17, 2020, 06:10:12 AM »

He noticed the strangers right away. From their skin, which was far fairer than his or the other locals, and the language which they spoke. However the real reason that they caught his attention was the ease with which the young man had been able to recieve free clothing and water. Was he some sort of sorcerer?

Mer'Amen jumped off of the cart, carefully approaching them. He doubted they spoke his native tongue, so he decided to try the little bit of Greek he had learned while travelling. "Hello, I am Mer'Amen," he said, the words clunky and awkward. "You are... thieves?" It was more inquisitive than an accusation.

MercyResurrected

« Reply #6867 on: September 17, 2020, 08:28:19 AM »

Gio looked at Diana and furrowed his brow, ?Warned you that what would happen? What is happening to me? Will?will it get worse? If?If I don?t love Casiel?he has to go back and I don?t want that to happ-? Gio jumped back as the guy appeared in front of them, speaking half Greek and stood up straight, ?We?re not thieves. No? he said plainly in Greek.

Faline felt her heartache again and again as Arthur explained and she swallowed, ?But you?re here, now, that is what?s important?

kristina-la

« Reply #6868 on: September 17, 2020, 10:36:14 AM »

Diana looked at Gio, unsure what to say but was fortunately spared as the man approached them. She knew a little Greek but not enough to really understand what he saying to them. "what is he saying?" Diana asked in Italian. She did not like that they'd already been noticed, though she was not surprised; Henry and Mateline's fair complexions would undoubtedly draw attention.

Livy's eyes lingered on Faline for a moment, feeling the woman's heartache; her son's childhood was stolen from her. "And I am not going anywhere," Arthur assured Faline. "It seems I've missed a lot here," Livy commented, looking around the came again; she still couldn't shake feeling like she didn't belong in the camp, especially without Diana there.

Emma-la

« Reply #6869 on: September 17, 2020, 11:31:16 AM »

Mateline reached a nervous hand for Diana's, immediately on edge at the strange man. "He thinks we're thieves," she whispered to Diana, glaring at Mer'Amen.
« Last Edit: September 17, 2020, 12:05:31 PM by Emma-la »
“The only way out of the labyrinth of suffering is to forgive.”
*~*RESIDENT FORUM ROLEPLAYING ADDICT*~*
Pages: 1 ... 456 457 [458] 459 460 ... 473