Scott Westerfeld Forum

Pages: 1 ... 20 21 [22]

Author Topic: Random RP One Shots  (Read 20341 times)

|ĸιrα|

• Razzle Dazzle Time!
Re: Random RP One Shots
« Reply #315 on: May 01, 2019, 12:06:30 PM »

Nico :c

I'm like the cool, ninja sharpshooter!

Eraisuithiel

« Reply #316 on: May 01, 2019, 12:13:27 PM »

I like how, regardless of how much of a bastard I make him, he still gains sympathy from everyone :P

|ĸιrα|

• Razzle Dazzle Time!
« Reply #317 on: May 01, 2019, 01:16:02 PM »

We love idiots what can I say

I'm like the cool, ninja sharpshooter!

MercyResurrected

• Death Inspires Me Like a Dog Inspires a Rabbit
« Reply #318 on: May 02, 2019, 06:26:32 AM »

Our poor boy :(

Eraisuithiel

« Reply #319 on: May 02, 2019, 07:57:06 AM »

Should be poor William, if anything :P

MercyResurrected

« Reply #320 on: May 02, 2019, 08:05:43 AM »

That's who I meant. Screw Nico :P

GeeBeezy

« Reply #321 on: June 02, 2019, 08:57:45 PM »

I like how, regardless of how much of a bastard I make him, he still gains sympathy from everyone :P

The roleplaying section is so small, yet it manages to fit so much bastard in it.

We love idiots what can I say

Do you love idiots.

That's who I meant. Screw Nico :P

*Insert Percy Jackson Series joke*

Roleplay: The name changes every five minutes so I won't burden you with the current one.
Title: Hitting/Missing your mark [or: I guess they never miss huh?]
Characters involved: Lanying, Lanfen, Lifen [unconscious]
Victims: Agni
Guidance Rating/Content: G[ee willickers]

Lanying tapped her bright red nails on the table thoughtfully as Lanfen gulped down noodles from hers and Lifen's bowls in the seat opposite. Lifen herself was in no position to argue over the theft of her breakfast as she'd thrown herself into her seat a minute earlier, muttered something about how "Justice never sleeps!" and passed out with her arms crossed and her head thrown back, snoring softly while her twin donated her food to the hungry, or the hungry Lanfen anyway.
"I just don't get it," Lanying said, sipping her coffee. "Was I too subtle? Were the constant threats to his safety and acts of violence on and around his person too subtle??"
Lanfen shrugged sympathetically, nodding as she ate. "Flirting can be tough when you're young."
Lanying tilted her head. "Really?"
Lanfen laughed around her noodles. "No it's easy. I'm still thinking about becoming a monk though."
Lanying raised her eyebrow. "And swearing off meat and alcohol?"
Her older sister started swallowing a piece of pork as she poured a shot into the lid of her hip flask. "Just what are you implying with that tone?" She asked crossly as she took a swig from the bottle.
Lanying rolled her eyes as Lanfen swallowed and burped, before tilting her chair back and putting* her boots on the table. "Look, you want my advice? Beat him at something. You got to smooch Reed-"
"Topknot." Lanying corrected her.
"-after you beat him up right? Guys love it when you're better than them at something they try really hard to be good at!"
Lanying clenched her fist and pounded the table hard enough to wake Lifen, who overbalanced while screaming something about "Ninjas!" and vanished as soon as she hit the floor.
"Lanfen!" Lanying declared. "You're a GENIUS."

_____

Agni took a deep breath through his nose and out slowly through his mouth, watching his breath smoke on the frosty, early morning air.
He rolled his shoulders, his arms still burning from his exercises that morning and raised the longbow in front of him as he brought his other hand forward, holding a target arrow. Finding such a bow in the armory had been less difficult than he'd expected, despite the realm's predilection towards small, powerful composite and crossbows. But he supposed the Terrestrials wanted their scions educated in the weapons of their enemies and subject states as much as they were in their own. He admitted ruefully to himself that if his nation had adopted a similar tactic it might have bought them time enough to force the Realm's legions back for a little longer, maybe enough time to force a truce or even a stalemate if they hadn't been caught so unprepared to face an enemy from so far away.
But he doubted it.
Forcing all thoughts of darker times from his mind Agni drew the string back to just past his ear, the mighty yew-wood straining as his powerful, bare arms, still bandaged from the last time Lifen saw him within ten feet of Lanying bent it into a letter 'C' shape. He aimed, inhaled, exhaled and fired, slamming his arrow home within the second ring from the center.
THWACK
A second, shorter arrow made of cherry wood and wrapped with bronze bands smashed into the target just below and to the right of his shot and just a half-dozen inches closer to the middle, putting it squarely within the center ring.
He heard a whoop of victory behind him. "Whoohoo! Did you see that Agni?!" he turned, his jaw dropped slowly along with his bow when he saw Lanying balanced on one hand, with a shortbow held between the toes of her left foot as her right went back to grab another arrow. He could only watch as she drew, aimed and fired a second shot that landed even more perfectly than her previous one. His mistress pumped the air with her free hand and grinned at her real target. "Did you see that one Agni? Agni? Hey Agni!"
She flipped onto her feet and ran after him as he trudged back inside.
"Did you see how much better I was than you? Did you?"
He accidentally shut the door in her face.
She snorted and picked up a nearby statue of a lion-dog.
"Men." she said and started using the statue as a battering ram.

*I almost wrote that as pooting the first time I wrote that part. That would have been embarrassing**!
**Which I spelled correctly the first time! I'm almost at a second graders writing level!
« Last Edit: June 02, 2019, 09:11:39 PM by GeeBeezy »
抹茶のマーブルレアチーズケーキ

Matcha marble cheesecake

ジャガイモはセクシーで

and suddenly I wasnt a fish anymore I was omnipresent

And chacha real smooth

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=35fBK7kCTgU

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tzClLu8DXlM

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fzcQxRr1cSw

MercyResurrected

« Reply #322 on: June 03, 2019, 12:01:05 AM »

Roleplay: The Great Fangsby
Title: Twilight
Characters involved: Peggy and Thomas Juniper
Rating: G

Hand in hand, Peggy walked out of the movie theatre with Thomas, an obviously disturbed look on her face. Thomas glanced down and was smirking just a little bit before bursting into laughter, “Oh come on, you can’t be mad about this one!”
“No Thomas, I’m furious! You know I have sat through every stupid movie they’ve made about vampires for the last hundred years and this one is just—” she groaned, “They’re not even vampires! They’re just weird humans that eat blood. I mean, what was with the red eyes and the—that—th—” Peggy struggled to get the word out, clearly too disturbed.
“Sparkles?” Thomas asked her with a big smile, knowing what she was referencing.
“Goddamn, did he sparkle. Must be nice to be in sunlight all the time,” she said and threw up her hands. She shook her head, “And Lord, he doesn’t even know how to romance a woman. You’d think with being decades old, he would do more than just stare at her all the time. Embrace the woman! Declare your love!”
Thomas laughed even more and lifted her hand up to his mouth, gently kissing the back of her hand, “Is it truly worse than being portrayed as a mindless monster? You were pretty angry at Lost Boys. And Interview with a Vampire.”
“I swear, I should go to Anne Rice and give her a real interview. Why are all vampires portrayed so overtly sexual too? I suppose if you’re luring in victims, that’s one way, but it would be better to pretend you need help. Trying to romance someone takes too much time,” Peggy told him, just making him smile more and more.
Thomas opened the passenger side door for her, taking a moment to really just look at his wife of almost a hundred years. She’d never cut her hair, the long platinum length tucked nicely up into a bun behind her head, and still an old fashioned girl, she had a tendency to wear mostly dresses. Today’s was an emerald ‘moon’dress as Peggy referred to it. She glanced at Thomas and raised an eyebrow, “What is it?”
He shook his head and smiled, “You’re just so cute when you’re angry at modern portrayal of vampires.” He turned, coming around the side of the car and getting in, starting to drive them home.
Peggy watched as the city’s colors flashed by, Manhattan’s lights all aglow, across the Hudson. She’d been there as they built it, watched the Empire State Building go up, the Twin Towers come down, and now the talks of building a new tower in its place. Time Square got bigger and brighter every year and every year, Peggy knew it felt less like the city she loved.
She looked back over at Thomas, in his jeans and a green button up that matched her dress. She carefully ran her fingers over a deep wound on his arm, a scar from the second World War, the most difficult time the two of them had ever faced. Peggy stayed stateside to help women and their efforts in factories, often having to wear scarves over her head to keep from sunlight but wanting to help as much as she could. Thomas had been drafted and the months apart seemed like they would never end. Peggy had donated their letters back and forth to a Smithsonian to display. Watching others read their correspondence and see what they went through touched her heart every time they visited.
After that war though, Peggy and Thomas both decided to stay out of the rest of them. IT had been too much to worry over her husband every single day, especially not knowing if he could hide from the sun or if he would find suitable blood while away.
Thomas looked at Peggy and turned his arm over, taking her hand in his, “I’m home. Don’t you worry.” He whispered and smiled at her, “Did you want to go dancing tonight or—”
Peggy only shook her head, “Oh, no, I think I’d like to go home tonight. I have to write Ms. Meyer a strongly worded letter.”

Emma-la

« Reply #323 on: June 03, 2019, 01:02:14 AM »

I’m dying I love that
“The only way out of the labyrinth of suffering is to forgive.”
*~*RESIDENT FORUM ROLEPLAYING ADDICT*~*

MercyResurrected

« Reply #324 on: June 03, 2019, 05:04:13 AM »

Thank you ♥️ If I ever get bored with the 20s, I realized we can jump decades 😂

kristina-la