Scott Westerfeld Forum

Pages: 1 ... 368 369 [370] 371 372 ... 386

Author Topic: Origins of Heroes Role Play  (Read 59494 times)

kristina-la

• A 1000 times I've failed still your mercy remains
    • tumblr
Re: Origins of Heroes Role Play
« Reply #5535 on: July 14, 2019, 05:03:55 PM »

Diana sighed and sat up, trying not to seem disappointed. “I suppose you’re right,” she admitted, looking back at the jungle. As much as she wanted to continue, it would be improper for Livy to find them in such a compromising position. Diana was not prepared to have that discussion with her sister. Diana ran her hand through Mateline’s hair and smiled, “we will have to find somewhere more private next time,” she said playfully

“No matter how filthy something gets, you can always clean it right up”

Emma-la

« Reply #5536 on: July 14, 2019, 05:06:13 PM »

“If we go far enough into the trees we should be safe,” Mateline agreed, already pulling away to stand up. “Less chance anybody will see.”
“The only way out of the labyrinth of suffering is to forgive.”
*~*RESIDENT FORUM ROLEPLAYING ADDICT*~*

kristina-la

• tumblr
« Reply #5537 on: July 15, 2019, 12:32:21 AM »

Diana grinned widely as she too moved to stand, “I’m sure no one will miss us if we scope out a good place right now,” Diana said coyly

Henry day on the beach, deep in thought as he watched the waves gently wash up on the shore. He’d slipped away when calypso had been distracted, just desperately needing some time alone to think. He’d woken from a vision of a woman who he knew was very special to him but something was preventing him from remembering her. Every time henry slept he had visions of this woman and every time he woke, he was consumed with sadness. He wanted to be with her, even if the fog was preventing him from understanding why. Henry buried his face in his knees and let the visions come; it was like a rush of water being release suddenly. He was hit with so many glimpses into the future, all at once.

He focused on one in particular, of himself telling calypso that he had to go, that his friends needed him. That she needed him. Calypso shook her head and grabbed Henry’s arms, looking at him with tearful eyes; She begged him to stay and Henry could see his eyes glaze over as she led him back to bed. He could see the weakness wash over him as she helped him lay down. “Your friends don’t need you my love, I need you” calypso insisted as Henry struggled to stay awake. Calypso stroked the side of his cheek and kissed him, “I love you henry, you’re not leaving,” she whispered and then Henry fell fell into a deep sleep.

Henry was frightened by what he saw; calypso was keeping him under some kind of spell that he just couldn’t escape. He wished he could show the girl from his visions what was happening to him. Maybe she could help him. Henry shut his eyes tight and thought of the girl, thought about sharing his vision with her. 

MercyResurrected

• Death Inspires Me Like a Dog Inspires a Rabbit
« Reply #5538 on: July 15, 2019, 12:38:57 AM »

It was like a world of white around her. Faline felt it was different than any dream or vision she’d been having in her sleep. She looked around and far away, she squinted her eyes. A man was there. “Henry?” She called and inched toward him. She looked at herself and her hands and arms and then looked up, “Henry!” She called. She rushed toward him but then stopped suddenly, an invisible wall seeming to keep her from him. She banged her fist against wall, “HENRY!!” she screamed, just trying to get his attention.

kristina-la

• tumblr
« Reply #5539 on: July 15, 2019, 12:50:21 AM »

Henry’s visions blinked away instantly and he found himself in a strange place, surrounded by nothing by white. He could hear a banging noise then someone screaming his name. He looked around until his eyes found her; the girl. As soon as he saw her, everything cane flooding back, “faline...” he whispered, horrified that he could have forgotten her so easily s Henry ran to her but was stopped by the invisible wall; he put his hands against the barrier and looked at her with deep sadness. He rested his forehead against the wall and closed his eyes, “watch,” he whispered, letting her see the vision of calypso using her magic to prevent him from leaving.

MercyResurrected

« Reply #5540 on: July 15, 2019, 12:55:47 AM »

Faline looked at Henry, teary eyed and then did as he said, watching the woman who had him entrances and then her face twisting into anger as she watched the woman kiss him before putting back down. She banged her fists against the wall, “No no no!!!” She screamed and then she suddenly gasped, sitting up in reality and holding her chest. She looked around her, seeing the empty campfire. Just Darius and Livy nearby. She growled and stood up, grabbing a knife before calling, “Gio!” She had to get to Henry. She had to save him from that woman.

kristina-la

• tumblr
« Reply #5541 on: July 15, 2019, 01:16:02 AM »

When Henry opened his eyes again, she was gone and he slumped against the invisible barrier, tears streaming down his face. He had to break free of whatever mental cage calypso had placed him in.

“Henry, my dear, what are you doing over here,” said calypso, pulling him back to reality. Henry sighed and got up, facing her with a small, confused frown. “I have to go. My friends need me...” Henry said as he fought the fog descending. His vision then unfolded just as he’d prophesied, ending with calypso’s magic plunging him into a deep sleep again.

Calypso sat beside Henry as he slept, brushing her fingers through his hair. Why did they always want to leave her? It was cruel of the gods to constantly send her companions that could never stay. This time would be different; Henry would come to love her and they would live together on the island forever; she just had to make him forget all about his friends and that girl he always mumbled about in his sleep

Eraisuithiel

« Reply #5542 on: July 15, 2019, 01:33:54 AM »

Gio let hand linger on Casiel's arm, taking advantage of the moment before letting it slide off, "That--doesn't seem like a good thing." he frowned. He looked back towards where he could see the smoke rising from camp. "Maybe we should head back. You can rest."
"I'll be fine," Casiel insisted, rubbing his temples, his nose wrinkling. Gio was probably right, though. They should head back- it was clear to Cas that his headaches were only worsened by being alone with the other man.

Emma-la

« Reply #5543 on: July 15, 2019, 01:36:12 AM »

Mateline smiled back at Diana and was about to agree when she heard Faline’s shout. She frowned, looking back towards their camp. “Should we...?”

kristina-la

• tumblr
« Reply #5544 on: July 15, 2019, 01:43:08 AM »

Diana groaned and looked to the camp, wishing they could just ignore it. “I suppose we should,” she relented. Diana got to her feet and helped mateline up, “this had better be an emergency,” She grumbled.

Emma-la

« Reply #5545 on: July 15, 2019, 01:44:55 AM »

Mateline took a moment to make sure her clothes were all straight and then took Diana’s hand as they walked quickly back to camp, dropping it when they were in viewing distance. “Faline what’s wrong?”

MercyResurrected

« Reply #5546 on: July 15, 2019, 03:20:58 AM »

Faline turned around and then waved the girls off as she called again for Gio and started to walk into the jungle, “Gio!! Please! Giovanni!”

Gio nodded and put his hand on Casiel’s chest to teleport them down the cliff to where his clothes were. He pulled his shirt back on and was pulling on his boots when he heard Faline. He sat up a bit and then pulled the other boot on quickly before running, “Faline?!” He called, worried for her.

kristina-la

• tumblr
« Reply #5547 on: July 15, 2019, 05:46:02 AM »

Diana exchanged a worry glance with Mateline before following after the girl. Faline had been acting rather strangely in the past week, and Gio seemed to know what was going on with her.

MercyResurrected

« Reply #5548 on: July 15, 2019, 05:58:52 AM »

Faline and Gio met in the middle and he looked her over, like he was worried she was hurt. He put his hands on her shoulders, “What is it?” She put a hand in his chest, “You need to take me to Henry.  Now. Someone has him. I had a vision. I saw him as clearly as I see you. Please.” Gio looked at her and saw the knife in her hand and stepped back, “No. I—I told you before these dreams are just dreams. They’re not visions.”

kristina-la

• tumblr
« Reply #5549 on: July 15, 2019, 06:11:29 AM »

Diana caught up to Faline just as the girl was begging Gio to take her to Henry. She quickly let go of Mateline's hand, which she'd grabbed to pull the girl after her. "What if they aren't just dreams," Diana spoke up, "What did you see exactly?" she asked Faline. What if Henry really was in trouble? They needed him to find the new world or they would be trapped on the Island for far too long.

Pages: 1 ... 368 369 [370] 371 372 ... 386