Scott Westerfeld Forum

Pages: 1 ... 120 121 [122] 123 124 ... 218

Author Topic: Origins of Heroes Role Play  (Read 25113 times)

Eraisuithiel

Re: Origins of Heroes Role Play
« Reply #1815 on: January 13, 2019, 05:47:44 AM »

Casiel hesitated for a moment, knowing well enough when his nosiness had gone too far. After a moment he jogged after Giovanni. "Where are we going?" He asked.

MercyResurrected

• Death Inspires Me Like a Dog Inspires a Rabbit
« Reply #1816 on: January 13, 2019, 05:55:22 AM »

“Home,” Giovanni said and kept walking with him for a short distance until they got to a little house not 100 feet from the docks. He hesistated as he approached it, water welling up in his eyes. His fingers digging into his palm. He hadn’t seen it since he ran. And no one had taken the home after they’d left obviously, it was falling apart.

Mara-la

• strange fruit
    • Instagram
« Reply #1817 on: January 13, 2019, 06:02:34 AM »

Elisha caught took the horse lead for the horses, and then shoved one of them towards Henry. "You lead one, I'll lead the other," she said. She then walked in front of him, heading down to the area Gio had pointed out.
Member since April 24th 2010.
----------------------------------
Author of "We All Come Home"
Short story; pub. March 2018
in Scarborough Fair Magazine
----------------------------------
www.youtube.com/maragrace

MercyResurrected

« Reply #1818 on: January 13, 2019, 06:06:31 AM »

Faline glared at Elisha, not liking how she shoved the horse. She then looked at Mateline as she stood beside her,  but nervous and swallowed, “Can I help you with the cart?”

kristina-la

• A 1000 times I've failed still your mercy remains
    • tumblr
« Reply #1819 on: January 13, 2019, 06:09:47 AM »

Henry took the other horse, clenching his jaw as he held his tongue. Elisha was a piece of work. "Careful with them," he said evenly, calming the slightly spooked horse before following her.

“No matter how filthy something gets, you can always clean it right up”

Eraisuithiel

« Reply #1820 on: January 13, 2019, 07:30:39 AM »

Casiel watched Giovanni for a moment. "Nothing but an old empty building," he said quietly. "But, if this is too hard for you, we don't- we can leave, I mean."

MercyResurrected

« Reply #1821 on: January 13, 2019, 08:00:59 AM »

Giovanni shook his head, “I was 10. I never would have looked for things that I want to know now.” He told Casiel. He then went into the house and immediately, Tears just fell from his eyes. He wasn’t sobbing, just silently letting them roll down. He walked through the small room with books and chairs and a table. Their kitchen, just a small fire pit. He pushed through and then with a heavy heart and with his eyes closed, he opened the door to the room he shared with his mother.

Eraisuithiel

« Reply #1822 on: January 13, 2019, 10:07:40 AM »

It was a little uncomfortable, if he were to be perfectly honest. Maybe it was his lack of memories, but he really couldn't understand being so emotional over a bunch of empty rooms. Did that make him a bad person? He was beginning to serious question it. He came up behind Gio, placing a hand on his shoulder. "You okay?" He asked awkwardly.

MercyResurrected

« Reply #1823 on: January 13, 2019, 10:10:45 AM »

Gio opened his eyes again and nodded, swallowing, wiping his eyes quickly, "Yes. I'm...I'll be alright." he said and then went over and sat down on the bed. He squeezed his eyes shut as he imagined sitting there with his mother again, her last months being sick and frail, but still singing him to sleep every night, still holding him closely. He opened his eyes and looked around the room, then getting up and going over to a trunk, opening it and finding her clothes. He pulled out one of her dresses and buried his face in it, another wave of tears hitting him as her scent lingered.

Eraisuithiel

« Reply #1824 on: January 13, 2019, 10:15:09 AM »

Casiel wandered into the room, eyeing the place carefully. It didn't appear to be haunted; in fact, the entire place was empty. "She's resting peacefully," he told him, though he knew it was probably a little comfort.

MercyResurrected

« Reply #1825 on: January 13, 2019, 10:19:29 AM »

Gio turned and looked at Casiel, "Her ghost isn't here?" he said and took a deep breath, nodding, "I'm glad. I'd hate to learn that she was wandering and that I'd left." He then dug through her trunk and furrowed his brow, pulling out a wooden box with a dolphin engraved on it. He opened it and and sat down on the floor, eyes suddenly wide, "Letters..." he whispered and pulled them out. They were all addressed to the same person...My Darling and she'd signed them all Psyche.

Eraisuithiel

« Reply #1826 on: January 13, 2019, 10:26:30 AM »

"No, she definitely passed on," Casiel told him. He walked over, crouching beside Gio. "Letters? To... to your father, maybe?"

MercyResurrected

« Reply #1827 on: January 13, 2019, 10:33:13 AM »

Giovanni nodded, "But my mother's name was Olivia, not Psyche. I don't understand." he said and looked at Casiel before turning back and reading the letter on top.

My Darling,
Everyday Giovanni grows so much bigger and stronger. He looks more and more like you every time I see him turn a corner and it simply makes me wish you were here with us. I know this is for our safety, but if your mother really discovered us, would it be that awful? I promise to you, I will not insist any longer, I only ask that you will not abandon our son. He will need your strong hand one day when he’s becoming a man and begins to seek out things I do not know.
I miss you every night and wish for the days we spent together on the beach. I hope to see you again with my own eyes one day, my handsome Cupid.
Just one response to one of these letters is all I ask, my love. Just to show our son that his father knows and cares.
Eternally yours,
Psyche

"Cupid," Giovanni murmured and his eyes opened, "That's my father..."

Eraisuithiel

« Reply #1828 on: January 13, 2019, 10:50:07 AM »

Casiel took a step back, staring at the letter. "Cupid is his Roman name, Eros," he said. "But that probably doesn't mean anything, right? Different names for the same god."

MercyResurrected

« Reply #1829 on: January 13, 2019, 12:48:34 PM »

"Roman," Giovanni said, unsure why the word felt...familiar and yet raw like a nerve. He took a big breath and then sit up taller on the floor, "Nevertheless, it's...it's something right?" he said and then pulled out of the box one last object, an ornate golden right, looking like it's been engraved by the hands of the Faye. It was clearly a man's ring as it was large and the band was thick and on it were dolphins and a broken arrow going through them. Giovanni slipped it onto his right hand and it was nearly a perfect fit. He gripped his hand with it and then smiled, "I think...this box and the ring are all I need."
Pages: 1 ... 120 121 [122] 123 124 ... 218